• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

kionedrik

"- He disables all mobility based heroes. GL playing QoP vs him if he ruptures you. Stupidly or not Storm and Ember can zip around and Rupture won't damage them..."

why should free mobility skills not have checks and counters to them?

I was just pointing another thing in which BS excels. Of course every hero needs to be countered in some way and by more than 1 hero.

So who's gonna be the Faceless Void/Razor/Skywrath Mage of TI5? Bloodseeker/?/? (probably Leshrac)

After the typical 4 (Undying, QoP, Lesh and Tusk), I'm willing to bet Naga and Winter Wyvern will be top pick/ban material.

bounchfx

3 matches recently and they all had techies/tusk combo. None of them really used it effectively.

techies is still the worst hero to play with in dota, regardless of what team he's on. what a mess haha.
T_____T

I still wanna see Earth Spirit in captains mode!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I honestly need (not want, need) the Disraptor mohawk before I play even another game of Dota 2, but not sure if I need it enough to fuck around with Volvo's hat lottery. When do new items become marketable nowadays?

domstah

I honestly need (not want, need) the Disraptor mohawk before I play even another game of Dota 2, but not sure if I need it enough to fuck around with Volvo's hat lottery. When do new items become marketable nowadays?

September 9th for that particular set.

About as bad as he is at street fighter. He's very high skill in some of his games though.

Those item builds....

6992122.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Omniknight?

That's the only reason I can think of.

Vade

"- He disables all mobility based heroes. GL playing QoP vs him if he ruptures you. Stupidly or not Storm and Ember can zip around and Rupture won't damage them..."

why should free mobility skills not have checks and counters to them?

Well if you are a god/scripter you can always take no damage from rupture. Max blink+move and you will be >1300 units and thus break rupture.

Well if you are a god/scripter you can always take no damage from rupture. Max blink+move and you will be >1300 units and thus break rupture.

Bloodseeker's rupture deals no damage if the unit moves over 1300 range within its .25 second check, doesn't break it, it just doesn't deal the damage, a QoP can avoid damage if you are quick to move a single unit and then blink quickly before the .25 window ends, but good luck with that.
wink.gif

Bloodseeker's rupture deals no damage if the unit moves over 1300 range within its .25 second check, doesn't break it, it just doesn't deal the damage, a QoP can avoid damage if you are quick to move a single unit and then blink quickly before the .25 window ends, but good luck with that.
wink.gif

you could but actually you can't
blink cast time is 0.33 second and is 1150 range max
anyway if cast time was 0 you'd need to move 151 units in 0.25 seconds, which is a 604 move speed which isn't reachable except in RAD mode
could work with blink dagger but you'd need >400 movespeed (move 101 units, blink max range)

Vade

you could but actually you can't
blink cast time is 0.33 second and is 1150 range max
anyway if cast time was 0 you'd need to move 151 units in 0.25 seconds, which is a 604 move speed which isn't reachable except in RAD mode
could work with blink dagger but you'd need >400 movespeed (move 101 units, blink max range)

Meeru you dumbshit blink is max 1300 range.

Oh well it seems the french wiki page (that google insists on redirecting me to) isn't updated with blink rage on qop
so yeah it's easy to do even with a script. center hero, clik direction to move, blink 1300 range in the same direction

After a 7 month hiatus, I'm back to playing DOTA (not to mention my normally poor mechanics are even more abysmal). Last night was painful as I don't think I get this meta.

Zia

Who are the good Overthrow heroes? I've been playing a SB Sniper because it's annoying and makes me laugh, but I'd like the opportunity to actually win a round.

Zoon

Who are the good Overthrow heroes? I've been playing a SB Sniper because it's annoying and makes me laugh, but I'd like the opportunity to actually win a round.

Naga.Use song to get the 1st item, go for the ebola build and you win.

I have found Necrophos and Dark Seer pretty fun to play with in overthrow, storm spirit also good for the flash steal kills.

Not really. That hero is really, really strong at the moment. His laning is fantastic, he's great at killing off laners and can lane mid, safe or jungle easily in most cases. Easily the best BS incarnation ever. Pretty sure I could cheese myself up to 4.5k with him if I was dedicated and motivated to play solo Q.

Do you play on EUW? I'll carry you.

I don't unfortunately.

2bad kunka is a shit hero* and tide isn't
dac15_water.gif
burn.gif

* : except when you can ultra kill with one right click
bloodseeker + kunkka u heard it here first

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
yeah, I actually enjoyed the overall input here so far.

Anyone have any advice for me to stop sucking at this game? This is my team in the keep with Nalia.
XKeo2A2.jpg

Your team is fine for early in the game. I'm guessing the lack of useful cleric is what is getting you down? Jaheria is kinda crap at the healing schtick. You could drop her for Anomnen or whatever that dude's name is in the Slums inn he's not awful but not amazing either. The real cleric you want is the drow Viconia(?) some thing like that but as she's a drow is also Evil aligned and therefore might cause some issues with your party.
(There is a questline to "redeem" her, but its convoluted and you should look it up if you're gonna try for it.)

Just make sure you have easy access to acid/fire or ice for the keep. Those trolls are super annoying if you don't have those easily on hand.

Reckoner

While we're at it

Share your most successful tips on countering Techies

'Cause the best I've done is just using tps and going behind creeps lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom