• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

"I didn’t know how bad the other teams were" - iceiceice 2015

EleGiggle.png
EleGiggle.png
EleGiggle.png

"I didn’t know how bad the other teams were" - iceiceice 2015

EleGiggle.png
EleGiggle.png
EleGiggle.png

I didn't knew how bad icex3 was.

Main changes from the map I have noticed are:

• Rosh pit seems a bit larger now
  • 2 more ward spots have been added on top and bottom rune
  • They reworked both tier 2 ward spots for dire and radiant side, you can no longer juke in there since they added trees to block the path
  • New juke/ganking area on radiant safelane (just a bit northeast of t1 tower)

Anything else you guys have spotted, apart from most stairways being a bit more wider.

ScOULaris

Has anyone tried playing the custom games in Dota 2 reborn?

They're pretty much not working at the moment unless you create your own lobby and manage to get people to join. Most lobby hosts are AFK and never start the game, and then there are issues where people drop before the game starts.

It's a mess right now.

inkls

They're pretty much not working at the moment unless you create your own lobby and manage to get people to join. Most lobby hosts are AFK and never start the game, and then there are issues where people drop before the game starts.

It's a mess right now.

overthrow seems to run well and alot of them have been updated since last night to work properly with reborn. Tree tag is really fun too

Razzer

Somebody made a completely new map called curse of rivers end, set in a town. It didn't seem well designed from a gameplay standpoint but I wonder how many assets were made by him or ripped from shit.

There wasn't anybody playing it so I just went in solo and made Tree aghs trees everywhere.

I guess I don't understand why you wouldn't just separate custom game private lobbies from publicly manned lobbies. That is, why don't they just autofire as soon as they get to 10 people for one class of lobby, and have the other private lobbies joinable only by list? Why autopopulate private lobbies with a queue system?

Hopefully they will make these changes.

Tinker's march completely tanking people's fps is especially fun when they are the host. #givededicatedservers
dedicated servers and matchmaking is what the monetization will be

you'll buy the little coin for 3 bucks and get these 4 mods for a month or two in matchmaking with proper servers like csgo

Trying reborn, a few things:

-The menu actually runs pretty bad for me, might be because of my high resolution.
- Actually runs better in-game than normal Dota 2, I get around 50fps in normal client and 60-70fps in Reborn.
- Due to the main menu running like shit to me, going from game to menu the fps drops ridiculously low
- I get like 10 fps in the heroes tab menu
facepalm.gif

- Maybe it is me, but the hero models look a bit smaller or the map seems slightly bigger.

I haven't played an actual match in quite a while...

Tieske

Neo Member
Trying reborn, a few things:

- Maybe it is me, but the hero models look a bit smaller or the map seems slightly bigger.

The map actually is slightly larger/wider in some parts, most noticably in the river and dire midlane stairs

not sure what the reason was for another map change (that affect gameplay, I get that they probably had to rebuild it to support the tile system / dynamic map terrain) but I think its an overall improvement

The map actually is slightly larger/wider in some parts, most noticably in the river and dire midlane stairs

not sure what the reason was for another map change (that affect gameplay, I get that they probably had to rebuild it to support the tile system / dynamic map terrain) but I think its an overall improvement

The Dota 2 map was slightly smaller than the WC3 version. It had been an issue since alpha, but this, I guess, was the best time to fix it.

ScOULaris

overthrow seems to run well and alot of them have been updated since last night to work properly with reborn. Tree tag is really fun too

It might run well, but good luck ever actually getting into a game.

Most lobbies have an AFK host, and if you host yourself nobody joins.

I'm trying to downlaod the new client, but the downlaod keeps restarting (as in, stopping and starting again, not discarding progress) every 10-30s. Anyone else having this problem? I've already tried switching the download server, didn't help.

Enco

This update seems really cool and I'm going to get back into the Dota world. I'll stick with custom games though. Ain't nobody got patience for true dota.

However, you can tell this is most definitely a beta. Very rough.

Steam voice chat doesn't work, the lobby/party systems seem unreliable, and the play style graph has missing numbers. Maybe it's just logging games since the update.

Calidor

The Dota 2 map was slightly smaller than the WC3 version. It had been an issue since alpha, but this, I guess, was the best time to fix it.

it's not the same map as the WC3 version though. Last night I played a dota 1 game to check it out and it does feel different still.

Also last hitting in dota 1 is way easier for me I don't know why

Is it currently not possible to spectate games in the Reborn client, or is my shit just broke?

Sadly you can't, you will only get "waiting for game data". Hopefully it gets fixed/added before the international starts so we can get to watch thetournament with the new fancy spectating tools.

RTZ may be the worst professional player getting PL drafted for him.

He not only plays it poorly in pro matches; he plays it poorly in pubs too. He actually has no idea what the fuck he's doing with his build order sub 25 minutes. I'm not sure if S4 realizes it yet, but he needs to. RTZ is amazing, but his PL understanding and itemization is solid 2.5K.

Low Tier
I too like to assume I know more about the game than the carry/mid player for one of the best teams in the professional scene

When this is the case, I like to generalize said player's performance as poor/mediocre/322/awful and share my own insights gleamed from my own matchmaking experiences

Rtz's pl has been winning in fpl iunno why hes suddenly a 2.5k pl player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom