• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

muh brugattis
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png

yeah and iG won TI2 and now they're struggling wow !
Teams can't stay at the top forever, duh
oh and navi was a top team in the beginning of 2014, not after

shira

I'm not saying they're shit.

I'm saying Na'Vi's shit.

4asc has quality yes, but I'm comparing to where Na'Vi was, a top 3 team in Europe last year to where they are now.

finnstack has been super stable, they've been together since TI4, with Nemphy replacing Jerax in January

ksan

shouldnt have picked pudge

and when they already pick pudge, they should have gotten bkb on gyro and pipe if they actually wanted to win imo
I'm not saying they're shit.

I'm saying Na'Vi's shit.

4asc has quality yes, but I'm comparing to where Na'Vi was, a top 3 team in Europe last year to where they are now.

Yeah, but at least they're not mouz. Kappa

M.D

i've been watching dota since around ti3 but somehow watching a bunch of grown people sitting in a fancy studio discussing a video game so seriously still makes me laugh sometimes

Acinixys

i've been watching dota since around ti3 but somehow watching a bunch of grown people sitting in a fancy studio discussing a video game so seriously still makes me laugh sometimes

Its getting pretty huge, just in terms of the money involved

TI5 1st place gets AT LEAST 5 million

Here are some comparisons

1st place Tour de France - $500 000
1st place US Golf Open - $1.1 million
1st place Wimbledon - $1.7

Video games
crazy.gif

Video games
crazy.gif

divide this by 5+ (manager, structure) then take taxes

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sumail is like, 12, and he's traveling the world winning Bugattis.

shira

Yeah but I don't really like to keep tabbing in and out to chat with my gf.
Also there's no twitch chat.
give_diretide.gif

thinking.gif

Video games
crazy.gif

Sumail is like, 12, and he's traveling the world winning Bugattis.

1. You don't know what EG/GGA/Twitch/Amazon's contract entails. I'm pretty sure they get a nice cut of that cheese
2. IRL sports have IRL sponsors that pay most of their salary, except for boxing.

>Tiger Woods ranks No. 6 with earnings of $61.2 million including $55 million from endorsements, appearances and his golf course design business

That's the Bugatti money

i have no idea what your point is but it has to be stupid, I don't even

Do you realise I'm not even disparaging 4ASC?

What I posted, up there is how Na'Vi, who once was top 3 in Dota is now struggling in qualifiers.

I was asking about 4ASC because OBVIOUSLY Shira knows how they are better than me, so I'm just asking for god's sake.

[IMG
They might take a game off against them, doubt they can beat them.

Thank you, that's what I thought as well. I dont mind being wrong about it though so we'll see during TI5.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That's the Bugatti money

The Buggati money after you spend multiple decades honing your craft and creating a marketable image!

E-sports not only equalizing across race, but also across time.

I don't know what Shuggananas was so defensive about, but Na'Vi was my top pick in Ti2 & TI3.

Hell I even have their mousepad, so I'm a little sad to see how much they've fallen.

Low Tier
esports boys

lets compare esports vs fledgling sports, not established marketable spheres.

haha professional bowling

I don't know what Shuggananas was so defensive about, but Na'Vi was my top pick in Ti2 & TI3.

Hell I even have their mousepad, so I'm a little sad to see how much they've fallen.

my point is they've been pretty bad since spring 2014, don't know why you seem surprised today only that they can't beat other teams of their level

my point is they've been pretty bad since spring 2014, don't know why you seem surprised today only that they can't beat other teams of their level

Surprised? I'm just commenting about Na'Vi. Also last year, while they were struggling they still managed to get an invite to TI4, and managed to finish in the top 5 during the group stages.

This year I won't even be surprised if they don't qualify, which is what lead me to comment on it in the first place. Sorry if that comment offended you.

EDIT: Christ, can't you talk about teams anymore? Is there a Dota 2 thread where people who doesn't follow it as much as they used to comment in then.

They got invited to TI4 because they were grand finalists at TI3 and almost won it (actually threw it in 2 games including game 5), also they dominated the scene from september 2013 to jan/feb 2014, so yeah they deserved it
TI4 they placed not great (7-8 ? or 5-6 can't remember), and they've done nothing since then

Skinpop

i've been a fan of hanni since his online kingdom days in HoN but he simply isn't cut out for casting/hosting. his speech doesn't have any flow, he goes on and on for way too long, is always negative/whiny and often makes grammatical mistakes. i feel stressed listening to him, his vibe is not suitable for this kind of work.

They got invited to TI4 because they were grand finalists at TI3 and almost won it (actually threw it in 2 games including game 5), also they dominated the scene from september 2013 to jan/feb 2014, so yeah they deserved it
TI4 they placed not great (7-8 ? or 5-6 can't remember), and they've done nothing since then

Mate, I agree with you.

I'm just talking in the point of view of a fan who used to believe that they could pull victories out of their ass, TI3 was partly amazing (for me) because how Na'Vi managed in all odds get into the Grand Finals.

That Pudge/Chen strat for example, that pretty much won them that leg.

Try not to get so defensive when people comment about teams so much. I was just reminiscing, not freaking out or surprised like I just got back to the game after 2 years living in a cave.

shira

i've been a fan of hanni since his online kingdom days in HoN but he simply isn't cut out for casting/hosting. his speech doesn't have any flow, he goes on and on for way too long, is always negative/whiny and often makes grammatical mistakes. i feel stressed listening to him, his vibe is not suitable for this kind of work.

He's eyecandy
wink.gif

I think Na'Vi are a positive surprise this Qualifier, compared to how they played since TI4.

They will probably (hopefully) get trough, but will drop out of TI Main Event very fast.

mvtn

After watching TI5 I think I am going to play Dota 2 again. Any fellow D2GAF players that are looking for a mediocre support that haven't played in a while? I have ~300 games mostly playing supports, PM me.

TUSR

Banned
After watching TI5 I think I am going to play Dota 2 again. Any fellow D2GAF players that are looking for a mediocre support that haven't played in a while? I have ~300 games mostly playing supports, PM me.
Add me on steam. I'll take you under my wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom