• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

It's not my fault S2 named their game so similarly to another Moba. Maybe they should try rebranding their game, their user base can't get much worse.

when you reach 0 it can only go up!
goodjob.gif

Acinixys

Whoa, what are all those trophies?

In order from left to right

TI4 compendium lvl
TI4 10 hero challenge
TI4 daily hero challenge
Successful prediction in a row
Fantasy league medal winner
Fantasy league season 1
Last hit challenge
PA event contracts fulfilled
PA event contracts denied
2014 year beast victories
TI5 compendium level
TI5 challenges completed
TI5 highest team compendium level
DAC compendium level

EDIT: reposting the image because they all moved :/

happy.gif

why is S4 nicknamed "the son of Magnus"? is it this some remnant from the wc3 dota days?

His surname is Magnusson
Hes really good on Magnus

Thats it

inkls

tact
/takt/
noun
noun: tact

adroitness and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues.
synonyms: diplomacy, tactfulness, sensitivity, understanding, thoughtfulness, consideration, delicacy, discretion, prudence, judiciousness, subtlety, savoir faire; informalsavvy

so my compendium was lv 199 but I forgot all star vote so I did it and reached lv 200, got an immortal chest 2

1433957589-ayylmao.png

whew lad.
rune is wards placed, based as fuck

Wok

How does lifesteal work on Anti-Mage?

I tried buying a morbid mask on him, and there was practically no lifesteal at all happening as far as I could tell?

His mana burn is a unique attack modifier, so attack modifiers like lifesteal, the effect of desolater and skadi don't work on him. You can get lifesteal by building vladmirs offering because it provides lifesteal as an aura, not an attack modifier.

You can still jungle with Morbid Mask as long as you do not level Mana Burn.

bounchfx

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/39avsx/selemenes_return_set_went_from_being_a/cs1tryq

Holy fucking shit bounch EE just ripped you 18 new assholes - 6.9 on the REKTer scale.

Damn!

had nothing to do with the change, sorry breh!

I can say that beforehand (when I was working with red moon), we did tell him we had other things to finish first and he was ok with it.
latest news I had heard regarding it is that they wanted to put it in the ESL chest because envy though it was bad, haha.

Hylian7

How does lifesteal work on Anti-Mage?

I tried buying a morbid mask on him, and there was practically no lifesteal at all happening as far as I could tell?
Like others said, Mana Break was overriding it.

Here's a little crash course on Unique Attack Modifiers.

UAM's (also referred to as "Orbs" or "Orb Effects" since WC3 Dota) don't stack with other UAMs unless the text says specifically so. The only one that comes to mind that is special is Skadi, and that one ONLY stacks with Life steal, and nothing else. So on AM, Mana Break is a UAM, but you want Life steal too, so how do you get around this? The answer is Vlad's! It isn't a UAM, and will work with your Mana Break.

There are a few other caveats too. One is that the text on Diffusal Blade says that it does not stack with other Mana burns. This is pretty much only so AM can't get it.

Another thing to keep in mind is castable UAMs. An example of this is Drow's Frost Arrows. When you attack with it on or manually cast it, it overrides any UAMs you might have. This is why people build life steal on her, because you only need Frost Arrows for chasing or harassing in lane.

Not every spell like Frost Arrows is a UAM though, and they can all be used in the same way. If you manually cast it on a hero, you won't aggro the creeps in your lane. For instance, Clinkz's Searing Arrows make him really able to bully a safelane carry or mid easily.

shira

I can say that beforehand (when I was working with red moon), we did tell him we had other things to finish first and he was ok with it.
latest news I had heard regarding it is that they wanted to put it in the ESL chest because envy though it was bad, haha.

He seems like a total pain in the ass to work with. Dat
24px-Backstab_icon.png

play huskar sacred warrior if you want to win

Y3tGqu7.png

void dies solo because goes uphill without vision
enemy gets 2 rax
"stfu noob i'm 4.5k"
ok

got muted nice
Emoticon_horse.gif
next game, axe jungle can't into stacking, disconnects every 2 minutes
and now he abandoned because d/c'd for too long, welp
kinda miss lpq
next game bristleback d/c's at horn, hasn't moved from fountain yet. nice

nice, let's go next
I'm literally losing my time.
now it's 5 melee draft vs techies. yum.

i didnt even get DAC emotes and I bought the compendium

I was wondering why I didn't get them either except I realized you have to have your compendium at level 41.

Also looking back on my compendium I didn't make any predictions, vote on stuff, or complete daily challenges. RIP compendium points.

ksan

one thing i dont understand about dota is that how the servers are still shit
you write ping in the console and you get 80+ on servers that should be at most 3-4ms
then again its valve, i dont think theyve ever done a good multiplayer game, the only saving grace here is icefraud
void dies solo because goes uphill without vision
enemy gets 2 rax
"stfu noob i'm 4.5k"
ok

got muted nice
Emoticon_horse.gif
next game, axe jungle can't into stacking, disconnects every 2 minutes
and now he abandoned because d/c'd for too long, welp
kinda miss lpq
next game bristleback d/c's at horn, hasn't moved from fountain yet. nice

nice, let's go next
I'm literally losing my time.
now it's 5 melee draft vs techies. yum.
you gotta act like a massive idiot to get muted, not even i get muted
except those times i paused and said loki_demi

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Are you still with Redmoon, or did you part ways with them?

ksan

Disruptor's dotabuff:

aaaah.gif

Beastmaster's dotabuff:

aaaah.gif

T__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________T

woo I won a game tonight
AM was pisspoor at 30 minutes, like yasha bf treads, and LC was fucking balling til we 5 man focused her.. I'm sure they wish they had another good carry, that tinker did jackshit
couldn't finish octameme :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom