• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
VP to break the TS win streak!
lina3.gif

What about it makes his PL a solid 2.5k?

His item builds and decision making on the hero is consistently poor. Not every player can play every hero. PL is not one of his heroes. He can be 7K with every other carry and that's fine. But his PL is hot shit on a small stick. It is what it is. His pub matches on PL have also been very poor for the same reasons. I'm not sure why S4 keeps picking it for him at this point unless it's for the experience/practice. But even then, if you're not building the hero well, you're going to keep failing and not knowing why.

I too like to assume I know more about the game than the carry/mid player for one of the best teams in the professional scene

blah blah blah. his PL is shit, point blank. and I didn't say he's a 2.5K player; at least read the comment you're going to respond to.

Low Tier
but his pl isnt shit, and he doesnt have "pl understanding and itemization [that's] solid 2.5k"

What are you even basing these off. You're saying his item/skill builds are bad without actually citing anything. Instead you're just spouting all this unwarranted shade towards a professional player with neither professional experience of your own nor real rhyme and reason for your declaration.

It's straight reddit posting is what this is.

Like straight up what's your game-winning PL build that rtz is missing im genuinely curious now

Niago

Neo Member
They can drop whatever items they hold? Like stuff they can drop from illusion can be sold? that's hilarious.

Yeah that's pretty much it. I tried a second game, enemy team picked PL, same shit happened. I'm going back to regular Dota till that bug is fixed.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is lich wars being advertised, I see it's having a big spike in subs, and I never really got feedback if it was fun or worked right in reborn.

I think I'm going to lower the kills needed, and put a time limit.

Is lich wars being advertised, I see it's having a big spike in subs, and I never really got feedback if it was fun or worked right in reborn.

I think I'm going to lower the kills needed, and put a time limit.

I saw it being rotated in the 30 minute spotlight last night (along with your ashe mod), and for me it was first in the carousal of vote for all of them here.

Deadstar

I hate to say it but I hate source 2. My friends and I normally use voice chat through steam which allows me to use my astro mixamp so that I can keep the game audio and voice chat on two separate channels allowing me to lower one channel while raising the other.

In source 2 it says that the game is taking priority and that you can't do steam voice chat. Absolutely terrible and a disgusting decision made by Valve. I might as well take my mixamp outside and smash it into the ground. It's useless now.

I hate to say it but I hate source 2. My friends and I normally use voice chat through steam which allows me to use my astro mixamp so that I can keep the game audio and voice chat on two separate channels allowing me to lower one channel while raising the other.

In source 2 it says that the game is taking priority and that you can't do steam voice chat. Absolutely terrible and a disgusting decision made by Valve. I might as well take my mixamp outside and smash it into the ground. It's useless now.
Post in the dev forums about it.

Artanisix

Lawd, dramatic much? It's almost like the source 2 release is a beta with many things subject to change. Send in a report and let them know of your issues.

52club

I can deal with a broken beta, but when it splits the community between two different clients that seems like a strange decision.

It only takes priority once you unmute the party voice chat.

If you mute it and restart client it no longer takes priority.

It's something they'll have to fix for sure but that's the way around it for now.

How do I force the 64 bit exe? Does it run automatically if you're capable or is that a parameter you need to fix?

Artanisix

"How do I force the 64 bit exe? Does it run automatically if you're capable or is that a parameter you need to fix?"

Not on by default, neither is dx11.

You're going to want to make a shortcut of the .exe in the following directory and tag it with dx11:

"D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\dota 2 beta\game\bin\win64\dota2.exe" -dx11

Pratfall

seems reasonable! go for it dude!

Sanjay

I got 16ms on Dota 2 Reborn and you can really tell the game responds better.

This seems like bad news though, playing cross servers, people will now really have an advantage
sad.gif

Time will tell but I have yet to play on a USE server.

Illidan is quite good at Slark.

Definitely better than kio's Slark but I'm having trouble deciding who has the best Phantom Lancer, Freakinchairs, Kio or Arteezy, too close to call, their that equal of quality.

ScOULaris

So are custom game lobbies still fucked? I want to try again when I get home from work, but if they're still filled with AFK hosts I won't waste my time.

His item builds and decision making on the hero is consistently poor. Not every player can play every hero. PL is not one of his heroes. He can be 7K with every other carry and that's fine. But his PL is hot shit on a small stick. It is what it is. His pub matches on PL have also been very poor for the same reasons. I'm not sure why S4 keeps picking it for him at this point unless it's for the experience/practice. But even then, if you're not building the hero well, you're going to keep failing and not knowing why.

blah blah blah. his PL is shit, point blank. and I didn't say he's a 2.5K player; at least read the comment you're going to respond to.

Look at his last few PL games the ending item builds look fine. Whats wrong with the early stuff? Does he do the BoTs first thing? I've seen a few people do that and it didnt seem good.

Yeah the temporary solution to all of these AFK hosts is to just host it yourself, I don't have the patience to keep ending up in the same lobby and having to leave again.

Has anyone gotten Battleships to work or is that legit broken?

FACE

Banned
"How do I force the 64 bit exe? Does it run automatically if you're capable or is that a parameter you need to fix?"

Not on by default, neither is dx11.

You're going to want to make a shortcut of the .exe in the following directory and tag it with dx11:

"D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\dota 2 beta\game\bin\win64\dota2.exe" -dx11

It runs much better than the 32 bit exe for me.

So far I have found the people in Reborn to be much more knowledgeable and communicative than in the regular client. Gonna have to avoid the beta until that illusion bug is fixed, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom