• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

I really like this Tavern Brawl option in Hearthstone: Play one match a week using a custom game. Get a free pack if you win.

There should be something like that in Doto for people that don't have a lot of time: Try a custom game - get an untradable set.

Chris R

I really like this Tavern Brawl option in Hearthstone: Play one match a week using a custom game. Get a free pack if you win.

There should be something like that in Doto for people that don't have a lot of time: Try a custom game - get an untradable set.

You need a level 20 hero :( I only have 3 level 10 and everything else is below that lol

t0rment

Techies is legit. What's the problem?
horse.gif

he's literally the devil in hero form. i hate my life when playing with or against him.

Techies is the ultimate double-edged sword. There is no worse feeling than dying to mine traps, but there's no better feeling than getting a kill when playing as him.

I do think he can turn Dota into too much of a guessing game, though. So many places to put mines that you can't possibly ward them all.

Quesa

if only there was a sub 1k gold item that gave truesight in a radius around the person holding it.

If only there were a hero who could deward for free

If only there where heroes who could keep track of his whereabouts constantly

if only there were items that gave you vision of certain parts of the map

Kade

Who are the good Overthrow heroes? I've been playing a SB Sniper because it's annoying and makes me laugh, but I'd like the opportunity to actually win a round.

Phantom Lancer and Storm Spirit are annoying to deal with and I always see at least one of them on most winning teams. Because of the small map, Storm Spirit can zip around freely without the normal mana loss. Phantom Lancer is Phantom Lancer.

Don't get me wrong, I think Techies is a completely viable hero and I'm not on the side that legitimately thinks he should be removed. There are plenty of heroes that do weird annoying stuff.

Life is easier when playing against Techies if you just accept the fact that you're going to die to mines at least a few times

Haunted

I talked to the guy at the Game Legends shop at ESL on sunday and he said the Techies shirt didn't sell all that much on saturday - after that Kuro Techies game closed out the first day, they constantly had to fetch more stock on sunday and it became their best selling shirt (up to that point at least).

Fucking hilarious. :lol

edit: this one

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I talked to the guy at the ESL shop on Sunday and he said the Techies shirt didn't sell all that much on saturday - after that Kuro Techies game closed out the first day, they constantly had to fetch more stock on sunday and it became their best selling shirt (up to that point at least).

Not surprising. I saw a shitload of techies in games after that.

Reckoner

I talked to the guy at the Game Legends shop at ESL on sunday and he said the Techies shirt didn't sell all that much on saturday - after that Kuro Techies game closed out the first day, they constantly had to fetch more stock on sunday and it became their best selling shirt (up to that point at least).

Yeah

I assumed it was just a marketing stunt. It just doesn't need those big letters saying Techies. I think it would look better with just the cute funny image there.

Quesa

wish the shirt wasn't black. Too many of those in gaming already. Also WLF's stuff tends to not fit me well.

Chris R

Techies is the ultimate mind game hero.

If you die to mines, it just means you got outsmarted.
cm3.gif

The best thing is when you mine the top rune and get a kill on a storm, then have them spend 200 on sentries that miss your new mine spot, the path from the rune up into the jungle/top lane.

Also, suicide against AA is almost too easy. I had so much gold last night lol

Haunted

RIP Draskyl

Wagamama and Winter, meh. I expect LD (and maybe Kotlguy?) to be invited as well. Congrats to ODPixel for getting invited.

Looking forward to Purge + Pyrion beginner stream casts. :lol

Arteezys stream is really the best.

-best music
-best rage
-best gameplay
-best self awareness. Today's gem "just ignore everything I say. There's a chance I might be retarded."

Godz and Winter get to go but no Dadskyl, mistakes were made. Don't give a shit about LD, but I don't really care about hype casters.

At least Waga and ODPixel are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom