• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a special place in hell for 3 and 4 stacks

Especially russian stacks

mfw playing with ruski 4stack
1433196322-1405793232433.gif

2 games recently just vanished, "can't find requested server" and kicks me straight into the main menu.

Both were already late into the game and we were winning both of them, what makes me angry is that this shit never happens to me when im the one losing the game.
rage.gif
rage.gif

kionedrik

hey guys just posting this one more time before I format hero icons in
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1j3ap7iqbt3d1q/DOPA.pdf?dl=0
Any feedback would be really appreciated, I don't want to format 100 heroes in only to find I put sniper to high up.

imo:

- CM and Sniper don't belong in T1. T2 seems fine for both
- WL and KotL should be T1 and not T3
- Treant, Ogre and Gyro go to T1 from T2 (edit: I forgot to add bloodcyka to this shortlist)
- SF and Bat should be T4

my initial impressions from skimming the file.

gj btw.

imo:

- Treant, Ogre and Gyro go to T1 from T2

gj btw.

KotL has like 5 spells if you activate his ultimate and several of them are hard to use if you're new, plus he's as fragile as they get. You need to have good map awareness as Treant.

I think CM and Sniper are fine at T1, definitely beginner heroes.

W1SSY

I would argue that Witch Doctor could be T1 because he is a pretty straight forward hero and does not have a real chance to hurt the team. His ult is dependent on positioning like CM and she is in T1.

imo:

- Treant, Ogre and Gyro go to T1 from T2

gj btw.

I think CM at 1 is fine because in terms of supports she is probably the easiest to understand and is not a bungler.

I think the reasoning for Sniper being T1 was because he is the tutorial hero. He is also real easy and the only thing that makes him a hard hero to play is positioning but that is something that most heroes have to deal with.

KotL is good at his position because he can really hurt your carry if he spams his blast and pushes the wave. That requires the player to understand creep equilibrium and is something that most new people will not understand.

KotL has like 5 spells if you activate his ultimate and several of them are hard to use if you're new, plus he's as fragile as they get.
Also all of this.

Any feedback would be really appreciated, I don't want to format 100 heroes in only to find I put sniper to high up.

- Io isn't that hard to learn IMO should be tier 3, to be successful he doesn't really have to focus on much other than the hero he is supporting, and awareness to know when to attack or retreat.

-Sniper too squishy players need to learn positioning and proper item build, otherwise they end up dying most of the game. Put him on Tier 2

-Crystal Maiden same as above.

-Zeus should be at least 1 tier above, most of the time he requires mobility and positioning items (force staff and blink)

-QoP should be tier 2, easy nukes, easy ulti to pull off and has an escape ability.

This is really cool btw.

The Lock of War

Nah, he requires really fast reaction to pull off his combo, and also micro management so you don't end up feeding your golems, tier 2 is fine for him.

kionedrik

My reasoning behind sending CM to T2 is that she is super squishy and requires a lot of awareness to take advantage of her skills. Also her skill build is never set in stone and requires that the player has some knowledge in order to get the best skill for any given situation.

Sniper as well. He is super squishy so you'll want to know how to position yourself, otherwise you will be a useless, dead, carry. He is however a 1 dimensional hero so I can understand why you may think of him as a beginner friendly carry.

You are both right about KotL, so disregard my initial comments about him.

ViviOggi

no way wisp isn't tier 4, squishy blob that can fuck up in so many ways completely unique to the hero with a kit that does literally nothing without good game sense + decision making

no margin for error whatsoever

JC Sera

imo:

- Treant, Ogre and Gyro go to T1 from T2 (edit: I forgot to add bloodcyka to this shortlist)

gj btw.
No idea what WL is. Edit: Oh warlock. Warlock is not easy, his slow alone puts him a tier up. CM is a great beginner hero, mainly because she has everything a support needs and you don't have to have a new player worry about mana. Sniper is literally the tutorial hero. As for KotL and Treant
KotL has like 5 spells if you activate his ultimate and several of them are hard to use if you're new, plus he's as fragile as they get. You need to have good map awareness as Treant.
Pretty much this.
Everyone told me that Timbersaw is definitely a 3, and if timber is a 3 so is Batrider. They require the same depth of knowledge, good insight for initiation timing and require farm for their full potential. SF is a 2k mid if I ever saw one.
Linda is Tier 1 waifu
fire.gif
I do not know of this "Linda" but I'm sure she is a stunning lass
bts_lina.gif

JC Sera

- Io isn't that hard to learn IMO should be tier 3, to be successful he doesn't really have to focus on much other than the hero he is supporting, and awareness to know when to attack or retreat.

-Sniper too squishy players need to learn positioning and proper item build, otherwise they end up dying most of the game. Put him on Tier 2

-Crystal Maiden same as above.

-Zeus should be at least 1 tier above, most of the time he requires mobility and positioning items (force staff and blink)

-QoP should be tier 2, easy nukes, easy ulti to pull off and has an escape ability.

This is really cool btw.

Nah, he requires really fast reaction to pull off his combo, and also micro management so you don't end up feeding your golems, tier 2 is fine for him.
Thanks a lot
blush.gif

QoP is definitely not tier 2. She requires teamwork and ganking and has a massive cooldown skillshot.
I can see the Zeus one, just remember this is about entry skill level, not mastering. You can still win with a Zeus who has no mobility who is a relatively new player.

( ◕‿◕✿) Dear poster, you are beautiful. Whatever is going on in your life right now, please know that you matter and your story is important. You are loved (◕‿◕✿)

It's almost time, boys. I look forward to seeing the improved performance of our old source games and what it will mean for VR.

will this mean Zeus redesign now??? volvo pls

Kunkka support is so much fun!

Speaking of, how about I *just* found out after like 90 Kunkka matches that you can actually end X-Marks whenever you want to by pressing the button again. Is that a new feature or was it always triggerable early? I used to miss lots of combos because I couldn't time the torrent quite right. And I've seen quite a few veterans of the game miss torrents in IHL matches (who shall remain nameless) seemingly for the same reason. Now I can't imagine I'll ever miss it. Tell me this is a new feature and I'm not just stupid.

Speaking of, how about I *just* found out after like 90 Kunkka matches that you can actually end X-Marks whenever you want to by pressing the button again. Is that a new feature or was it always triggerable early? I used to miss lots of combos because I couldn't time the torrent quite right. And I've seen quite a few veterans of the game miss torrents in IHL matches (who shall remain nameless) seemingly for the same reason. Now I can't imagine I'll ever miss it. Tell me this is a new feature and I'm not just stupid.

1356190763874.png

Satch

Banned

d-v... girl...................................................

inkls

Well it was around when i started playing in 2013, so not a new feature

I think pugna definitely deserves the 'bungler' tag; decrepify has big potential to screw up your team (slowing, disarming and amplifying magical damage on your allies, and/or making your enemy immune to rightclicks).

EDIT: also, why does tidehunter have the 'skillshot' label? If it's for anchor smash, shouldn't heroes like centaur, slardar and axe also get that label?

And finally, this part of the description of the 'farm intensive' label might be a little extreme. "The heroes in this category require you to have farming down 100% and absolutely need items to be effective.!" If I had read that as a beginner, I definitely would have stayed away from those heroes for way longer than necessary.

JC Sera

I think pugna definitely deserves the 'bungler' tag; decrepify has big potential to screw up your team (slowing, disarming and amplifying magical damage on your allies, and/or making your enemy immune to rightclicks).

EDIT: also, why does tidehunter have the 'skillshot' label? If it's for anchor smash, shouldn't heroes like centaur, slardar and axe also get that label?

And finally, this part of the description of the 'farm intensive' label might be a little extreme. "The heroes in this category require you to have farming down 100% and absolutely need items to be effective.!" If I had read that as a beginner, I definitely would have stayed away from those heroes for way longer than necessary.
Thank you so much for this feed back. I tried very hard with the descriptions to be positive and friendly as possible to not scare off new players, I will rectify this.

I only gave Tidehunter skillshot cause you can wiff his ultimate. Sheever comes to mind. I'll remove it though. And definitely add bungler to Pugna.
;_;
well shit. then why do people miss torrent x combos at all, ever? I've been playing Kunkka the hard way. rip
When I first played AA, I didn't know you had to send the second ball of ice out
dac15_sad.gif

I thought it only worked on friendly targets, but I never tested it.

throwgame.gif

Nope, it works on enemies AND allies. I was watching a support Kunkka game recently and wondering why it seemed like X was ending early for torrent. I never even noticed the button changes when X marks is active and could be cast again to end early. I guess I was always too busy trying to time torrents and boats to realize it. not many abilities in Dota2 have the mechanics X-marks has. Maybe just AA?

Nope, it works on enemies AND allies. I was watching a support Kunkka game recently and wondering why it seemed like X was ending early for torrent. I never even noticed the button changes when X marks is active and could be cast again to end early. I guess I was always too busy trying to time torrents and boats to realize it. not many abilities in Dota2 have the mechanics X-marks has. Maybe just AA?

Bane's Nightmare End and Rubick's Telekinesis Drop come to mind.

When did they patch Rubick cliffing back in? Or something? Maybe I just used a cliff they didn't fix.

And I really need to not support in ranked. Recipe for disaster.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's okay, most people don't know how Kunkka works.

I just want the Torrent delay to be changed to 1 second so I can stack at 00:58 reliably. You used to be able to stack by facing away from a camp and aiming for 00:57 precisely so that turn rate + cast time + delay = perfect stack. But now that froggu removed the facing requirement, timing it has become much more strict. I believe it's somewhere between 00:57:10 and 00:57:40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom