• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixghost

BSzmzyU.png

Fuck Dota.

All of these games lost for various reasons, no real single reason all of them were lost. Some me, some teammates, some a combination of both.

I love how it goes from Very High to Normal skill in the last game. Dota is practically begging you to win a game.

Low Tier
you already have enough +damage from necromastery, sny is a much superior item for similar cost. Your sf build is severely lacking in attack speed (which is a very big loss of damage lets be honest im sure you can do the math here)

Your blink game isnt fantastic enough to warrant purchasing it first.

You're buying BoTs way too early, like for gods sake you have upgraded BoTs with an aquila still in your inventory.

Go bottle->treads->aquila->sny->go from there

SnY is still the godtier item of mid-game agi heroes.

Hylian7

you already have enough +damage from necromastery, sny is a much superior item for similar cost. Your sf build is severely lacking in attack speed (which is a very big loss of damage lets be honest im sure you can do the math here)

Your blink game isnt fantastic enough to warrant purchasing it first.

You're buying BoTs way too early, like for gods sake you have upgraded BoTs with an aquila still in your inventory.

Go bottle->treads->aquila->sny->go from there

SnY is still the godtier item of mid-game agi heroes.

The BoTs cases where where the enemy team snowballed out of control and I had to go into rat mode to try to bring us back into the game. It has worked before, and actually came close to working in a couple of those.

What exactly do you mean by the bolded?

TUSR

Banned
The BoTs cases where where the enemy team snowballed out of control and I had to go into rat mode to try to bring us back into the game. It has worked before, and actually came close to working in a couple of those.

What exactly do you mean by the bolded?

still, you dont need bots 2

Low Tier
the refresher was good for the game, but thats beside the point.

The only reason yaphets can get away with blink like that is b/c he was so good at blink raze that he actually had the hero named after him.

sny gives you movement speed, survivability, and lets u scale much better than a blink would. There are circumstances where blink first could be rationalized, but it was none of these games.

Hylian7

the refresher was good for the game, but thats beside the point.

The only reason yaphets can get away with blink like that is b/c he was so good at blink raze that he actually had the hero named after him.

sny gives you movement speed, survivability, and lets u scale much better than a blink would. There are circumstances where blink first could be rationalized, but it was none of these games.

How are you supposed to get in position for an ideal ult then? I have a hard time seeing the movement speed from SnY being enough for that.

Low Tier
ok honestly its my birthday today and im going to bed cuz i gotta get up early to visit family so I'll make it short.

The true strength of Requiem is that no one that gets hit by it can fight for 5 seconds because of that debuff. The damage output of the ultimate is fantastic too, but with meta changes its no longer about blink eulsing heroes for a one shot like it used to be.

I mean really I think im a better authority on SF here and thats not even tooting my own horn I've been tryharding on that hero cuz I think he's ownage right now.

Just take my advice you'll end up being better off trust me.

Hylian7

ok honestly its my birthday today and im going to bed cuz i gotta get up early to visit family so I'll make it short.

The true strength of Requiem is that no one that gets hit by it can fight for 5 seconds because of that debuff. The damage output of the ultimate is fantastic too, but with meta changes its no longer about blink eulsing heroes for a one shot like it used to be.

I mean really I think im a better authority on SF here and thats not even tooting my own horn I've been tryharding on that hero cuz I think he's ownage right now.

Just take my advice you'll end up being better off trust me.

I see, that makes more sense.

Artanisix

I think you should really give the hero another shot.

Physical damage is really the only way to kill him most games, but that hardly counters him, especially when you itemize him correctly. You're looking at upwards of 25+ armor around 20-25 minutes. Heroes like PA can hardly touch you. And he can pretty easily fight against 3 or 4 heroes without fear.

If you're safe lane, you're almost guaranteed to win your lane unless you're trilaned against. He farms very, very quickly once you get armlet. He's not a one-trick pony or a gimmick; the only hero you shouldn't pick him against is AA. Ghost Scepter doesn't really affect Huskar. If you ghost scepter early, you get life broken for half your health. Late, and you're slowed, plus Huskar is in the middle of the fight and can target someone else anyway.

He's a strong, snowballing, tanky carry that fucks up pretty much every popular hero in the meta right now (Leshrac, Gyro, Undying, Storm, etc). Try him out for a few games.

I have remembered how to win with slark. Oddly, Even though it feels like he got major buffs for itemization that patch, I'm more inclined to just build him super late game from the get go with a midas. Seems to be working for me.
He's good at two things: Bullying lanes and solo killing. Ghost Scepter nullifies anything after Life Break. Then you kill him with physical/pure damage. He's always been a pubstomp hero and still is to this day.

Honestly in pubs any hero that's good at "bullying lanes" is probably a pretty safe bet for getting the W as long as you know what you're doing.
By the way Milk, what're your thoughts on Clinkz itemization this patch. With the deso change do you think aquila over medallion is better (particularly in the safelane)? Seems like the minus armor just isn't as good when you get a deso so damn quick anyhow. Additionally, do you build him for picks (orchid) or just go lategame items (daed/mkb/etc.)?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Generally speaking, if teams aren't counterpicking Husk, they'll have a rough time of it. It's easy to think "oh well, they'll just pick Lina/QoP/PA/Ursa to shut down Husk and then i'm done for" but rarely is this the case.

Which is why if I ever see a Husk pick I gravitate to Tusk (aghs rush) and QoP (also aghs rush).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I can't play Huskar well, I go to yolo when playing him. Blink huskar is a ton of fun though, you have a stupid long initiation range with it.

Haly

I can't play Huskar well, I go to yolo when playing him.
Me neither, it just doesn't work for me.

It's cool, I hate Huskar, and all the troll heroes in this shitty ass game.

Artanisix

Hard to say for Clinkz. I like Solar Crest but now that deso is so cheap, I'd rather go soul ring/deso/orchid in that order. If I'm going orchid first (i.e. if I'm against a storm), I'll probably get medallion aquila.

Haly

Nah, Phoenix is as broke as it was on release.

Bottle Orchid every time on the spooky mr skeltal archer we all know and love.

Hard to say for Clinkz. I like Solar Crest but now that deso is so cheap, I'd rather go soul ring/deso/orchid in that order. If I'm going orchid first (i.e. if I'm against a storm), I'll probably get medallion aquila.

Soul ring for emergency mana? seems like a big investment for something situational. How do you use it?
Nah, Phoenix is as broke as it was on release.

Bottle Orchid every time on the spooky mr skeltal archer we all know and love.

I like bottle. Early orchid feels like a waste on this patch, though, with deso being so insanely easy to farm and usually being higher dps.

Artanisix

Soul Ring -> Deso because you don't have enough mana without Orchid to sustain yourself for constant ganks. Soul Ring lets you eat a creep then go gank constantly without having to go back to base.

Haly

I hate soul ring it makes me feel like some kind of emo shit.

I CUT MYSELF TO CAST SPELLS.

Okay Mr. occultist, okay.

Hylian7

If you are confident in your armlet toggle skills Hylian, he's definitely worth trying out
set the world on fire
fire.gif

Yeah I'm really not confident with my armlet toggle skills, which is why I skip armlet if I ever do play Huskar.

I've never really been a fan of armlet ever since they made it where the Strength goes up and down slowly rather than instantly like it used to be.

Soul Ring -> Deso because you don't have enough mana without Orchid to sustain yourself for constant ganks. Soul Ring lets you eat a creep then go gank constantly without having to go back to base.
So you prefer that to bottle? I find with aquila/medallion + Bottle + deso I have minimal issues with mana and on paper that seems like it'd be a bit more reliable and versatile than Soul Ring.

That said, I fucking hate buying soul ring so that's my bias.

Artanisix

I prefer it in the side lane yeah. If I'm mid then I'll get a bottle fo sho

"Yeah I'm really not confident with my armlet toggle skills, which is why I skip armlet if I ever do play Huskar."

Huskar is not Huskar without armlet. Armlet transforms Huskar from a shit hero who farms slowly into a freaking god.

I prefer it in the side lane yeah. If I'm mid then I'll get a bottle fo sho

Alright, so then one other thing to pick your brain on.

MKB/Daedelus. Clinkz seems like a natural MKB carrier but I'm pretty sure last time I checked your dota buff you always prefered daedelus. Is there a reason why outside of just wanting raw damage output? the proc on MKB has always seemed crazy strong to me (build it as core on weaver and clinkz) but I feel like this has fallen out of-- or perhaps was never in-- favour
I take bottle even in the sidelane. Playing clinkz mid is lol.

Really, I'm just not comfortable with soul ring. I like to play yolo and soul ring is no bueno for that. Full health is bueno for yolo and bottle gives me full health like my bottle gives me full health right now you know what I mean?
anuxi_rum.gif
This is my feelings on it pretty much 100%. I don't understand soul ring usage well enough to build it on a squishy hero like Clinkz who generally wants to be a *bit* too close to the enemy carries to be sacrificing his health.

Haly

I take bottle even in the sidelane. Playing clinkz mid is lol.

Really, I'm just not comfortable with soul ring. I like to play yolo and soul ring is no bueno for that. Full health is bueno for yolo and bottle gives me full health like my bottle gives me full health right now you know what I mean?
anuxi_rum.gif

Artanisix

Daedalus is always more damage unless your enemy has evasion, that's pretty much the only reason I prefer crit over MKB. MKB proc is nice but you don't attack at a million shots per second like a Windranger.

Daedalus is always more damage unless your enemy has evasion, that's pretty much the only reason I prefer crit over MKB. MKB proc is nice but you don't attack at a million shots per second like a Windranger.

Alright, that's fair. I'll have to try Crit again. It's been a while since I built that item on clinkz iirc. Thanks!

Haly

Gotta stop those snap TPs when your teammates are too shitfaced to interrupt them.

Acinixys

jcic6wR.gif

Also Reddit is having an civil war, because a new policy was implimented that disallows hatespeech. So the "Ihatefatpeople" and "neoFAG" subs, plus a few others, were perma deleted and all the edgy kids have a rage boner because they cant act like the sad children they are anymore

laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom