• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

Heartstopper Aura is basically stopped flat by enough passive regen, be it Ring of Health or Dragon Blood or something.

The point of the passive in the laning phase is to quickly make you chew through your regen without even needing to rightclick you.

Lets take Anti-Mage as an example. At lvl 1 he has 568 hp and 0.91 hp regen per second.

With Necro lvl 1 passive you remove 0.6% of his max hp every second (3.408/s) which is actually 2.498/s accounting for AM's base regen. A tango normally restores 115 hp on use and it takes necro ~45 seconds to deal that. You use your first tango but it gives you less regen (since 7.1875 minus 2.498 gives us 4.6895 hp/s) and gives you 75.032 hp healed over 16 seconds instead of 115. Then it takes ~30 seconds to negate that regen and make you need another tango which again again will give 75.032 total hp healed so another ~30 seconds.

So without even harassing you it takes him ~2min and 15 seconds to chew through your tango. Now with each creep wave being worth 129-155 gold with each spawning at 30 seconds interval it would take you 5-6 waves of perfect last-hitting to get a ring of health so 2min30-3min.

Again those are the best estimates since in this scenario necro does not zone you at all and lets you free farm and you're are on a hero that normally buys a ring of regen.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The point of the passive in the laning phase is to quickly make you chew through your regen without even needing to rightclick you.

Lets take Anti-Mage as an example. At lvl 1 he has 568 hp and 0.91 hp regen per second.

With Necro lvl 1 passive you remove 0.6% of his max hp every second (3.408/s) which is actually 2.498/s accounting for AM's base regen. A tango normally restores 115 hp on use and it takes necro ~45 seconds to deal that. You use your first tango but it gives you less regen (since 7.1875 minus 2.498 gives us 4.6895 hp/s) and gives you 75.032 hp healed over 16 seconds instead of 115. Then it takes ~30 seconds to negate that regen and make you need another tango which again again will give 75.032 total hp healed so another ~30 seconds.

So without even harassing you it takes him ~2min and 15 seconds to chew through your tango. Now with each creep wave being worth 129-155 gold with each spawning at 30 seconds interval it would take you 5-6 waves of perfect last-hitting to get a ring of health so 2min30-3min.

Again those are the best estimates since in this scenario necro does not zone you at all and lets you free farm and you're are on a hero that normally buys a ring of regen.
You are reminding of the game where I actually was mid vs Anti-mage, and chased him down with Heartstopper the patch after they buffed the range again, he was mad since he thought his blink was long enough to get away.

Big Dog

Matt I don't know if you can manually change the information on your prize pool charts, but the TI5 prize pool graph did something strange yesterday where it must have grabbed the prize pool amount when the system was down or something. The prize pool was set back to 1.6 million for the 4 pm time, it's hard to miss.

DrPizza

Banned
EE seems to have hacked Loda's account or something. Caught out twice without a TP even though he had an empty slot? What the fuck.

Zeknurn

I can't say that I enjoy the fact that everyone and their mother is building shadow blade or glimmer cape in pubs now. Increase cost please.

Shinypogs

Dota servers being weird, Heroes needs to patch, can't remember my log in info for Lol because it's been ages. What am I supposed to do, play normal games?

ViviOggi

Dota servers being weird, Heroes needs to patch, can't remember my log in info for Lol because it's been ages. What am I supposed to do, play normal games?

Strife?
OjyWv23.gif

Bilix

Glimmer Cape didn't exist back then though.

Thank god they nerfed it again in 6.84b

I know, but a lot of heroes built shadow blades. It's can be an easy pub stomp if supports don't counter and cores are too stubborn to pitch in. I've said it before, but I like that there's an alternative to the "blink daggers for everyone" game. Sometimes the benefits of a glimmer cape or a silver edge outweigh the blink.

Shinypogs

You literally only play MOBA's?

No I also play rpgs, jrpgs, dungeon crawlers, tactics, Civ, visual novels and a little bit of almost everything. I am in the mood for MOBA right now though so it makes playing other things less fun. Same thing happens with other games though, sometimes a new patch drops fora moba but I'm deeply invested in my current rpg quest and can't be bothered to try out the new stuff for several days until I feel like I'm at a good stopping point in my current game.

It's all about the mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom