• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Still looking for volunteer writers for International 5 |OT|

Responsibilities:
- Write a short 100-150 word writeup about a TI team - why to watch them
- Write a short 50-100 word descrition of a "Player to Watch"
- A short "4-5" Titular phrase describing the team

Reserved:
= ksan [VP]
= JC Sera [MY]
= milkman [C9]

Needs: EG, Secret, VG, iG, Navi, NARvi2.0, EHOME, CDEC, MVPp, MVPh6, Vega, Newbee, LGD, Empire

Wooo Mystery cards
http://steamcommunity.com/market/search?q=Mysterious+Card

CGdY6dnW0AAKQom.png

Thanks a lot
blush.gif

QoP is definitely not tier 2. She requires teamwork and ganking and has a massive cooldown skillshot.
I can see the Zeus one, just remember this is about entry skill level, not mastering. You can still win with a Zeus who has no mobility who is a relatively new player.

Oh I agree, but if you are going on for that, then I think a good additional tag would be one saying which heroes heavily rely on the rest of their teammates to achieve anything substantial at all. I mean everyone requires their team because it's a team game after all, but some are far more capable of taking objectives by themselves than others.

I'm tired of seeing an Axe, Clockwerk wandering alone and then taunting/hooking 2 or more enemies and then end up dead wondering why they died.

spent $12 to get the Smoldering Journey Lina set... feel so bad.

On the plus side I got sets for Nyx, Leshrac, Silencer, Doom, and Riki to sell/trade when I can sell/trade them.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Of course, I want Fire Lotus Belt, but barring that this is my Lina dress of choice:
Cosmetic_icon_Bright_Moon_Chima.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I personally like the Flares of the Solar Divine
anuxi_solar_belt.aa5bdc698747525589a1f0e982fc41390bb59bc4.png

Also, the best hat is the Bright Moon Jeonmo
hwang_jin_yihead.af7fd1552d51f36c0f0e5464392ee75e5acf49bc.png

When did they stop selling the Synergy League ticket? The Warhawk set is likely going to start going up in price a lot, there isn't that many out there and there is no way to get it.

Also, items Peace-Bringer set hasn't been available since Septermber 2013, wonder if they will ever go up in price.

Currently there is no way to get items for DreamLeague Season 1, so the popular Pudge Bonesaw and and the Scions of the Sky hud are limited right now.

Syder

[Insert rant about 6.84 here]

I'm certain I'd be done with this game if it weren't for the Compendium/The International.

We pick a fairly decent team comp. The other team picks 4 hard carries. We own early game. Have kill and tower advantage. We push. We get racks. We give away a couple of high bounty deaths. They snowball back at us. GGWP.

[Salt Intensifies]

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

I'm certain I'd be done with this game if it weren't for the Compendium/The International.

We pick a fairly decent team comp. The other team picks 4 hard carries. We own early game. Have kill and tower advantage. We push. We get racks. We give away a couple of high bounty deaths. They snowball back at us. GGWP.

[Salt Intensifies]

did u not play 6.82 or 6.83?

Kard8p3

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

6.84 is probably my favorite patch out of the 2 years I've played. I know 2 years isn't a lot for a game like DOTA, but damn if this game isn't way more fun than before.

Haly

My only complaints about 6.84 is that comp has some egregious first pick/first bans. If they could be toned down without turning everything to shit the game would be pretty much perfect.

[Salt Intensifies]

Can't say I agree, unless we get too cocky and start playing careless getting picked 1 by one, but more often than not, early dominance equals an easy win for my team.

Artanisix

"I played a lot of 6.82 and a bit less 6.83. I just think the issues have been exacerbated. Cheap heroes are even more devastating."

cheap heroes?

Haly

Wait, why Lich?

What has Lich done to deserve being on that list?

Syder

Wait, why Lich?

What has Lich done to deserve being on that list?
He's been getting significant buffs for quite a while now. I've been seeing people rush Agh's more and more frequently; sometimes even solo laning.

Increased Chain Frost projectile speed from 675 to 750.

Reduced Chain Frost cooldown from 145/115/60 to 120/90/60.

Aghanim's Scepter now removes Chain Frost's bounce limit.
It's just a little too much, in my opinion.

inkls

vO1XZex.png

dota stans come get ur lashings. yall thot it was a one time thing. splatoon is the 2nd most popular moba now. poor dota

dMkPCvG.png

Released less than a week and can't even compete with a game made in 2011 when there's no tournament going on or streamers streaming
4Head.png
EleGiggle.png

Named after its sales
EleGiggle.png
4Head.png
Splat

Where you now tentacle hentai fans?
4Head.png

Haly

Aghs change is a joke. It only works against teams that are completely and utterly uncoordinated.

He's been a potential pub solo for a long time thanks to Sacrifice, which was nerfed very heavily a few patches ago when it changed from being a straight deny to a pseudo-deny.

I don't take much issue with your list but Lich is just very odd. I can think of a lot of support-ish heroes far more cancerous than he is.

Phoenix (no attacking allowed)
Treant (no ganking allowed)
Omni (no physical damage allowed)
Visage (HEY BIRDS ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮)
Sand King (I'm going to threaten roam across the map and farm up a 10 minute blink at the same time)
Earth Spirit (self explanatory)

Artanisix

Shira I will write Cloud 9's

And Syder, there's no way you lose one fight and they instantly snowball 15k gold. Your throw has to be extensive this patch.

Syder

Aghs change is a joke. It only works against teams that are completely and utterly uncoordinated.

He's been a potential pub solo for a long time thanks to Sacrifice, which was nerfed very heavily a few patches ago when it changed from being a straight deny to a pseudo-deny.

I don't take much issue with your list but Lich is just very odd. I can think of a lot of support-ish heroes far more cancerous than he is.

Phoenix (no attacking allowed)
Treant (no ganking allowed)
Omni (no physical damage allowed)
Visage (HEY BIRDS ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮)
Sand King (I'm going to threaten roam across the map and farm up a 10 minute blink at the same time)
Earth Spirit (self explanatory)
Maybe it's just because every time I've come up against Lich I've had team mates completely unable to deal with it lately.

I considered putting Omni in my OP. His winrate this patch is insane.

BeesEight

Got compliments on my Earthshaker playing him for the first time ever! Now that he's off the ten hero challenge, I don't have to play him ever again!

Spent my first 1000 coins and got a shitty Heart of the North set. :\ At least if I'm going to get a set for a hero that I have a bunch of cosmetics for, make it a nice one, Valve.

Hylian7

dMkPCvG.png

Released less than a week and can't even compete with a game made in 2011 when there's no tournament going on or streamers streaming
4Head.png
EleGiggle.png

Named after its sales
EleGiggle.png
4Head.png
Splat

Where you now tentacle hentai fans?
4Head.png

Actually playing the game and having
fun

join us

Hylian7

It reminds me of Quake strangely (as in the gameplay and pace of the game). I really hope it resurrects an era of arena shooters again.

Hylian7

How do you even kill Storm Spirit past 40 minutes

seriously its so impossible

silencer_global_silence_hp1.png

shadow_shaman_voodoo_hp1.png

shadow_shaman_shackles_hp1.png

orchid_lg.png

sheepstick_lg.png

abyssal_blade_lg.png

Key here is instant stuff is key 90% of the time. There's other stuff that works too, but these are examples of things that work the best.

If he has BKB, you have a BKB of your own or just back out and force him to either waste his BKB time, or go in without his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom