• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Great, we can shut down Reddit and just throw this bot up with a supercomputer behind it.

no see u missed the entire point.

Break is a non-spell immune piercing effect which disables passives for 5 seconds. It doesn't stun, doesn't root, doesn't disable, doesn't hex. In terms of your argument in that Silver Edge nullifies PA's ability to participate, it is actually the weakest out of all the cc in terms of stopping a PA.

Saying that Break should stop passive ultimates is like saying silence should silence all spells but ultimates, because with an ultimate-centric hero like silencer,brew, or storm, silencing the hero is just too easy and counterable.

this

item is fine. though perhaps I wouldn't have attached such a feature to an invis item.

Hylian7

no see u missed the entire point.

Break is a non-spell immune piercing effect which disables passives for 5 seconds. It doesn't stun, doesn't root, doesn't disable, doesn't hex. In terms of your argument in that Silver Edge nullifies PA's ability to participate, it is actually the weakest out of all the cc in terms of stopping a PA.

Saying that Break should stop passive ultimates is like saying silence should silence all spells but ultimates, because with an ultimate-centric hero like silencer,brew, or storm, silencing the hero is just too easy and counterable.

Hmm, I can see your point. I think PA does need something to be more relevant though.

xanavi

haha yea lets make exceptions to an item which has the function of disabling passives for niche situations.

Let's ignore the fact that the item is 5450 gold (which is 200ish short of scythe) which will not only disable passives, bur ur hero.

haha

silver edge is fine with the price increase. Oh no I got Break'd on my PA, just bkb and ur good to go

hex doesn't disable any passives anymore

I agree that 5450 gold for a self-purgeable "disable" doesn't need any nerfs though.

manta, diffusal, bkb, lotus orb, guardian greaves can all be used to remove break it's not that good.

Disabling things like Blur and Backtrack are huge deals in and of itself, and I think still plenty to warrant purchasing the item.

At the very least I think they should make just Silver Edge not Break passive Ultimates, the other forms of break can though, such as Shadow Demon and Aghs Doom.
It costs so much damn gold, why wouldn't it break ultimates? In fact there's already passives that it doesn't break for some reason:

Warpath of Bristle
Witchcraft of DP
Hunter in the Night of NS
Necromastery of SF
Poison Sting of Veno

To name a few, it's an item that is supposed to break passives but doesn't even break all of them.

Low Tier
attaching a 5 second silence to an item that gives int heroes a massive boost in mid-game damage potential.

attaching a 3.5 second hex to an item that grants a large boost to intellect and mana regen

attaching a melee disable that goes through bkb on an extremely powerful version of basher

I mean disables in items are never going to be 'stand alone' so to speak, and they really shouldn't.

With the latest patch I think the item powerlevels are appropriate, you don't see major outliers like old MoM or Refresher.

o ya they got rid of break on hex with .84 huh

rip lion

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
haha yea lets make exceptions to an item which has the function of disabling passives for niche situations.

Let's ignore the fact that the item is 5450 gold (which is 200ish short of scythe) which will not only disable passives, bur ur hero.

haha

silver edge is fine with the price increase. Oh no I got Break'd on my PA, just bkb and ur good to go

Er, Scythe and hex effects don't disable passives anymore. It got nerfed in 6.84.

Low Tier
ok now that leviathan is out (if my sources are correct) I just need to see ROOT out too.

fuck root gaming

fuck na dota

fuck $5 coffees

It costs so much damn gold, why wouldn't it break ultimates? In fact there's already passives that it doesn't break for some reason:

Warpath of Bristle
Witchcraft of DP
Hunter in the Night of NS
Necromastery of SF
Poison Sting of Veno

To name a few, it's an item that is supposed to break passives but doesn't even break all of them.

I don't think it breaks passives that function as self applied buffs like warpath, but I don't know how consistent this is.

Starbuck, Dunken Donuts, basically any coffee shop. Americans are willing to pay for their drinks.

Black coffee at starbucks isn't 5$. the whole idea of starbucks being so expensive is because they charge like 8$ to put a dab of chocolate and ice in your coffee.

KingKong

I've gotten addicted to a local higher end coffee shop which means instead of 5 dollar coffees its more 7 dollar coffees but damn are they good

Acinixys

I've gotten addicted to a local higher end coffee shop which means instead of 5 dollar coffees its more 7 dollar coffees but damn are they good

I read a lot about American life here on GAF and you guys seem be be living in an insane world

$7 is so much money

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

And I thought $2-3 espresso based drinks were pushing it.

JC Sera

Is anyone getting this japanese pop on Dota TV english
SE4ecn6.gif

Hylian7

I hope the meta shakes up cause the past few days but nothin gyro, lina, undying spam.

I think there are ton of unsung heroes/strats out there that are not only viable, but strong as all hell in the pro scene, but just either haven't been discovered yet, are being saved, or they just don't run them for whatever other reason.

For instance, I think Tinker Aghs has some merit, and even before the laser part of it was reworked, I think the missile part of it is actually pretty strong. Being able to sit back and spam damage is a pretty huge deal. The laser part of it is super strong vs PL and Naga though.

I think probably the best example of this happening previously was how Faceless Void was considered strong when whatever patch TI4 was on last year came out, but he wasn't to the point of "OP and picked every game" because people either didn't realize it, or were saving it. Then we saw Void and Skywrath every game.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i can't believe they claimed they were polishing them

it looks like they were designed in an afternoon

smdh

What's the point of SF immortal, I mean we already got an arcana for him and this doesn't look too different or good for that matter, it's just a damn red hue applied on top of him.

AM Desobasher doesn't look any better. I really hope the 3rd chest is much better than this.
facepalm.gif

I'm debating myself on whether if I should spend my coins (I got around 5000) for the sets or save them in case they offer some new options in the upcoming days.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
What's the point of SF immortal, I mean we already got an arcana for him and this doesn't look too different or good for that matter, it's just a damn red hue applied on top of him.

they gave immortals to sf, who has an arcana, and to tinker, who got an immortal before

there are like 108 heroes in this game..........why...............why

Acinixys

they gave immortals to sf, who has an arcana, and to tinker, who got an immortal before

there are like 108 heroes in this game..........why...............why

Yeah im super disappointed

Where are my Drow, Juggernaut, Pudge and Natures Prophet immortals?

Those heroes have almost no cosmetics

crazy.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i can barely even tell that void has an immortal

smfh what a WASTE

i would never have given them money if knew we would get this trash

scarybore

Don't mind the look of the Leshrac immortal, though why he wants to hit shit with a sparkly stick now I don't know, but the rest look so bad that I doubt particles will redeem them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom