• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPizza

Banned
dotanimals6.jpg

Windrunner confirmed best Dota 2 waifu.

Artanisix

"This doesn't seem nearly as bad as the slowking card. Don't most TCGs have a card similar to this? seems pretty standard but I don't play these games."

"For those you who dont play the TCG and dont understand why this card is banned this is probably the simplest way i can explain it.

In any TCG, drawing as many cards as possible is good. More drawing -> more cards -> more combos -> better chances at winning, its that simple. In other TCGs the cost for this stuff is usually something unrelated to the drawing itself. Usually a resource that drawing cant help or hurt directly. So the idea is to build that resource up then draw a lot.
This is not the case in the Pokemon TCG. Most. if not all, major draw cards have no resource attached to them except discarding. So you draw and then discard then draw some more. There have been matches were ppl can draw up to 20-30 cards easy because as long as you have cards in your hand, you can discard them and draw more.
Its why alot of decks today run so little energy or so few pokemon. They can just keep drawing and discarding til they get the card they want. You dont need to run 4 Groudon if you can draw 50% of your deck to get 1 of the 2 you run.

So where does Lysandre's Trump Card come in? It allows you to put all those cards you just discarded, BACK INTO YOUR DECK. Meaning the one cost, that most drawing cards have, is gone. and like I said, you can easily draw til you get the cards you want so you can easily get Lysdandre into your hand. Also after you use it, you can easily use VS Seeker and get it back and use it again and again and again.
Basically, it becomes this huge boring unbreakable chain of...

Draw -> discard -> draw more -> discard more -> get the card you want -> draw more -> discard more -> get LTC -> use it -> draw more -> discard more -> get LTC back AGAIN... and now you are prepared for the next turn to do it all over again.

Basically, thank god this card got banned."

from reddit

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Thank god, I thought for a second you were some kind of closet Pokemon TCG omeganerd.

Hylian7

"This doesn't seem nearly as bad as the slowking card. Don't most TCGs have a card similar to this? seems pretty standard but I don't play these games."

"For those you who dont play the TCG and dont understand why this card is banned this is probably the simplest way i can explain it.

In any TCG, drawing as many cards as possible is good. More drawing -> more cards -> more combos -> better chances at winning, its that simple. In other TCGs the cost for this stuff is usually something unrelated to the drawing itself. Usually a resource that drawing cant help or hurt directly. So the idea is to build that resource up then draw a lot.
This is not the case in the Pokemon TCG. Most. if not all, major draw cards have no resource attached to them except discarding. So you draw and then discard then draw some more. There have been matches were ppl can draw up to 20-30 cards easy because as long as you have cards in your hand, you can discard them and draw more.
Its why alot of decks today run so little energy or so few pokemon. They can just keep drawing and discarding til they get the card they want. You dont need to run 4 Groudon if you can draw 50% of your deck to get 1 of the 2 you run.

So where does Lysandre's Trump Card come in? It allows you to put all those cards you just discarded, BACK INTO YOUR DECK. Meaning the one cost, that most drawing cards have, is gone. and like I said, you can easily draw til you get the cards you want so you can easily get Lysdandre into your hand. Also after you use it, you can easily use VS Seeker and get it back and use it again and again and again.
Basically, it becomes this huge boring unbreakable chain of...

Draw -> discard -> draw more -> discard more -> get the card you want -> draw more -> discard more -> get LTC -> use it -> draw more -> discard more -> get LTC back AGAIN... and now you are prepared for the next turn to do it all over again.

Basically, thank god this card got banned."

from reddit

Another thing to mention is that (assuming it still has this rule) the Pokemon TCG has the rule of where if you have to draw a card and you have no cards left in your deck, you lose.

After the fallout 3 talk and now pokemon TCG talk, the thread is slowly redeeming itself by talking about progressively less awful games.

tomorrow it's big rigs racing and by next week we might get to DMC2

inkls

What if there was a hero that could turn into a tower or something

Theres a couple unreleased heroes in dota 1 that are in the files, but never released and there's an artillery type hero that has an ability to turn into a siege unit. So something like that.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Guys help. I have been sick and unable to play Doto for 2 weeks I am dying. I need Life is Strange episode 4 but it won't come. I tried playing a Dark Souls game for the first time and it plays like shit and made me want to kill myself. I don't know what to do.

Help.

cry.gif

bounchfx

i know its a bot match but holy shit i was tearing shit up as invoker. it almost feels like im playing fucking guitar hero/stepmania on the keyboard. Is this dota 3?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
i know its a bot match but holy shit i was tearing shit up as invoker. it almost feels like im playing fucking guitar hero/stepmania on the keyboard. Is this dota 3?
Fun hero. Guinsoo had the right idea he just couldn't balance worth a damn.

bounchfx

Fun hero. Guinsoo had the right idea he just couldn't balance worth a damn.

yeah, I was always way too intimidated, but it seems like if you know what he has and trend towards a playstyle its manageable, and then the more you learn the more you're capable of. I was doing way more than I expected. I know it's a bot game, but still. Fuckin cold snap, tornados, going invis and coming back with spirits and shit. It's awesome. Right now I think I use Alacrity, Ice Wall, Meatball, and EMP the least. I'll figure out how to merge them in more later. Not sure if I like QW or QE invoker better yet. QE does INSANE damage but QW seems to be better for ganking?

are there any wex-heavy builds?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
formal announcement: procarbine and freakinchair got completely and utterly obliterated in heroes of the storm

Q1TsM62.gif

thanks for listening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom