• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvtn

weYls4i.png

kvk1

And most of that is so low mmr it doesn't even have it's own bracket!

I don't think that's how it works.

No indication of skill bracket in match results is due to not enough information being available in parsing to ascertain the average MMR.

Was listening to P1P this week and there was an interesting discussion about games becoming habitual. And it's at that point where some people should draw the line. I think the compendium has had a negative effect on me. I'm just playing for these stupid challenges to get coins. Don't get me wrong it's a nice idea, I just got a sweet Bounty Hunter set I've wanted for ages. But it isn't adding to the fun, and it could be taking away from the game to me.

Pratfall

Was listening to P1P this week and there was an interesting discussion about games becoming habitual. And it's at that point where some people should draw the line. I think the compendium has had a negative effect on me. I'm just playing for these stupid challenges to get coins. Don't get me wrong it's a nice idea, I just got a sweet Bounty Hunter set I've wanted for ages. But it isn't adding to the fun, and it could be taking away from the game to me.

so is your problem with your own behavior or with valves implementation of the compendium?

I agree, but all of those games were played as support, so I don't really think it was that game changing. Excluding Mirana and Slark ones.

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/28649033

I will be interested to see what people tell you as far as improving, because I feel like we are probably in a very similar skill bracket. I have a solid understanding of the game's mechanics and systems, but I still have trouble with positioning and decision-making, leading me to feed too much.

Still sucks to have a loss streak like that, though. That last Mirana game must have felt really bad to lose considering how much farm you had. :(

Acinixys

I agree, but all of those games were played as support, so I don't really think it was that game changing. Excluding Mirana and Slark ones.
[http://www.dotabuff.com/players/28649033

You seem to be doing ok as farming on carries goes. But Mirana unfortunately cant solo carry 4 idiots.

Maybe try heroes like Silencer or Necro. They only need a little farm to start doing serious damage.

Im sure you could get to the point where you can solo carry your team off the back of a great start. Maybe even watch a replay of a game you think you could have won to see where you went wrong.

fallout 4 looks hideous ugh

I 110% agree

Its got that disgusting layer of shit and brown on it that only the Gamebryo engine can achieve

Im sure it will be fun but hot damn after playing The Witcher 3 does this game look like a stinky brown turd. Then again I hate Fallout as a series so I probably shouldn't comment

mvtn

I will be interested to see what people tell you as far as improving, because I feel like we are probably in a very similar skill bracket. I have a solid understanding of the game's mechanics and systems, but I still have trouble with positioning and decision-making, leading me to feed too much.

Still sucks to have a loss streak like that, though. That last Mirana game must have felt really bad to lose considering how much farm you had. :(

Yeah. Since I enjoy playing support it's often really hard to communicate and actually be a initiator when people don't even speak English. Positioning wasn't my big factor, but lately I was playing utterly bad and got caught every time.

I always thought that feeding as support isn't that big of a deal, but it really does, especially if you're playing important ones.

Mirana game was painful, had to play mid which I never do against Weaver, won that easily and hit clutch arrows (I don't want to showoff, but some of them were really good). But once upon a time, there was a PL that had free farm...

If there isn't a proper Fallout game made by Obsidian with the same tech (like last gen) there's no reason to bother. Bethesda games are booty

Also, is there actually a dotabuff skill bracket below normal skill? My first couple of dozen games just don't include bracket information

Acinixys

If there isn't a proper Fallout game made by Obsidian with the same tech (like last gen) there's no reason to bother. Bethesda games are booty

Also, is there actually a dotabuff skill bracket below normal skill? My first couple of dozen games just don't include bracket information

No

Its only Normal - High - Very High

Anything below 2400? MMR isnt counted as a bracket

Haunted

fallout 4 looks hideous ugh
The one time I enjoy the community ghetto is when people are allowed to be honest instead of having to tiptoe around their every word in heavily watched threads.

Fallout 4 looks poopy for a current-gen only game that's supposed to come out 2016. Open world or not. The "Bethesda games always look like shit" is a historical observation but shouldn't serve as an excuse, especially when we're talking about a game that's this high profile.

Anything below 2400? MMR isnt counted as a bracket
hey woah hey now

I'm 2.2/2.3k and my games are marked as normal bracket (except when I get thrown into the wonderful world of high/very high skill with certain GAFers).

Honestly think Fallout 4 looks fine, then again I never really gave a shit about how games look unless they're pure garbage. Have to see some gameplay before I'm convinced though, these kinds of trailers never do anything for me.

Fallout 4 doesn't look as good as The Witcher 3 or The Order or whatever, but it's really frustrating when people throw around words like "hideous."

the dog running is pretty bad
I only got a quick look on my phone since I'm not home so I'll need to watch it again, that kind of stuff does bother me though.

It'll also probably be full of glitches and bullshit day 1, I'll just give it the Batman treatment and wait for an extremely cheap GOTY version like I did for New Vegas and the other Arkham games.

Kade

After Skyrim and Fallout 3, I have no faith in Bethesda do create a well designed and written story and world. No J.E. Sawyer or Chris Avellone, no buy.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Fallout 4 doesn't look as good as The Witcher 3 or The Order or whatever, but it's really frustrating when people throw around words like "hideous."
Yeah, Fallout 3 and New Vegas weren't exactly lookers either but it does seem pretty rough looking in some areas.

Artanisix

Sorry jrh2 but it is legit hideous, low res textures, horrible character models, stiff animations, no AO whatsoever... Crysis 3 looks better than Fallout 4.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think it looks fine, but then again I don't play games running ultramax settings with my SLI Titans on a 4k IPS panel so what do I know.

Artanisix

Basically none of the items in any of the screenshots cast any of their own shade whatsoever. They're "immune" to the lighting engine.

AO is soft shadowing

the dog running is pretty bad

who cares, it'll just glitch out its animation and slide towards you after clipping on some terrain and then you punch it awkwardly in first person and then it'll bounce off a tearing piece of geometry and then shoot into space and then +1 to unarmed combat will pop up on your screen GOTY 2016

fuck bethesda

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's okay guys, you'll be able to pay $20 for the engine overhaul mod that adds all these AOs and hi-res textures and whatnot you want in your Fallouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom