• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

quQ0sG8.png

I really want to get into meepo, but I just can't get the hang of him

J2d

I think I have something like 40 unplayed heroes. Used to be a lot more but hero challenges have forced me to try out some new ones. I hate playing more micro intensive characters and clear mid ones since I feel like I have too much pressure on me.

Wok

Fuck bot games. You're not gonna actually learn anything there. Just play the hero in a real game.

Problem is you lose MMR if you play ranked with a new hero, because MMR is not just player-dependent, it is hero-dependent too.

you guys need to stop playing all pick and get some single draft or all random going

preach, best modes

LLOETG5.jpg

I've definitely played some of those in regular games (Magnus recently, SS/Omni/White Drow for sure) so I don't know how dotabuff calculates that. I've played all of the heroes several times in bots but those ones are probably most out of my comfort zone for sure. I'd much rather random Chen than Pudge.

Ultrabum

Fuck bot games. You're not gonna actually learn anything there. Just play the hero in a real game.

Meh you can practice things like blink poofing 5 meepos, other than that, better to play real games.

I still can't poof all my meepos fast enough
:(

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Problem is you lose MMR if you play ranked with a new hero, because MMR is not just player-dependent, it is hero-dependent too.

Are you serious? How about

1) Play unranked
2) Don't care so much about 25 MMR

Take your pick.

How can you expect to learn a hero if you are scared to play them in a real game? And how can you ever truly understand how to play against a hero if you've never played it yourself?

Meh you can practice things like blink poofing 5 meepos, other than that, better to play real games.

I still can't poof all my meepos fast enough
:(

Right, practice and bots are good for mechanical practice but it's no substitute in any way for playing a real match.

White Drow

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Are you serious? How about

1) Play unranked
2) Don't care so much about 25 MMR

Take your pick.

How can you expect to learn a hero if you are scared to play them in a real game? And how can you ever truly understand how to play against a hero if you've never played it yourself?

Right, practice and bots are good for mechanical practice but it's no substitute in any way for playing a real match.
Well he has explicitely said he doesn't care about MMR multiple times so he can't be serious~

kionedrik

Another 4 stack

Another loss

I'm really tempted to start asking at the loading screen if they are a 4 stack. If so this guy is dodging that shit.

Smithy C

Guys I came up with a funny Dota goof but I don't have the PhotoShop means to act upon it so you can have it if you want.

Timber(ton)saw.

You know. Like Tim Burton.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
They really do. Froggu dropped the ball on Oracle, went too burden of knowledge for his own good.

yeah I thought oracle's ulti change looked good on paper, but in actuality the hero just feels like shit.

TB/Troll make up the bottom 3 with him IMO.

3000 hours and I have played everyone. (maybe less since I spectate/"coach" often)
I completed the all hero challenge once and now just random errday,
Heroes I have most trouble with are Naga, SF, Leshrac, IO, Storm Spirit and probably other mid heroes I forgot.

I enjoy playing WD, Disruptor, Jakiro, Omniknight, CM, Ogremagi, Lion and Spectre.
Supporting is fun. I'm always finding new ways to improve my positioning and impact on the map. I think I need to improve on stacking creeps too since it's hard to cram it with other supporting tasks.

Edit: I tuned in to TheFluffiestBunny you guys mentioned. Wtf did I just watched????? She was dancing to animu music with cat-like steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom