• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
2100 hours, 700 games, get on my level:

1M7bb2q.png

I'd like to try night stalker, tiny and bloodseeker sometime, and maybe some of the relaxing farming heroes like spectre, naga and alchemist. Don't have much interest in the other heroes here though, aside from knocking them off my all hero challenge.

TUSR

Banned
2100 hours, 700 games, get on my level:

1M7bb2q.png

I'd like to try night stalker, tiny and bloodseeker sometime, and maybe some of the relaxing farming heroes like spectre, naga and alchemist. Don't have much interest in the other heroes here though, aside from knocking them off my all hero challenge.

no ta

no qop

I play almost exclusively All Random/Random Draft/Single Draft but there's still like 8 heroes I haven't touched in matches (I've played ever hero once in bot games) even after almost 1000 games

There's just that many heroes in the game. I feel like I need to psyche myself up to be like "this is the game where I learn invoker/chen/lone druid" so I just get lazy and reroll them if they come up.

EDIT: Wow according to dotabuff I haven't played a match in over 3 months. I guess 6.83 was literally cancer even though I didn't consciously quit

mooncakes

I dont understand player logic sometimes.

I just had a game where a naga farm radiance at around 20 but when there is a team fight at base. He doesn't do anything and keeps farming. Proceed to buy midas and keeps farming..Enemy pushes base and still farms.

Some games are really unwinnable.

Hylian7

Just played a game as Spectre and tried a build other than "Get a Radiance ASAP"

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1522440571

Honestly, Spectre has always been a strange hero. Seemingly a very abstract concept in general of how the hero is played. I mean, when I first looked at the hero when I started playing, I was like "This hero's ult seems kind of cool, but otherwise seems kind of useless early game." Now granted I understood how the hero was considered a carry, but actually using the hero effectively is a whole different beast. I'm starting to understand it a bit better now.

If I had to come up with a name of the type of carry Spectre is, I would call her an "Existence Carry", as the idea is to carry basically by existing. Early game is usually pretty rough unless you are somehow snowballing, however once again, the idea here is to build stuff here to SURVIVE. I always crapped on Vanguard as an item in general (especially before Crimson Guard was a thing), but honestly, I underrated it on Spectre. It effectively can be a farming item as basically it allows her to either survive what's coming at her, or tank jungle camps. Yeah, it doesn't offer much in the way of aggression, but that's not what Spectre does.

One thing that is straightforward about the hero is that pretty much her entire strategy is to just farm farm farm, and Haunt in on teamfights. The items you want are either tankiness or stuff that benefits Illusions (Diffusla, Butterfly, etc.).

Honestly this hero has always been an abstract thing to me, and I understand her a lot better now, although there are still some aspects that are a bit weird.

One thing that still puzzles me: When do you actually decide it's worth buying Radiance on her, and when do you buy it if so? Do you get it just immediately? (Brown Boots into Radiance) or get maybe Vanguard first?

Hero's a little weird, but I have a newfound reSPECT for her.

Acinixys

One thing that still puzzles me: When do you actually decide it's worth buying Radiance on her, and when do you buy it if so? Do you get it just immediately? (Brown Boots into Radiance) or get maybe Vanguard first?

Spectre is the one hero where it doesnt matter

You can even go boots - urn - vanguard - manta/heart - radi if you want

She has such insane team fight presence that you should never not get it

Pretty sure you always want Radiance on her, she's one of the heroes on which it's always good. I really don't like seeing mid-game items like Blademail/Vanguard/etc on her though, it just either delays her radiance or your end game items. Manta is also super good on her for obvious reasons.

Hylian7

Pretty sure you always want Radiance on her, she's one of the heroes on which it's always good. I really don't like seeing mid-game items like Blademail/Vanguard/etc on her though, it just either delays her radiance or your end game items. Manta is also super good on her for obvious reasons.

vanguard into radiance tbh then buy whatever

In that game, people were saying "It's too late, just get diffusal", so I did. I always feel uncomfortable about buying Radiance even if it ends up past 30 minutes. I also made a decision for the blademail mainly for the Huskar, as Pure damage would absolutely fuck him. I wouldn't buy blademail most games on her but I think that one warranted it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I just don't like Spectre as a hero at all anymore.

And I would be very leery at a 30 minute Radiance.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
solo q ranked makes me nervous
for no reason at all
but it does

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
its just a game

remember that

its literally only the hero select that does it to me, even though I exclusively random in ranked.
once I'm in game, I'm the chillest cat on the block

TUSR

Banned
3:40 TUSR: <message deleted>
3:40 TUSR has been timed out.
3:40 You are banned from talking in normalfish for 591 more seconds.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Doesn't really ever work out like that except in the late game where you have 3000 HP as Spectre.

Hylian7

Doesn't really ever work out like that except in the late game where you have 3000 HP as Spectre.

In general yes, however you have to consider early game skirmishes. If you have more HP, you have longer to get to the point where you have to go "Okay time to go or I'm dead". This means more Desolate procs potentially, more Dispersion damage (although it won't be too much early on), and more. Plus if you have to go off and farm jungle, you can and not have to sacrifice your health because of it. Plus if you haunt into early teamfights, it takes longer for your opponents to just kill your illusions, giving you either more time to jump in on them, or have the illusions deal more damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom