• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hung_real

bfury is fine right now. It's purpose is niche but indispensable.

Mek needs a buff and GG needs a nerf.

Why do you think that Mek needs a buff ?

I think mek is fine now , its still a very good item to rush on one of your lane dominate cores and you can then use it to get an upper hand on 5v5 or take down towers.

Nymerio

Mek kind of went from this must have item to meh whatever. With the emphasis on early fighting it'd be a great item to have early but it's too difficult to get on time if a support is getting it.

Hung_real

Mek kind of went from this must have item to meh whatever. With the emphasis on early fighting it'd be a great item to have early but it's too difficult to get on time if a support is getting it.

So you want it to be remade into a position 4,5 item ? (outside of greedy 4 like chen ofc)

I still believe its a good, balance item for a core

Nymerio

No, just voicing my thoughts on the item. The problem in my skill tier is that no one that is playing a role other than 4 or 5 would ever build it.

Nymerio

So you want it to be remade into a position 4,5 item ? (outside of greedy 4 like chen ofc)

I still believe its a good, balance item for a core

Thinking about it though, it would be kind of cool if there was a cheaper version of mek that's easier attainable as a 4 or 5 player. Maybe not exactly like mek but just a smaller aoe heal that sustains you in early fights. I often play witch doctor when I'm playing with a friend and the sustain you get from his heal coupled with the urn I often get is pretty amazing. If I could get a similar deal on other heroes it'd be pretty cool. That's potato tier dota though, so who cares :(

Acinixys

Thinking about it though, it would be kind of cool if there was a cheaper version of mek that's easier attainable as a 4 or 5 player. Maybe not exactly like mek but just a smaller aoe heal that sustains you in early fights. I often play witch doctor when I'm playing with a friend and the sustain you get from his heal coupled with the urn I often get is pretty amazing. If I could get a similar deal on other heroes it'd be pretty cool. That's potato tier dota though, so who cares :(

The thing is that Urn IS the cheap Mek

Will there be an audience for the Summit tournament?

No the LAN is at their casting house/studio

They do have a Twitch channel that is up for like 12 hours a day though

So you can see the casters and players and stuff

aeolist

Banned
Well that's a shame, audience adds so much excitement to the thing.

it's a really different kind of event than the usual LAN, none of the spectacle but the pros and casters are all hanging out and are entertaining as fuck. they also had the only known instance of a good all-star game last year which will hopefully happen again the same way.

Well that's a shame, audience adds so much excitement to the thing.

It will be much better imo with the all the pros hanging out watching the matches or cocasting while on camera. Last year you can clearly hear everyone in the house cheering in the finals too.

We also get to see the playing area for each Team and see their reactions.
Very casual and fun event.

Trickster

it's a really different kind of event than the usual LAN, none of the spectacle but the pros and casters are all hanging out and are entertaining as fuck. they also had the only known instance of a good all-star game last year which will hopefully happen again the same way.

Yeah I remember seeing this format for the homecoming cups in starcraft 2. It can definitely be entertaining. But I still think an audience is better for big grand finals, it just adds dat hype, you know? :p

NBtoaster

I'm pretty convinced Legion is a good hero again. Moment of courage is so good in lane now because you can just run down anyone with your high movespeed and get favorable trades because the lifesteal is actually significant, and you only need one point in it. Shadow blade all the time though, if you go blink blademail its trying to make her a teamfight hero when she is much better at going for pickoffs.

shira

Iirc no allstar. Pros didn't like it

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I'm pretty convinced Legion is a good hero again. Moment of courage is so good in lane now because you can just run down anyone with your high movespeed and get favorable trades because the lifesteal is actually significant, and you only need one point in it. Shadow blade all the time though, if you go blink blademail its trying to make her a teamfight hero when she is much better at going for pickoffs.

Blink/blademail is also used for pickoffs.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
SC2 is the only game you should have ladder anxiety about. It's not as big a deal in Dota 2. Don't be afraid of a number.

If I avoid ranked it's because matchmaking takes like four times as long.

i believe in u

I remember browsing when Purity Ring and Mirana and the Diamonds were recommended.

Both are great
goodjob.gif

I bet you'd win easily really since you've probably improved a lot. Just go for it.

--

So since I've only been doing unranked this patch I told myself I'd play support a lot more so I can improve and get a better understanding of how they play. Plus there's abunch of supports I've noteven played a game with yet...

Still picking carries like 95% of the time :/ I'm fuckin up.

The one game I picked Jakiro went well at least lol

it was about exactly as horrible as i anticipated!

'two bear, can you play carry'

'uhh sure but i'm not good at it'

*picks drow*

*other team immediately picks riki*

*person who asked me to go carry picks broodmother into a team consisting of bb, drow, np, and zeus*

'sorry, i'm not playing support against riki'

okay.

DrPizza

Banned
I still like Mek on Viper and Razor, but since I'm never going to build Greaves on those heroes, I feel it's somewhat wasted.

I actually played vs an LC who managed to farm a fast shadowblade in 9 minutes jungling then went for quick ganks. Rekt us hard.

Pratfall

*picks drow*

*person who asked me to go carry picks broodmother into a team consisting of bb, drow, np, and zeus*

okay.

You should get comfy with a better laner/less situational carry than drow so that you have a pocket carry. I know you play some WK but I would also say play Jugg until you are good with him, there are very few lineups that totally fuck over Jugg.

*picks drow*

okay.

I was in the same situation with drow once.

Decided I will go support drow.

never again lool

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
somehow we actually won

my team completely carried me, my farm was so set back by being ganked by riki

and then towards the end i started getting lag spikes up to 4k ping, gg wp cretinous fucking isp

but then riki abandoned when we got megacreeps, because riki players are bad people

and i got that lag error where their creeps turn into allies and i couldnt' target them

fucking looool

anyway so i'm now offically a 2k player, #roadto2k complete

Pratfall

jugg is horribly overrated.

honestly if u want a pocket carry just learn to play gyro/slark/naix

gyro and slark seem good too. I think at lower skill brackets Jugg isn't overrated. Very easy to last hit, can contribute to kills in lane and can team fight as soon as he hits 6.

oh yeah, that is what i meant. Like a carry you have in your back pocket to play when you don't know what to pick. Not pocket in the sense of being situational.

I still like Mek on Viper and Razor, but since I'm never going to build Greaves on those heroes, I feel it's somewhat wasted.
Mek isn't weaker now, greaves are just really strong. If you don't have a hero in your lineup that can get greaves at a decent time(Dark Seer, Undying, etc), going Mek on Razor, SF, Viper is still a good option.

somehow we actually won

and then towards the end i started getting lag spikes up to 4k ping, gg wp cretinous fucking isp

but then riki abandoned when we got megacreeps, because riki players are bad people

and i got that lag error where their creeps turn into allies and i couldnt' target them

fucking looool

i believed in u
sad.gif

inkls

Funny you mention Naix because in my experience he seems to remain a shit carry, like Alch and TB. Am I missing something?

This patch has alot of:

1) caster heroes which you kinda don't care about with rage (ex: ignoring 90% of gyro's dps early on)

2) strength/tank heroes which he excels against

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i believed in u
sad.gif

ty d-v

i should have believed in myself the power of my team to carry me there

literally the only thing i did 'well' in that game was avoiding behind killed by riki too many times; i was 1 6 by the end (which was actually the least deaths on my team)

well, i guess i also played cautiously and bought a lot of wards. i was obsessively staring at my agi to see if it went down when riki was nearby so i knew when to pop shadowblade/silver edge sdsdfj;klsdg

Ties

Banned
somehow we actually won

fucking looool

aww bb u improved so much ❤️

now learn enchantress

Big Dog

Mek has sucked ever since they added that extra 50- 100 mana cost. Made it too difficult to efficiently use as an early game support before 20 min and then there hasn't been much use in having one in the late game. I used to buy it on enigma but that extra mana cost ruined his mana pool.

This patch has alot of:

1) caster heroes which you kinda don't care about with rage (ex: ignoring 90% of gyro's dps early on)

2) strength/tank heroes which he excels against
He's kinda shit versus popular heroes like BM and QoP though, so many spells now going through magic immunity fucked him over.

Edit: I should rephrase, I meant strong heroes, BM is not a popular hero.

inkls

Mek has sucked ever since they added that extra 50- 100 mana cost. Made it too difficult to efficiently use as an early game support before 20 min and then there hasn't been much use in having one in the late game. I used to buy it on enigma but that extra mana cost ruined his mana pool.

More reasons to get arcanes then! And with the upgrade that combines them you can still buy boots of travel and consider GG a mek.

He's kinda shit versus popular heroes like BM and QoP though, so many spells now going through magic immunity fucked him over.

How is brood a tanky hero or a caster?

I agree on the QoP part, though I'd argue she was always ok vs him since he struggles vs mobility abilities/items.

kionedrik

How is brood a tanky hero or a caster?

I agree on the QoP part, though I'd argue she was always ok vs him since he struggles vs mobility abilities/items.

I think he meant Beastmaster.

The new blink put her over the top vs him, he can no longer handle her without basher/abyssal.

My experience with 6.84 is rather short, I didn't play that many games these last weeks, but the carries I've seen are the tier 2 picks of 6.83 (Tier 1 were Sniper and Troll), so I've seen Slark, PL, Jugg, PA, Gyro, SF a lot. That's why I was surprise when he was mentioned because he doesn't excel that well against many of them.

What I'd love to know is why the sudden rise in popularity of Shaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom