• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok back home to see VG vs NiP.......
wait.. what?
Budren?!

and while I typed this VG got like 4 kills
grave.gif

We definitely will need you even if our Seattle player finds the quote on quote"nerds" I think if you post in the ihl thread we will be good; game is at 1 est

I'll likely be around also if for some reason BigAT can't help. Didn't want to offer earlier since I'm so out of practice.

ViviOggi

This is the prime reason I bought the compendium.

MMMMM, gimme.
I was told Source couldn't handle people playing on different maps, did drkirby (think it was him) lie or Source 2 stealth release? I guess they could also make it a timed global event map like the winter-/China-themed ones which would be super disappointing, I want pickable map skins like WC3 DotA had so bad

Smithy C

It's just one of those days. Get slaughtered every game, with at least two toxic people on my team every time.

Only game where everyone on my team seems nice and can actually play well, someone on the other team abandons 7 minutes into the game after getting ganked twice.

dac15_sad.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I like how Sniper and Troll are left unabated for the better part of a year, terrorizing the everloving shit out of Dota. Then Undying, a hero that is criminally underpicked since I started playing, comes along and he isn't even given a full month to become FotM before the nerfs start dropping.
cry.gif

Don't worry, Undying is still #4 at 57.7% winrate, he's still good.

Acinixys

I'm guessing it wasn't the best idea ever to go for it in both of those matches?

Like I said I'm not too familiar with carry heroes.

Juggernaut is served better by items like MoM and Manta and Basher

He already farms very fast, and is a single target DPS hero, so BF is wasted on him

PA is the same. She is a single target hero. Basher is MUCH better on her than a BF

In the time you have a Battlefury on PA or Jugg you could have a Helm of the Dominator and a Bash, which lets you actually fight

So unless you are getting it in 12 minutes or less, BF isnt that great

(Obviously if you are against a PL or Naga or Broodand need the cleave for wave clearing than you can reconsider)

inkls

Juggernaut is served better by items like MoM and Manta and Basher

He already farms very fast, and is a single target DPS hero, so BF is wasted on him

PA is the same. She is a single target hero. Basher is MUCH better on her than a BF

In the time you have a Battlefury on PA or Jugg you could have a Helm of the Dominator and a Bash, which lets you actually fight

So unless you are getting it in 12 minutes or less, BF isnt that great

(Obviously if you are against a PL or Naga or Broodand need the cleave for wave clearing than you can reconsider)

how do you flashfarm with pa tho? Unless you start getting a massive amount of kills, its gonna be though to get items

Battlefury is totally legit on PA, just not every game. Same with Jugg, if you want to farm it's decent. Most prefer to just pair Jugg with Magnus so he gets a free BF though.

Acinixys

how do you flashfarm with pa tho? Unless you start getting a massive amount of kills, its gonna be though to get items

For me PA isnt an AFK farmer though

She gets boots, life steal and a damage item (Deso/Bash) and then goes and solos Rosh, fights constantly till she has bkb, then she fights some more

grave.gif

Battlefury is totally legit on PA, just not every game. Same with Jugg, if you want to farm it's decent. Most prefer to just pair Jugg with Magnus so he gets a free BF though.

Im not at all denying that

Its amazing for farming, and the mana regen it gives is a massive boon for PA

But she is a fighter, and you cant fight with when you have brown boots and a BF at 20 minutes (aka every PA i see in my pubs)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The PA Arcana is the most popular Arcana, with over 130k in my database, where the Techies Arcana is the least popular with only 24k being tracked. TB and SF Arcana are at 58k tracked each, CM's at 61k, LC at 77k, and 87k.

I wonder if Valve can repeat their success with the PA arcana. It likely helps that it did win the Arcana vote, and it did have an event tied to it.

Pratfall

I think that unless your team is creating a ton of space for you top and you are getting literal freefarm, you are better off going Phase, Aquilla, HoD into Basher on PA and try and get a couple of kills to boost your farm.

shira

The PA Arcana is the most popular Arcana, with over 130k in my database, where the Techies Arcana is the least popular with only 24k being tracked. TB and SF Arcana are at 58k tracked each, CM's at 61k, LC at 77k, and 87k.

I wonder if Valve can repeat their success with the PA arcana. It likely helps that it did win the Arcana vote, and it did have an event tied to it.

I have an exalted bunduru. I think there are only a few of those in existence.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have an exalted bunduru. I think there are only a few of those in existence.

Sadly like all consumables, its hard to tell how rare they are, since I have no way to know if they have been used or not.

I'm thinking of doing 2 market indexes, 1 with the majority of hero cosmetics, couriers, and wards, and a second with a selection of 50 high end items I think are good indicators of the steam market. How does this list look:
Immortals:
Golden Lamb to the Slaughter
Golden Pale Mausoleum
Golden Severing Crest
Golden Empyrean
Golden Gravelmaw

Mania's Mask
Inverse Bayonet
White Sentry
Elixir of Dragon's Breath
Crystal Dryad
Blade of Tears
Flourishing Lodestar
Swift Claw
Soul Diffuser
Splattering Forcipule

Golden Barb of Skadi
Eternal Radiance Blades
Claddish Cudgel
Serrakura
Moon Griffon
Skittering Desolation
Winterblight
Molten Claw
Fluttering Staff
Bloodfeather Wings
Hell's Usher
The Barb of Skadi

Timebreaker
Dragonclaw Hook

Arcanas:
Swine of the Sunken Galley
Demon Eater
Fractal Horns of Inner Abysm
Frost Avalanche
Blades of Voth Domosh
Fiery Soul of the Slayer
Manifold Paradox

Promo Items:
Governor's Salakot
Rainmaker
Perceptions of the Eternal Mind
Fire Lotus Belt
The Feeder-Eater
Sceptre of Icewrack
Kantusa the Script Sword
Rotten Stache
Scythe of Ice
Conch Cudgel
Tidehunter Blink Dagger
Battlefury
Scorching Talon
Heaven-Piercing Pauldrons

shira

Sadly like all consumables, its hard to tell how rare they are, since I have no way to know if they have been used or not.

I'm thinking of doing 2 market indexes, 1 with the majority of hero cosmetics, couriers, and wards, and a second with a selection of 50 high end items I think are good indicators of the steam market. How does this list look:

You should do one of Dota2lounge bettables

Your site would get a shit tonne of traffic

DrPizza

Banned

I think the event was key. Strong incentive to have a PA arcana on your team.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Boys last night at work I saw a guy walk in with his belly slashed open and his intestines hanging out, but today I've got a feeder on my team and man I'm way more disgusted by this!

edit: and don't get me started on the lack of hats

For me PA isnt an AFK farmer though

She gets boots, life steal and a damage item (Deso/Bash) and then goes and solos Rosh, fights constantly till she has bkb, then she fights some more

grave.gif

Im not at all denying that

Its amazing for farming, and the mana regen it gives is a massive boon for PA

But she is a fighter, and you cant fight with when you have brown boots and a BF at 20 minutes (aka every PA i see in my pubs)

Makes sense to me, thanks for the advise, will put it to work and see how well I fare.

I also just kind of just went with it because I saw plenty of other PA pickers making it as well, and was laning with Luna as well (for whatever reason).... obviously didn't got a lot of farm, so in my mind it made sense to grab a BF to catch up with the farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom