• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

Silver edge and ursa deserved no nerf tbh imho but w/e. Ursa was a bit stupid in how fast he actually roshed now, but still, he was still the old kiteable fuzzy wuzzy he's always been.

shira

ihl w4 starday

Cobra Kai vs. It is all Ogre Sat. 12PM/3PM
t1431198000z4.png

Team Doki_Lemi vs. Don's Cherry Sat. 1PM/4PM
t1431201600z4.png

BRULE'S EUL'S vs. GAF Titans
t1431216000z4.png
image.php

lunaifu boys vs hill trolls TBD
???

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I've given up on LC. Just going to wait 6 more months for 6.85 where she'll get nerfed again.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The ult nerfs seem worse than they are, it just means the amp scales worse but is as potent when Undying is close to you. I don't think it'll matter that much.

I think it will be a big deal in the late game. Before you could pop your ult and stay pretty far from the enemy and still have a 15% damage amp, now you actually got to be next to the enemy team, which is often not a good idea late in the game.

Acinixys

I think it will be a big deal in the late game. Before you could pop your ult and stay pretty far from the enemy and still have a 15% damage amp, now you actually got to be next to the enemy team, which is often not a good idea late in the game.

Maybe the Frog has some behind the scenes stats that make this nerf make sense, but form here it looks like a Reddit pleasing change

I mean

Who the fuck ever moaned about Undyings ultimate?

I mean come on!

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Who the fuck ever moaned about Undyings ultimate?

I mean come on!

No this is the IceFrog School of Balance™.

People complain about X from Y hero. IceFrog sees that as a good sign and nerfs Y hero's Z instead.
RJVFI6H.gif

Haunted

RIP Undying's days of competitive viability.

27.04.2015 - 09.05.2015

;_;7

I still think he's good and viable.

Satch

Banned
i will never forget Legion Commander and BEYONCE (which you can buy on itunes today) coming out within days of each other

god i was at my most powerful during those times

i will never forgive icefrog for what hes done
dac15_angry.gif

Kade

i will never forget Legion Commander and BEYONCE (which you can buy on itunes today) coming out within days of each other

god i was at my most powerful during those times

i will never forgive icefrog for what hes done
dac15_angry.gif

She's the most beautiful DOta hero but she sucks.

Risible

Fuck this patch. Granted, I play pubs, but every single fucking game is a blowout now. Either crush or be crushed. No fucking fun to be had at all. A real shitshow.

Fee

I think we can all agree that adding more hats is way more important than a balance patch. This is bullshit.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
It's actually kind of funny that after the talk about how we probably won't get immortals on the weekend they go ahead and release a balance patch on the weekend which theoretically could involve a lot more maintenance or followup.

Wok

Forget about it. Karma means nothing when comments like this are being downvoted. I am back to using Reddit for what it is: a "news" aggregator.

R5h54Nh.png

It's actually kind of funny that after the talk about how we probably won't get immortals on the weekend they go ahead and release a balance patch on the weekend which theoretically could involve a lot more maintenance or followup.

Valve trolling at its finest. I was amused by this thought too.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

icefrog works 24/7 bro

gabe needs his rest tho

Fuck this patch. Granted, I play pubs, but every single fucking game is a blowout now. Either crush or be crushed. No fucking fun to be had at all. A real shitshow.

Hmm I've had plenty of close games but i've also had stomps that deserve to be stomps. if my team is losing the lanes, all our towers, and 2 roshans i sure as hell better get stomped. Drafts and the laning stage matter again whereas I feel with the comeback mechanic you could just yolo draft a bunch of garbage (aka 4-5 cores), lose the lanes horribly, and just luck into a win off of one or two successful high ground skirmishes.

I sympathize with people that really enjoyed the comeback mechanic or just started playing dota in 6.82, but damn, to me dota feels like dota again in 6.84. No more of this forced/artificial comeback garbage that nullifies the laning stage and really favors carry-heavy lineups in pubs.

Hmm I've had plenty of close games but i've also had stomps that deserve to be stomps. if my team is losing the lanes, all our towers, and 2 roshans i sure as hell better get stomped. Drafts and the laning stage matter again whereas I feel with the comeback mechanic you could just yolo draft a bunch of garbage (aka 4-5 cores), lose the lanes horribly, and just luck into a win off of one or two successful high ground skirmishes.

I sympathize with people that really enjoyed the comeback mechanic or just started playing dota in 6.82, but damn, to me dota feels like dota again in 6.84. No more of this forced/artificial comeback garbage that nullifies the laning stage and really favors carry-heavy lineups in pubs.

You know something's wrong when you go up against a 5 carry lineup and it actually scares you, because even if you dominate lanes as you should, one or two bad fights later you're suddenly up against 5 powerhouses. I'm glad that this barely if ever happens anymore.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
You know something's wrong when you go up against a 5 carry lineup and it actually scares you, because even if you dominate lanes as you should, one or two bad fights later you're suddenly up against 5 powerhouses. I'm glad that this barely if ever happens anymore.

Yep, I'm really happy the comeback mechanic is effectively gone and I hope it stays buried. I wouldn't mind a 5-15% buff to the net worth/xp difference factor in the future (potentially), but it should never return to 6.83 levels (i've already deleted 6.82 from my memory).

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

I totally agree. Sometimes games need to be stomps. Some games you're just going to lose because you have a shitty/mismatched draft, or you have a bad laning phase. That's Dota. But just as often you'll be on the team stomping because you executed properly. Those long, back and forth thrilling games will happen but they're a minority, because pubs don't work that way. Pub Dota has always been that way as long as I've played (until the last 2 patches or so). Games where you can lose every aspect of the game, turtle and come back and win because the opponent can't break highground are not what Dota is supposed to be.

That being said, deathball push was too strong before and I don't want that back either, but it feels good right now. I haven't enjoyed Dota this much in a while.

Sianos

I just want people to stop loitering in my lane and jungle while I'm trying to do agriculture - there's a point where "ganking" devolves into four people hurling spells at the safe lane for minutes.

I never really noticed the comeback mechanic in 6.83 - usually I won my lane in terms of kills on the offlane and cs, heavily out farmed the opposing farming lineup that spent their time standing around at mid, and then snowballed off of early rosh and being two or more items ahead to win fights or got the split push going. Now I seem to be losing and playing my lane poorly with mediocre farming rotations, but winning because I run around the map casting spells on heroes.

At least my lane cs on gyro has gone from very embarrassing to just mediocre.

Big Dog

For some reason this reminded me all about that. I started playing right around the release of 6.78 and Abaddon's release. It's been so long that I did kind of forget this was the meta for so long.
happytears.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom