• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

so both notail and fly find their way into TI huh... its almost like they are good players

did mouz drop their team yet

shira

so both notail and fly find their way into TI huh... its almost like they are good players

did mouz drop their team yet

Era - prolly not
h4nni - going as caster
trixi - prolly not

TqcSVN7kc1THWfY.jpg

RIP tim drimboat

Volodja

Bounch, Kagete, EmptyCan and DV just joined me in the laggiest game of Dota 2 I've (and probably we've) ever played.

At one point I was getting half a second of action and half a second of pause, for like 40 out of 50 minutes.

Made a game that should've been really easy a complete slog. Still won, but man.

Sibylus

Banned
Thanks Calidor for the Disruptor-Void immortal trade!

Anyone want a Magnus' Shock of the Anvil from Series I? Don't really play the hero, would love to trade it for a (regular) Luna's Moonfall, Pugna's Draining Light, or Sand King's Barren Crown.

JC Sera

Watching Fnatic at ESL Frankfurt is what got me into esports (and Redeye)
cry.gif

Still feel really sorry for what happened to Era, I feel like there should be more aftercare(?)/mental health responsibility for young players

I mean just look at EE
cBj1LTf.png

EDIT: THANK FUCKING GOD THEY FINALLY MADE THIS A TOOL TIP
NOBODY IN ANY OF MY GAMES HAVE SEEMED TO READ THE COURIER NERF AND USE THE HASTE ALL WILLY NILLY

manfestival

DAC stuff is holding at $3 to $4 though.

I think it's reasonable to expect similar prices for these depending on popularity/supply.

I wouldnt expect so much considering its TI chests that are included. Almost everyone is gonna have the items they want. The very rare items are super cheap now. I got my lock staff for like 1 dollar

Gav47

Won tons of games right after 6.84 released but the second I try to do my 10 hero challenge I go on a 4 game losing streak
anuxi_rum.gif

Trickster

cBj1LTf.png

EDIT: THANK FUCKING GOD THEY FINALLY MADE THIS A TOOL TIP

NOBODY IN ANY OF MY GAMES HAVE SEEMED TO READ THE COURIER NERF AND USE THE HASTE ALL WILLY NILLY

You'd need to coordinate pretty well to utilize that short flight burst to any kind of effect I think. Not really something I think is realistic in pretty much any average pub

You'd need to coordinate pretty well to utilize that short flight burst to any kind of effect I think. Not really something I think is realistic in pretty much any average pub

yeah... basically either never use it while saving it for an emergency (where the courier would get killed) or use it on cooldown. latter is obviously easier.

JC Sera

In my pub level people split push solo as the carry and get their major items out on courier
then get ganked
and then get the courier killed because the haste was on cooldown because they used it because they were impatient about the courier travelling halfway across the map, to asituation they really shouldn't be calling the courier to in the first place

In my pub level people split push solo as the carry and get their major items out on courier
then get ganked
and then get the courier killed because the haste was on cooldown
That's not just your pub level, that's going to happen even if you're a 9k pro player, maybe slightly less often. Higher MMR =/= higher IQ, solo queuers will not care bait their teammates ever.

are the golden enigma bracers supposed to be non-giftable or is volvo gonna fix that? I don't play enigma and wanted to give mine to a buddy

JC Sera

are the golden enigma bracers supposed to be non-giftable or is volvo gonna fix that? I don't play enigma and wanted to give mine to a buddy
Not sure, same case with my friend's enigma braces.
It might be them feeling a tad nervous about hackers and scammers trying to get their hands on a $80(?) item.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
H: Anti-mage
W: Disraptor

Hit me up girlfriends!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Looking for Lesh stick for AM blades (nongolden), setting up the trade on behalf of a friend.

Smilax

I have the Void and Lesh Immortals, kinda want an AM set to go with the new blades, if interested in one of these PM me.

ksan

sorry guys.... a bit drunk

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1499315299

Pre-Draft: Let's start from the beginning, what was your plan? You gotta make up your mind before hand how you think your lanes are gonna play out, and what your Plan B is (well, unless it's losing outright). A comment with predetermined knowledge is that your items really didn't suit what I would feel was the expected game plan, you had drow with massage dmg increase on your cores, and you had 2 melee heroes with it? The very least was that you could plan on buying BKB or Mek straight away on SF to get every single outer tower early if you were owning.
0:00: You didn't take the bounty, even though one was safely secured for one of your team, this doesn't end up mattering, but it COULD have been a big deal on a hero like SF.
3:05: Bounty is roaming mid, I can't see any particular reason why you want him in the same team as an SF, anyway, if you end up drafting bh and sf at the same time, while having raze lvl 2, there was an opportunity to coordinate yourselves for the first blood. You are the SF, you have the abilities that are hard to hit, you gotta give the calls during this gank.
7:00: If no one knew your name, and they only got to watch the first 7 mintues of your game, they'd probably agree with me and say that you played pretty damn overall excepting the gank part at 3:05. Farm is really good, the push timings was really good. But at this point you buy a sobi mask, and this is where I figure, what is your plan? Why do you wanna draft a drow and an sf? I mean, you have a cent for initiation, which doesnt really make that much sense with a drow at all, cause I would expect a more pushing oriented team for our level of skill. I just don't think anyone can see the rationaliziation for neither the build nor picks at this point, and when you're moving toward your first item, it should start to come together. Is it farm? Push? Looking at the enemy line up, it certainly can't be ganking with a drow, and expecting the lina and slardar to have their items relatively soon.
7:30: Regardless, the safe lane gank was really well executed. Good timings, you missed only one creep wave, that's pretty damn good.
9:00: You TP bot. That's fine, you had pretty good positioning, and where just in range of slardar stun. However, when cent tps in, you stop trusting your team. Are you the leader? Who's calling the shots here? Regardless if the outcome is good or not, what was your reasoning about taking the longer way? You should have known, or looked during the tp time, that Lina was oom. There was absolutely no danger. I think you gotta trust the team as much as you expect them to trust your decisions.
11:00: You get the Eul's at this point. If you're Sumail, you're gonna own now. This isn't a pub doe. That's the problem.
13:00 Good fights, perhaps you wasted some farm time 11:00 to 13:00 but that doesnt really matter as you already had amazing farm. Regardless, it's beyond my comprehension what kind of call results in a clearly won fight leading to the enemy team taking your tower at the same lane one minute later. It was surely a smart call for them, but completely abandoning the lane is not a good choice. You saw both tps. Can you recall how the calls went here?
15:15: Nice plays.
16:00: Here you gotta ask yourself, even though we go into this with you already having a Euls, what was it that you wanted to achieve? In my opinion it looked like you were rekking in every team fight. This makes me wonder what kind of game plan you had with the blink dagger. Were you trying to be the next rtz/sumail/yajirobe? I think this is a situation you would want a bkb to push your advantage. I hadn't looked at the graph at this point, but you were 7.5k ahead! Is it kills you need?
18:15: You tped to def mid tower, sadly you took the complete wrong positioning given that you had a blink dagger. In this case, you want your tanky hero to approach the vision, and instead get ready to come from outside of the vision.
19:10: This was just a classic case of trying to help your team when you should have salvaged your lives and gone back, not much to say. However, there was good farm on both other lanes, you knew everyone was in the middle, you had the position disadvantage, when you don't have BKB in this situation, you call for your team to fall back to your side of the river, and either tp to a lane to farm if you're greedy, or just walk there if you want the tp to be off cd in case they'd reach the tower.
22:45: What were you thinking in this case? No one had been on the map for a long time. Sure, they could have smoked, but if you believed you were stronger in a team fight, you should instinctivly move to rosh if they are off the map for too long. With SF ult, cent blink, WD stun/ward, Drow silence, it seems like a low risk maneuver to go to rosh at that point.
24:00: This was just straight up feed. You smoked, you didnt find anyone. You could have possibly called for attacking the top tower if you believed you could take the fight. What you cannot do, however, is having everyone split up if they're off the map. You move back together, or you take the tower together.
26:45: Nice kill on Lina, but wasn't this the only time you actually used euls to its strength? And possibly the only time bounty got to do his job as well? It kinda shows that there was a lack of a plan in both the draft, and even assuming the draft was what it was, the item build.
28:45: Ok you got another kill. But two kills from euls at this time? Yeah, its starting to lose its impact.
32:00: I have no idea what happened here, blink was up. You had no chance to get your kill, still you started throwing back hits? We're you thinking that you were super strong with building these early-mid game items?
34:45: This shows the point where your item build falls off. You didnt get enough done. Your team wasnt in position, and you could fight 1v5.
40:00: No comment until this point, nice farming since last time stamp given the situation.
42:00: Nice idea to smoke, sadly kvk failed here (sorry man, but you failed the stomp and then decided to use double edge instead of running into him for the slow), THIS IS WHERE YOU GOTTA CALL THE GANK OFF, its not gonna happen, instead you jump in. When you finally run off, you start attacking instead of trying to get the hell outta there and you die.
45:00: You've lost.

Overall: There was absolutely no coherent game plan. You absolutely destroy the laning stage, but you don't have a plan for your team. Two things that absolutely destroy your team is having bounty, and building items that doesn't really go well with the amount of farm your trying to get. You would have ez won in 25 mins with a bkb rush or even a mek. I think the only reasonable conclusion I can draw is that your focusing way too much on your own "play", particularly mechanics and farm patterns, instead of trying to win in the easiest way possible. There is a reason why bkb rushes are a thing.

Sibylus

Banned
Congrats Complexity! I know so little of competitive Dota's landscape since my current job started, I pretty much just guessed at random
sad.gif

Also, really sorry for helping knock over the first domino in this thread's transition into a trade thread.

ksan

oh yeah, my main suggestion is going the simplest possible item builds, if you have problems with your mid-late game, try to make yourself as strong as possible in fights, get bkb, get damage, get life steal

kvk1

42:00: Nice idea to smoke, sadly kvk failed here (sorry man, but you failed the stomp and then decided to use double edge instead of running into him for the slow), THIS IS WHERE YOU GOTTA CALL THE GANK OFF, its not gonna happen, instead you jump in. When you finally run off, you start attacking instead of trying to get the hell outta there and you die.

Nothing to be sorry about. That was a straight up choke.

Honestly we hadn't even crossed the river at that point and should have just gone back after I bungled that up.

It was a Bristle with his entire team behind him anyway, it wasn't in our favor either way.

Appreciate the analysis ksan.

Quesa

One final LoL question: are there heroes that are good at pushing towers? Different from split pushers -- I'm talking like DP/Shadow Shaman?

ksan

Nothing to be sorry about. That was a straight up choke.

Honestly we hadn't even crossed the river at that point and should have just gone back after I bungled that up.

It was a Bristle with his entire team behind him anyway, it wasn't in our favor either way.

Appreciate the analysis ksan.

The thing is that it happens for everyone, but more importantly, I really wanna stress the fact that you gotta have a guy who makes the calls that everyone trusts, even if the call is the wrong one it's better if everyone does it. It just didn't look like it happened quick enough there.

And while I hope other people can get something out of it, it was done from hylian pov.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
got tinker piece and an sf drop as a bonus.
pretty happy w/em

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom