• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Low Tier
h o l y s h i t

hylian just got owned.

88EGmCc.gif

I'm just saying he felt kind of useless compared to what he used to be. Obviously I haven't played the hero much, but I have an idea of what the hero does just by seeing other people play it, and it just doesn't seem that strong to me. You have a point though.

Pls dont buy dagon on him. Thats like getting dagon on TB.

Get mek/greaves, force staff, euls, atos glimmer clock and keep your carry alive with false promise

Also always max E first then Q, i usually go 1-1-2 by lvl4 and use w (I like to level it first) to disarm the enemy carry from last hitting and amplifying my own right clicks on him

Just my 2cents.

Having a game of dota where no one talks at all is so freaky. No rage, banter, well played, etc. Nothing at all until the end where a couple gg's were said.

Hylian7

Pls dont buy dagon on him. Thats like getting dagon on TB.

Get mek/greaves, force staff, euls, atos glimmer clock and keep your carry alive with false promise

Also always max E first then Q, i usually go 1-1-2 by lvl4 and use w (I like to level it first) to disarm the enemy carry from last hitting and amplifying my own right clicks on him

Just my 2cents.

I bought that Dagon in the fountain at the end when we were getting fountain dived to try to get a snarky kill on a diver.

I wasn't too sure on Skillbuild, I maxed Q but that might actually be better.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Having a game of dota where no one talks at all is so freaky. No rage, banter, well played, etc. Nothing at all until the end where a couple gg's were said.

whenever that happens I always suspect I'm playing solo with a 4 stack.

Very strange night of games.

Shadow Shaman is fun to play with though. It had been awhile but I recently started plaing him more. Hex and shackle controls team fights and syncs with a lot of spells, especially pugna and life drain. Also wards fit in with the deathball movement.

ViviOggi

What are the chances of Valve having set up treasure II so they just need to flick a switch and we get it on the weekend?
4mC962j.gif

Also tfw still no new emoticons on chromium extension
cBj1LTf.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oracle is better in some ways, but he's also in the same boat as Wisp. If you're not building your team around him, with an uber pro at the helm, don't even fucking bother.

Wok

The prizpeool is going slightly faster than I initially thought.. Today is immortal II day.

• The Watcher Below Ward $6,500,000 Friday 8th morning Thursday 7th
  • Immortal Treasure II $7,000,000 Sunday 10th Saturday 9th
  • Dota 2 Short Film Contest $8,000,000 Tuesday 12th
  • Wyvern Hatchling Courier $9,000,000 Friday 15th
  • Immortal Treasure III $10,000,000 Monday 25th morning

Edit: Desert terrain in early June (not later than Sunday 7th). Music Pack, in June or July...

Acinixys

Yeah I've thought the same since the patch. I've been able to take a Tier 1 & 2 tower in one push before 12 minutes in two separate games. I've also been against it way more than I've used it. Makes the games really quick and cuts out the fun.

Pick Shadow Shaman

Go mid

Max Shock and stats because disables are for pussies

Get level 6

Get mid tower at 7 minutes

Get other towers before 15 minutes

Rax at 20 minutes
ashot_clock.gif

Hylian7

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1459292784

What the fuck even happened here.

Replay isn't available yet, but there's one teamfight I want to watch where I had Aegis, and my aim was to dive and get Silencer or Enigma. The rest of my team died, I rezzed with Aegis, and couldn't even zip out because I got permabashed. Other than that I'm absolutely baffled here. Did I need different items? What the fuck happened?

The only other thing was I kept forgetting to use my sheep for some reason, but I think the game was lost by the time I got it anyway.

Looking at the graphs I think one teamfight changed the entire game, I told my team to fight at base mid, and then people getting picked off one by one at base mid. That seems to have singlehandedly lost us the game. -25 MMR Fuck this game.

sfedai0

Banned
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1459292784

What the fuck even happened here.

Replay isn't available yet, but there's one teamfight I want to watch where I had Aegis, and my aim was to dive and get Silencer or Enigma. The rest of my team died, I rezzed with Aegis, and couldn't even zip out because I got permabashed. Other than that I'm absolutely baffled here. Did I need different items? What the fuck happened?

The only other thing was I kept forgetting to use my sheep for some reason, but I think the game was lost by the time I got it anyway.

Looking at the graphs I think one teamfight changed the entire game, I told my team to fight at base mid, and then people getting picked off one by one at base mid. That seems to have singlehandedly lost us the game. -25 MMR Fuck this game.

Well, other than the fact that they have a Void, Axe, and Silencer?

Hylian7

Yeah

10 carries vs 4 supports on your front page

Support more!

Then again Dagon 5 Aghs Refresher Furion doesnt seem very helpful

To be fair ever since the SB game I've randomed, with the exception of the Storm and Tinker games tonight.

Yeah, I'm curious, what's the general consensus on new Aghs Furion? Is it any good or still as worthless as it always was since it still presents the same problem: Just keeps the lanes pushed out and steals farm.

Kalnos

Banned
Too late to watch but...

That's a pretty rough lineup to pick storm into, they literally have 3 long disables that fuck you (BH, Call, Chrono) and BKB won't help you there even though you had to build it because of global silence.

Your team (BH, SS, Prophet) was never going to win a straight up 5v5 teamfight against that team, had to split push and get individual pickoffs I think.

Hylian7

Too late to watch but...

That's a pretty rough lineup to pick storm into, they literally have 3 long disables that fuck you (BH, Call, Chrono) and BKB won't help you there even though you had to build it because of global silence.

Your team (BH, SS, Prophet) was never going to win a straight up 5v5 teamfight against that team, had to split push and get individual pickoffs I think.

Yeah, and that was working with us for a while. I could deal with a Void and Axe, as I have dealt with them as Storm before just fine. The Silencer was the last pick unfortunately just to counterpick me (I was last pick on our team).

Hylian7

Also trying to do the 1000 damage in one second challenge has sucked for me tonight. The only times I actually got the challenge were in the Tinker games, and lost those. I thought I might get in when I played support Skywrath (and was overflowing with the cash to have Atos, EBlade and GGBoots), but nope, not fast enough.

To be fair ever since the SB game I've randomed, with the exception of the Storm and Tinker games tonight.

Yeah, I'm curious, what's the general consensus on new Aghs Furion? Is it any good or still as worthless as it always was since it still presents the same problem: Just keeps the lanes pushed out and steals farm.
Bulldog says aghs sucks so I'm going to say it sucks. You feed your treants to the opponents and it doesn't help you push that much. Also you are never getting Mega treants unless you're up against illusions. Furion can get way more useful items.

BHK3

Banned
Bulldog says aghs sucks so I'm going to say it sucks. You feed your treants to the opponents and it doesn't help you push that much. Also you are never getting Mega treants unless you're up against illusions. Furion can get way more useful items.

They fixed the illusion part.

ViviOggi

What's the Aghs treants' default behavior, do they stand around or auto-attack the unit they spawned from? Also are they added to your treant control group because that would be annoying as hell

They fixed the illusion part.
Well then it's not even situationally good.

What's the Aghs treants' default behavior, do they stand around or auto-attack the unit they spawned from? Also are they added to your treant control group because that would be annoying as hell
I don't know actually, I've never bought aghs on him. But no matter what, microing all the treants is a pain in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom