• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
no immortals and no source2. rip blizzard copycat game.
e6bEFet.png

I feel like 6.84c is patch nirvana. It feels like with the adjustments, more heroes and strategies than ever are viable. I mean I feel like I have a fighting chance with hard carries, and even going all in on early game is viable too. The number of heroes that straight up "suck" can be counted on one hand.

Off the top of my head:

Elder Titan
Legion Commander
Huskar (although he eternally remains in the "suck" list)
Terrorblade
Tusk (although he might qualify to not be on this list)
Titan sucks yeah
LC and huskar are super niche imo, but can work in some drafts
TB and tusk need some small buffs and I think they can be relevant

Solar crest is a godsend for huskar, 10 armor 30% evasion for this price is really good for him
You can go something like SC AC heart satanic halberd boots (either BoT or greaves which are huge on him)

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Titan sucks yeah
LC and huskar are super niche imo, but can work in some drafts
TB and tusk need some small buffs and I think they can be relevant

Solar crest is a godsend for huskar, 10 armor 30% evasion for this price is really good for him
You can go something like SC AC heart satanic halberd boots (either BoT or greaves which are huge on him)

Greaves are so good on huskar if the enemy had a break, since greaves purges it.

c9's draft was pretty disgusting. Naga is pretty disgusting, but pair that with a blink bone jak and fata pug and bdn wisp. GG

Tieske

Neo Member
how does titan suck yall are weird

Greaves are so good on huskar if the enemy had a break, since greaves purges it.

c9's draft was pretty disgusting. Naga is pretty disgusting, but pair that with a blink bone jak and fata pug and bdn wisp. GG

Actually, doesn't just ulting remove break since you go magic immune? thought I heard something like that

I guess the downside of Greaves is that you're building Arcane Boots on a hero that doesn't really need them. Mek is debatable but you don't really wanna keep brown boots for ages.

Hylian7

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1523206499

What a fucking game.

Lost bot rax at 20 minutes. I still don't have BKB. Trying to desperately get farm, while we defend base. They can't go uphill against us, they keep wiping trying. They took multiple roshes, STILL couldn't get uphill against us. I get MKB and suddenly my damage goes way up.

Drow tries cheeky blink in and take out the ranged rax when they eventually manage to eek out the melee rax. We are able to take mid rax. Have to back off. Come back for bot later, get mostly wiped. They try to push though, by the time they get there most of us are up, we wipe them, gg.

Edit: I had courier bringing me reaver and Satanic recipe in stash. If the game went any further beyond that, I would have gotten a rapier. Buyback was on CD.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1523206499

What a fucking game.

Lost bot rax at 20 minutes. I still don't have BKB. Trying to desperately get farm, while we defend base. They can't go uphill against us, they keep wiping trying. They took multiple roshes, STILL couldn't get uphill against us. I get MKB and suddenly my damage goes way up.

Drow tries cheeky blink in and take out the ranged rax when they eventually manage to eek out the melee rax. We are able to take mid rax. Have to back off. Come back for bot later, get mostly wiped. They try to push though, by the time they get there most of us are up, we wipe them, gg.

Edit: I had courier bringing me reaver and Satanic recipe in stash. If the game went any further beyond that, I would have gotten a rapier. Buyback was on CD.

octarine aghs on NS but no gem, what's the fucking point lol
Centaur is pisspoor too, all you had to do was kill drow and they could only run away, they had no actual damage besides. Hard kill though with dazzle chen mek and aghs on chen

Hylian7

octarine aghs on NS but no gem, what's the fucking point lol
Centaur is pisspoor too, all you had to do was kill drow and they could only run away, they had no actual damage besides. Hard kill though with dazzle chen mek and aghs on chen

That's the second time I've seen Octarine on NS and I've always wondered about it, is it really worth it just for the Darkness cooldown? I feel like that really isn't worth the cost.

Yeah, basically Drow became their damage. NS rekt us early on making space for Drow, then they tried to get uphill and they couldn't. I was behind when they took bot rax, but then I was able to catch up when they tried for more rax. Like I said, Drow got to the point where she tried to Blink BKB uphill to finish ranged rax and she just instantly died.

If your NS isn't core (ie #3 or 4) octarine is definitely worth it, that's perma night (10s downtime is a joke). 675 vision is extremely handicapping and gives all the time to setup a fight to NS' team. Also free dewarding all the time (if he had a gem.. <_<)
The issue with octarine is getting it I guess, the 2700 gold for mystic staff is annoying to farm but if you're ahead it's no problem

Radec

Empire wtf are you doing.

If Newbee wins this then Empire is eliminated. Else, a tie-breaker for the 4th position ?

fuckin plebs at the office watching roland garros
real men watch marsTV dota league
Emoticon_cool.gif

sheeet VG picking al the chemist against C9
they have 4 heroes with aghs, although they're not the best aghs ever

Trickster

Ugh, need to get radiance before 30 min.

I pick spectre. Get to lane against an offlane viper/crystal maiden = last hitting = imposible....

Next game, we're doing good but the entire enemy team leave before 15 min ...

DrPizza

Banned
how does titan suck yall are weird

Actually, doesn't just ulting remove break since you go magic immune? thought I heard something like that

Ulting removes debuffs, including, I believe, break. You're basically BKBed for 1 second when you leap.

This has nothing to do with Dota, I'm just posting here because it's a safe space.

Gamers are entitled children and will never be satisfied.

mayatomr_fume.gif
dac15_upset.gif
rage.gif
devil.gif
dac15_angry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom