• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why play dota when you can play double dragon

20140125180037a0doyiksdc1vm24p.jpg

whynotboth.gifv

inkls

Think about how much better dota would be if all the heroes were fruit themed.

Like Necro could be a Watermelon or something and Death Pulse is replaced with Seed Pulse.

Meepo would be 5 blueberries.
HBoYecp.gif

Tidehunter is the watermelon noob. And you call other people noobs for their fruit knowledge.

Hylian7

I have a weird train of thought. I remember reading some copypasta from /vg/ a long time ago about someone having a dream of being Venomancer and eating various exotic fruits on an island. They think Veno was cute and it's weird.

Anyway, this reminds me, what plush heroes would you want to see hopefully before TI5?

I don't know why there isn't an Ogre Magi one yet. They also need an announcer pack of him.

I think the CM pup is a big one too.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Tidehunter is the watermelon noob. And you call other people noobs for their fruit knowledge.

I challenge you to design a watermelon themed kit for tide.

There's more to fruit than appearances. It's about the essence of fruit.

inkls

I challenge you to design a watermelon themed kit for tide.

There's more to fruit than appearances. It's about the essence of fruit.

Gush has him spit watermelon seeds, Kraken shell gives him the durability of a melon, Anchor Smash now has a bag of melon seeds in his hand instead of an anchor, Ravage has him smash a melon in the ground causing it to split in melon slices that move the same way the tentacles in ravage move. Done.

Hylian7

Gush has him spit watermelon seeds, Kraken shell gives him the durability of a melon, Anchor Smash now has a bag of melon seeds in his hand instead of an anchor, Ravage has him smash a melon in the ground causing it to split in melon slices that move the same way the tentacles in ravage move. Done.

Ravage would make everyone on the other team do this.

stash-1-50a8b47143f20.gif

ViviOggi

Anchor Smash would have him squash a huge melon every time so the liquid makes the enemies' weapons slippery to explain the damage reduction

Mother Fucking bases races, so stressful. I think our Ancient was at like 100hp.
OjyWv23.gif

This game was damn close:
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1468651371

Edit: 104 HP, they would have likely won if they ignored troll and just keep hitting the Ancient.

wtf @ losing a 30k lead

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1468771537

Bristle picks 30 seconds after horn. Proceeds to feed. Same with SF.

I've found that there are a few heroes for which it is frighteningly easy to mis-calculate their early ability to tank or deal damage. Bristleback and Slark come to mind specifically. It's very easy to forget that you don't have a Vanguard or Skadi on them early on and you can really get into trouble.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I was 12-1 as undying, we had a huge lead, and our pudge randomly decides to rage and give up due to the spec being under farmed. Worked him self up into a rage, then went and AFKed. So disheartening to lose due to that
cry.gif

Calidor

I was 12-1 as undying, we had a huge lead, and our pudge randomly decides to rage and give up due to the spec being under farmed. Worked him self up into a rage, then went and AFKed. So disheartening to lose due to that
cry.gif

facepalm.gif

but it feels good when you are on the other side and get free MMR out of a lost game

Just went back and reviewed the video of one of my very first games of Dota. Played Alch. Bought Tangos, Salve, and 3 Branches to start. Then no other items. Put Radiance in my quickbuy at 12 minutes in, but never had enough money for the Relic.

We lost, obviously.

Hylian7

cry.gif

I almost had one of those from the get-go yesterday. Our Jugg said he refused to support WK top, so he picked Jugg and jungle, despite us asking him politely not to. He just said "Just mute me, stop being assholes. Play your own damn game." even though we were just asking him not to jungle and he threw a fit about the first two picks being randoms.

I won mid vs Storm by a huge margin, their Ursa attempted to Rosh 3 times and we stopped him all three times. Their Lion just straight up disconnected and abandoned at 19 minutes, so everyone else but Storm left. Storm stayed and microed all of them, but it was just us sieging and winning the game.

Hylian7

Just went back and reviewed the video of one of my very first games of Dota. Played Alch. Bought Tangos, Salve, and 3 Branches to start. Then no other items. Put Radiance in my quickbuy at 12 minutes in, but never had enough money for the Relic.

We lost, obviously.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/210133

My first game. I still don't know how the hell I was more farmed than our Weaver, and why the WR on the other team had a basher.
facepalm.gif

W1SSY

My first games aren't bad item wise because when I started it had guides. I do like to look at the other people that were in the game and see if they are still playing though.

Chris R

somoene please sell me a ti ticket i'll suck ur dick

Next TI I'm gonna buy as many as I can and sell them to people here who missed out. I had a single extra ticket this year since my brother didn't want to go/couldn't afford it and sold it to a gaffer at cost.

My Ticketmaster MMR is like 7k I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom