• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

TTGL, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, HxH 2011 (I only have mainstream recommendations no super secret moe tips)

Might as well use a nailgun on your own eyeballs for the same effect.
cocky.gif
facepalm.gif

Acinixys

Good change, this will actually lower his winrate a bit. It was really hard to spot when he used ult before this.

You srs?

He goes RAAAAAAAAAAAAHFAFHNAFJWENHQAFH when he ults

You can hear in anywhere on the map same as pudges ult

Dunno how you could miss it

Who are your favourite supports, GAF?

I like Earthshaker and Sand King and Rubick and SWM.

Crystal Maiden and Jakiro

All other supports are trash

anuxi_mirana.gif

Guys what are some good animes

I like Space Dandy and Gundam (original)

And Naruto ofc best manga

Attack on Titan has some incredible fucking hype action scenes. Great visuals and music too. I didn't care much for the characters but every 20 minute episode had at least one sick action moment so I was hooked for the full show.

ibhWcOnE87IVIo.gif

Who are your favourite supports, GAF?

I like Earthshaker and Sand King and Rubick and SWM.

Earthshaker: there's nothing quite like landing a big echo slam. However, I feel that if I don't get a good early game it's really hard to claw my way back to relevance, and that makes him a very stressful (if rewarding) hero to play. As such, I'm often too scared to pick him especially when stacking with better players than me. Great voice, sound effects and model too.

Sand King: similar to Earthshaker, but can at least catch up relatively easily by jungling. When I'm on fire with Sand King I feel like a goddamn ninja; using burrowstrike for mobility or using sandstorm for a split second to let blink come off cd, zipping around everywhere with minimal tools. I imagine puck feels similar.

Disruptor: awesome skillset, and unlike the above two can actually zone the enemy. Glimpsing someone back just after they tp'd makes me grin every time.

Rubick: fun for big plays but I feel I don't have enough oversight in fights yet to properly steal and use enemy spells. Fights are still unreadable to me half the time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No it's about swimming and programming.

Kade

I marathoned this whole series once, too many damn feels.I can't comment on actual quality compared to other stuff but I certainly found it enjoyable.

It has the best theme song of all anime, regardless of country of origin (USA, Korea, France, etc.)

First post in new OT. Major points:

Nice OT, Steve. I like your style.

Man, 6.84 so much better than 6.83

Shugg banned
laugh.gif

PopDotaGAF please stop derailing the PSX thread :(

**Oh, Anime's shit.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So the only way to get compendium points is to potentially get drops from AP games or purchase them?

Wasn't it easier last year?

I want to get good at this game, my Dotabuff is embarrassing. http://www.dotabuff.com/players/6565358

However, I discovered Lina is very powerful. Need tips.
If you can, go mid with her, it's by far her best position. I go phase > Euls > Aghs and after that it depends on the game. I guess you can skip phase but I find that it gives you some nice damage if your combo doesn't finish off a hero. I see you're going mana boots but it's essentially a waste of gold as with bottle + Euls you will never need the mana boots(different story if you're a support).

Glimmer Cape is also a pretty cool item to get now, especially on support Lina imo.

I want to get good at this game, my Dotabuff is embarrassing. http://www.dotabuff.com/players/6565358

However, I discovered Lina is very powerful. Need tips.

Lina is pretty faceroll. Stun -> Nuke, really. Once you get some mana/regen you'll be able to flash farm by keeping 3 stacks on your passive and using 1 or 2 spells to quickly clear waves/jungle camps. In lane (and I don't play mid much at all), you can push/wave clear using your nuke. Try to hit your lane opponent(s) when you do so for that extra efficiency.

Not sure what else, tbh. Don't feel like you have to itemize a certain way. Euls is the only item that I think lina should build in every game, and even then some people don't like it.
~~~~~
By the way, even though Riot always has issues, I wish DotA tournaments were run as professionally and casters were as good as in League. Even when League tournaments do something clowny (like the 4/5 member casts at the Invitational going on right now), the casts are better than 99% of DotA casts.

TUSR

Banned
i spent a while messing around with euls lina, figuring out item purchase order

i wrote the expected mana regen numbers down (somewhere) depending on build/stats

sage's mask gives you almost 1.0 mana regen at level 4 with like 42 int or something.

i spent a while messing around with euls lina, figuring out purchase order if you are set on euls

i wrote the expected mana regen numbers down depending on builds/stats

sage's mask gives you almost 1.0 mana regen at level 4 with like 42 int or something.
What order do you build her early on? I typically go bottle -> boots 1 -> euls in a relatively passive laning phase, or bottle -> phase boots -> euls if it's scrappier. That's probably more modular than my habits would indicate.

TUSR

Banned
What order do you build her early on? I typically go bottle -> boots 1 -> euls in a relatively passive laning phase, or bottle -> phase boots -> euls if it's scrappier. That's probably more modular than my habits would indicate.

im almost always building brown boots into euls now these days, just because of the amount of sustainability she has in lane from base mana regen and bottle. you can push your opponents out of regen then lane.

im almost always building brown boots into euls now these days, just because of the amount of sustainability she has in lane from base mana regen and bottle. you can push your opponents out of regen then lane.

Yeah, I find similarly. I typically go boots 2 in offlane, though. I find rushing euls just isn't as good for playing the map and ganking. Phase also offers a bit more safety in the scary early laning phase.

I do wonder if I'd get wand on her now, though. Especially in offlane that might be good.

Looking at my Lina Dota buffs, is there anything I should be avoiding or try to do better?

Can't see a whole lot, but I think those recent games in which you got linkens, the linkens pickups were a bit questionable. I personally am not a huge fan of the item on anyone with a lot of range (preferring BKB or pure stats for defense), and Lina fits that description. That's not really a Lina-specific issue, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom