• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's okay guys, you'll be able to pay $20 for the engine overhaul mod that adds all these AOs and hi-res textures and whatnot you want in your Fallouts.

FUCK VALVE THEY'RE SO GREEDY

PC GAMING IS DEAD BECAUSE OF THEM

#NOTALLCONSOLES

ayy fucking lmao

This looks fucking awesome. People complaining about graphics because it's not full of bs effects like muh chromatic abuhrration should seriously look at fucking skyrim and see how this looks like almost 2 generations better.

The crossgen rumour was ridiculous and total bullocks btw, I can't believe anyone fell for it.
Is this dude for real. Comparing a 2015 (2016 ?) game to skyrim, what in the world

Deadstar

Fallout 4 doesn't look as good as The Witcher 3 or The Order or whatever, but it's really frustrating when people throw around words like "hideous."

As time goes on graphics get better and better. When you have a game coming out that clearly looks much worse than games that are already out now it's a huge bummer. The game looks like a 360 game to me. I'm sure I'll still play it but the dog was hideous with that flat fur texture.

Kade

Stylized 2011 graphics look better than ugly ass pseudo-realistic 201X game. Hell, Team Fortress 2 still looks great. Bethesda's art and anim have been DeVry tier since day 1.

TUSR

Banned
everyone is telling me to install mods and play different games

pc gaming is too complex, im going to return the parts i just ordered and stick to dota 2 on my mac

kionedrik

do i need to play 2?

is it the pinnacle of the series or something

The 2 originals are much better than 3 and NV. They are classic RPG goodness. F3 is the typical bethesda first person lite-rpg trash that they've been putting out for years (since oblivion). NV improved a lot over 3 and unlike F3 it is a real RPG.

IMHO 2 is better than 1. The game itself is more or less the same but the story is better and the combat was greatly improved.

everyone is telling me to install mods and play different games

pc gaming is too complex, im going to return the parts i just ordered and stick to dota 2 on my mac

I've only played NV, without any mods as well. Just play that and it's fine, that game is great just the way it is. I feel like modding is something you should consider after a first playthrough, at least IMO. Best thing about NV is that you can play it in a lot of different ways so it has shitloads of replay value, and that's coming from someone that almost never replays games no matter what.

I didn't know Obsidian made NV and Bethesda made F3, fuck F4 then.

yeah fallout 1 and 2 have a bunch of jank and haven't aged the best mechanics-wise (I think they still look great visually, though. The death animations are way better than anything in Fallout 3 and probably 4), but the storytelling and world-building are fantastic.

I've only played NV, without any mods as well. Just play that and it's fine, that game is great just the way it is. I feel like modding is something you should consider after a first playthrough, at least IMO.

I didn't know Obsidian made NV and Bethesda made F3, fuck F4 then.

Best part is that Zenimax rushed the shit out of that game and didn't give it proper QA, which means it got reviewed really poorly when it came out. Obsidian's contract specified royalties only if the game hit a certain metacritic score, which means there were a bunch of layoffs and a canceled game as a result of Zenimax's shitty business practices. Fuck Zenimax and fuck Bethesda

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
After Oblivion and Skyrim you want a 6?

Franchise is dead since Morrowind as far as i'm concerned.

I loved oblivion, but absolutely hated skyrim, and I have never played morrowind (so can't speak on that). I don't know if it's just nostalgia or what, but aside from the wonky combat, oblivion quests were all super fun and interesting, and the world felt awesome to just run around in and discover. Skyrim quests were all just so bland (except for 1 or 2), and the world was... snow, snow... more snow.. some ice..ope there's the 25th dragon I've one shot. ugh

Acinixys

hey woah hey now

I'm 2.2/2.3k and my games are marked as normal bracket (except when I get thrown into the wonderful world of high/very high skill with certain GAFers).

Apologies

Must be 1800 or less then

Maybe someone with a MMR around that range can tell us

Wouldnt surprise me if its even lower

Im 3.5K and even I get matching into no bracket matches sometime

It could also be that the people you are playing with dont use Dotabuff or haven't played ranked

bbd23

Yeah Fallout 4 looks pretty bad, even the animations are suspect.

ill wait for the bethesda conference though, they need to fix that gameplay...I dont want to wait for modders to fix their game again.
cBj1LTf.png

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yeah rofl, I watched the trailer and liked the artstyle and initial environments... then that fucking zoom in on the character model and the dog ewww that's just fucking awful. It's hilarious how bethesday always releases with garbage textures and awful character models, then the community just fixes their game within a couple weeks with a better bodies and high res textures mod. I swear to god if they start charging $$$ for the mods that fix their goddam games because of this steam mode garbage imma be fucking pissed.

TUSR

Banned
The 2 originals are much better than 3 and NV. They are classic RPG goodness. F3 is the typical bethesda first person lite-rpg trash that they've been putting out for years (since oblivion). NV improved a lot over 3 and unlike F3 it is a real RPG.

IMHO 2 is better than 1. The game itself is more or less the same but the story is better and the combat was greatly improved.

ill have to give 2 and NV a try and see how i like them. im assuming there is a shit load of mods for F2 that make it look more modern.

I am a huge Mac fan but PC gaming is the beeeeeesssssstttt

don't do it

ive picked the parts and started ordering my $1300 dota 2 machine

just play leeg with me and install spiderman amumu and iron man jayce

done

lux or bust

Yeah rofl, I watched the trailer and liked the artstyle and initial environments... then that fucking zoom in on the character model and the dog ewww that's just fucking awful. It's hilarious how bethesday always releases with garbage textures and awful character models, then the community just fixes their game within a couple weeks with a better bodies and high res textures mod. I swear to god if they start charging $$$ for the mods that fix their goddam games because of this steam mode garbage imma be fucking pissed.

have these people never seen a dog walk before, it looks crippled like it has arthritis in its spine

They will
Almost makes you wonder if they don't half ass games and then count on the community to fix their laziness
and they even tax it 50%

Artanisix

Yea that screenshot still looks god awful but at least it's slightly better than 360 quality now.

We could've gotten a post-apocalyptic game that was at least half as good as witcher 3:

goddamn shame. gonna have to wait for cdpr's steampunk game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom