• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're probably going to surpass TI4's prize pool in the next few hours.

dota-ti-4-prize-pool.jpg

kc76AzI.png

t0rment

was gonna buy a lot of chests today, but got matched with people that only had half of their brains. so no money for you valve.
bts_lina.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The internet at my hotel is so bad, I think my cellphone gets faster speeds ;-;

Well, tomorrow I'm apartment hunting.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
thats not how probability works
you can still buy 250 and not get him if you are unlucky enough

I did the math, you actually have a 37% chance of not getting the courier after 250 chests.

Really, I would wait to see how much they are on the market next week. It is most likely cheaper to just buy it, especially since you can't resell the sets.

h: dk tusk w: necro vs
sorry

Turned my extra sets into levels, got my first very rare drop from the immortal chests after opening like 60 of them between 1 & 2, got an extra golden moonfall for trade if anyone still wants this thing

dude! wait! no! u could have traded with me before trashing the sets aaa
aaaah.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
So I was kind of pissed off about these new chests instead of Immortal III and with stupid drop rates on the courier but bought five of them anyway. Ended up getting 3x 11 Compendium Level drops. That's cheaper than buying points and five sets to boot so I'm happy now.

I hate being stuck in games you know you are going to lose just because the other team won't push and wants to chase kills

So I was kind of pissed off about these new chests instead of Immortal III and with stupid drop rates on the courier but bought five of them anyway. Ended up getting 3x 11 Compendium Level drops. That's cheaper than buying points and five sets to boot so I'm happy now.

I got really lucky with rare drops in the Immortal chests but I opened 17 Caches and didn't get any points or the Faceless Rex

ZeroX03

Banned
Just bought the remaining six sets and got another 3x 11 Compendium Levels. Luck is smiling on me today.

I got really lucky with rare drops in the Immortal chests but I opened 17 Caches and didn't get any points or the Faceless Rex

I'd never gotten any bonus drops from a chest until Immortal I (2x NS sets) and todays huge haul of Compendium Levels. I don't expect to ever get a Faceless Rex, although it would have been really nice.

What do we do with our extra Immortal Treasures? I've got all the I and II sets - minus the bonus rewards - and a few extra unopened ones.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Valve needs to pick a direction to go with Dota's economy. Either make all their items trade and marketable again and keep all these bullshit rarity walls in place, or make them non-trade/marketable and get rid of the rarity walls and replace it with a paywall. Charge $30 for an unusual Rex that's not tradable if you want so that people that want it can feasily get it without all this bullshit RNG, but don't make people that want the courier throw potentially hundreds of dollars at a rarity wall that they can't even recoup by offloading the trash drops.

Obviously they're doing something right because a lot of you still seem willing to play ball with these exploitative methods, but I'm so over it.

DrPizza

Banned
Valve needs to pick a direction to go with Dota's economy. Either make all their items trade and marketable again and keep all these bullshit rarity walls in place, or make them non-trade/marketable and get rid of the rarity walls and replace it with a paywall. Charge $30 for an unusual Rex that's not tradable if you want so that people that want it can feasily get it without all this bullshit RNG, but don't make people that want the courier throw potentially hundreds of dollars at a rarity wall that they can't even recoup by offloading the trash drops.

Obviously they're doing something right because a lot of you still seem willing to play ball with these exploitative methods, but I'm so over it.

That's what really perplexes me. I'd probably drop $10-20 on the Faceless Void courier, if given the option. I'd also buy a full set of the chests, because enough of the sets looked good as to justify it.

But now I'm kind of bummed out. If buying more chests at least gave me sellable items then that'd be one thing, but buying sets until I get a Rex just leaves me with a bunch of duplicate bundles that I can't even sell. Who is this really working for?

I guess it's working though: desert terrain unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom