• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hupsel

Moustachio and cabus please accept the friend request
DsrA6Kc.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the snowball is too much in this patch tbh, you might as well gg if there's more than a five kill difference

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Most of my games have been pretty even so 6.84 is a good patch for me.

sixghost

What's the timing on Eul's into Light Strike Array on Lina? Do you blow it instantly, or do you have to wait a second?

The cast delay for LSA isn't really that long. You cast it near the end of the eul's. Unless the opponent has a blink or something, it's not difficult at all, just go practice in a bot game a few times.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
LSA Delay: 0.5
Cast time: 0.45
Euls Duration: 2.5

So approximately 1.5 seconds after you Euls. 2 to be on the safe side.

J2d

I'm really bad at dota but do you all feel that balance whine is really necessary most of the time? I often wonder if most of the problems with heroes is that the scene has trouble with creativity and don't want to invest time to figure out counters and just goes with what is tried and tested? Again I'm pretty clueless but I got the impression in dac that asian teams banned some heroes that were not getting that much priority by western teams(only thing I can come up with now is batrider).

I'm not only a noob but drunk at the moment so I'm probably out of my element now..

inkls

I think that post dac tourney recently showed us troll and sniper were overrated and people spent more time whining about them being broken rather than do anything against it. Same thing this patch. Its embarrassing to try to blame the game so much sometimes. Comeback mechanic was nerfed, and now people complain about stomps. Maybe the next logical step would be to stop blaming the game for your loss and try to improve as a player in general. It'd be a bit more productive.

no targeted to anyone in particular, but I feel its a bad attitude if you have any ambition to improve at the game

I'm really bad at dota but do you all feel that balance whine is really necessary most of the time? I often wonder if most of the problems with heroes is that the scene has trouble with creativity and don't want to invest time to figure out counters and just goes with what is tried and tested? Again I'm pretty clueless but I got the impression in dac that asian teams banned some heroes that were not getting that much priority by western teams(only thing I can come up with now is batrider).

I'm not only a noob but drunk at the moment so I'm probably out of my element now..

most whine is just people failing to understand the game. when I was new people would whine about Riki because...he's invis. Then people eventually learned that detection is a thing.

that said, sometimes some heroes feel too strong relateive to other heroes at their given position and tweaks are in order. Sniper was too strong last patch, for example. He was maybe the only carry that could solo kill anyone at level 2 unassisted without the enemy laner being even out of position. Old PL was...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raWY_i6ARYQ

....yea.

So yea, sometimes heroes need to be brought back into balance.

J2d

most whine is just people failing to understand the game. when I was new people would whine about Riki because...he's invis. Then people eventually learned that detection is a thing.

that said, sometimes some heroes feel too strong relateive to other heroes at their given position and tweaks are in order. Sniper was too strong last patch, for example. He was maybe the only carry that could solo kill anyone at level 2 unassisted without the enemy laner being even out of position. Old PL was...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raWY_i6ARYQ

....yea.

So yea, sometimes heroes need to be brought back into balance.
But take jug for instance, wasn't the only thing they changed his starting agi and armour (maybe the scaling?) and suddenly he was the hottest shit ever? Now maybe those changes that I use the words "only" to describe is what makes a hero worthwhile in pro hands but does it matter that much to the rest of the player base? Feels like its just changes that make people try out a forgotten hero and go "oh shit he's actually pretty decent in certain match ups"?

Shinypogs

Some whine is because a hero is hard to deal with either by themselves or because they require teamwork to stop. At lower MMR teamwork is hit or miss and so called broken heroes are often ones that more skilled players have far less problems with. Other complaints are because a hero is so legit broken that they swiftly become problematic to more than just the usual vocal minority ( see initial release Earth spirit). Regardless people complain all the time and especially after a big game changing patch patch like we just had.

The regional pro scenes all have their own mini metas and tend to have certain heroes they prefer and others they dislike dealing with so you may see certain bans from some regions that you don't from others. Usually they aren't the first 2 bans though, those tend to be reserved for fotm heroes and respect banning ( AKA don't give bulldog Furion or Arteezy sf etc etc)

Big Dog

I've officially stopped enjoying dota. I'm sure it's me, but haven't had more than a few team mates that I really appreciated in at least 2 weeks of playing.

NBtoaster

I don't think the snowball is unmanageable, I've had plenty of comebacks this patch. Even against disgusting bristle-undying lanes. It's all about mindset. And good heroes.

Just came back from having two raxes down with slark. What a good hero he is.

BigAT

repost because we are fucking desperate you are guaranteed to play 1 ihl match maybe 2 who knows. We accept Euros who can tell time in est not GZZZ.

Is there an MMR limit for standins? I'll likely be around, but I would feel a bit bad playing for a team honestly.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Is there an MMR limit for standins? I'll likely be around, but I would feel a bit bad playing for a team honestly.
Well even if you pick CM and stack and Jungle for aura level 3 at 12 minutes it's better than losing by default, we need a 5th.
I think we need player to be under something like 3700? I'm not exactly sure TBH.

But take jug for instance, wasn't the only thing they changed his starting agi and armour (maybe the scaling?) and suddenly he was the hottest shit ever? Now maybe those changes that I use the words "only" to describe is what makes a hero worthwhile in pro hands but does it matter that much to the rest of the player base? Feels like its just changes that make people try out a forgotten hero and go "oh shit he's actually pretty decent in certain match ups"?

No, they changed how attack speed works in the game. You could suddenly get a lot more attack speed. That's why Jugg blew up.

Hylian7

Why doesn't Lich's Sacrifice count toward his denies in his CS? Not a huge deal, just one of those things that leaves you scratching your head.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
No, they changed how attack speed works in the game. You could suddenly get a lot more attack speed. That's why Jugg blew up.

Er, I don't think Jugg would ever do a build that had over 400+ attack speed. Maybe you are thinking of his buff to his BAT, which was huge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom