• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
wink.gif

How did QoP even get popular? No changes and she doesn't seem that good in a pro setting.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
How did QoP even get popular? No changes and she doesn't seem that good in a pro setting.

She's been buffed pretty much every patch for the last 20 patches (like Lina). She was hella popular last patch after her 6.83 buff; she wasn't buffed again in 6.84 because she already had close to 100% p/b in the final month of 6.83.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Shift towards early fighting favors QoP. She is a very competent mid. She was already on the rise in the previous patch, but superstars like Troll and Sniper overshadowed her. Octarine Core also gave her a better build path than stuff like Orchid or Sheepstick that try to build her like a clicker, because her real job is to delete half the enemy team's HP.

That feeling when you play Bounty Hunter and no one on the other team wants to come out and farm their lane or jungle because they're scared of you and every single hero on their team has detection essentially creating space for your Jugg to free farm. NP literally just TP into a lane to summon trees and ran away. But I knew it would EZ game because they let Dark Seer safe lane solo and he would ion shell one of my creeps...

Apparently my BH is pretty good since I'm 8-1.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1466869265

Could've had more kills but my friend would KS me with Zeus because he was behind lol.

Mohasus

That feeling when you play Bounty Hunter and no one on the other team wants to come out and farm their lane or jungle because they're scared of you and every single hero on their team has detection essentially creating space for your Jugg to free farm. NP literally just TP into a lane to summon trees and ran away.

Apparently my BH is pretty good since I'm 8-1.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1466869265

next time make the other team afraid to leave fountain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3X5RUsTbCE

xd

edit: fuck this game, 3 dodgers in a row i'll just play starless.

Hylian7

I don't get it. Lately I can't win with Faceless Void, or most safelane carries for some reason, but Faceless Void is one in particular that comes to mind, whether I random him, someone wants to swap me him, whatever.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1469059039 - This one I had today, I was doing okay, then needed BKB and MKB to be able to really have an impact on teamfights, and by the time I got them it felt like PA was already too big to handle so it didn't matter.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1469205515 - This was just a hard game in general, Slark was crazy fed, my teammates and I had arguments on decisions so concise decisions were not made resulting in failure.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1463885690 - This one was a few days ago, so I don't quite remember what happened here.

I don't get what I'm doing wrong with Void lately though, or is the hero just somehow bad now? I seriously doubt he's "just a bad hero" now though. I mean I farm, I've learned to be more active for fights and done so, and yet still lose to usually a fed/farmed carry one way or another.

TUSR

Banned
hylian a bunch of your chronos were missing their CC or healers

example, in the feeding qop game i watched:

1. the one team fight by rosh you chrono'ed on your high ground with half decent vision of the team. even then, you can choke them out of the high ground instead of where you placed it.

2. the rosh pit, your chrono was way too deep in the pit

you also said you couldnt join team fights or fight them until you have a bkb AND mkb. which isnt true.

Hylian7

hylian a bunch of your chronos were missing their CC or healers

example, in the feeding qop game i watched:

1. the one team fight by rosh you chrono'ed on your high ground with half decent vision of the team. even then, you can choke them out of the high ground instead of where you placed it.

2. the rosh pit, your chrono was way too deep in the pit

you also said you couldnt join team fights or fight them until you have a bkb AND mkb. which isnt true.
Good point on the Chronos. I will keep that in mind.

On the BKB and MKB thing, I joined fights without both, but it wasn't very successful as either I would get Euls'd under Chrono and then destroyed by PA who was untouchable without MKB. I didn't really see another way out of that one

TUSR

Banned
Good point on the Chronos. I will keep that in mind.

On the BKB and MKB thing, I joined fights without both, but it wasn't very successful as either I would get Euls'd under Chrono and then destroyed by PA who was untouchable without MKB. I didn't really see another way out of that one

the other team bunched up enough, im not sure how call down chronos werent a thing.

your team was very good at getting hit by AA too

your qop was actually awful

Hylian7

the other team bunched up enough, im not sure how call down chronos werent a thing.

your team was very good at getting hit by AA too

your qop was actually awful
They were sometimes, but still not clumped enough to get all 5.

I don't disagree about the QoP, but I'm not trying to focus on that.

Guy hovers over Spectre the whole time, we pick into Zeus and AA to compliment, last picks Anti-Mage instead, goes phase/vlads
cBj1LTf.png

I'm in the trench. Lost like 100 MMR today from silly things like that. First loss ever as AA
dac15_sad.gif

Again, remind me to pick not support for ranked.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Without looking at the game... I get the feeling you're playing him like you play Anti Mage.

Frankly, you should be looking for chronos the moment you hit 6. You can kill with treads, + chrono + one ally pretty reliably, especially if they do something stupid like dive. Every chrono should, ideally, translate to a reversal. If you're not looking out for these opportunities you might as well pick DK, Gyro or PA.

Played against an undying for the first time 6.84......
what a load of horse of shit. Worse than Troll.
and they had a pugna in their team so we had to kill the tomb then the ward or the fight is over.

Hylian7

Without looking at the game... I get the feeling you're playing him like you play Anti Mage.

Frankly, you should be looking for chronos the moment you hit 6. You can kill with treads, + chrono + one ally pretty reliably, especially if they do something stupid like dive. Every chrono should, ideally, translate to a reversal. If you're not looking out for these opportunities you might as well pick DK, Gyro or PA.
I actually was looking for kills with the Chrono, as I'm sure TUSR can confirm.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yeah as soon as you get Chrono you make a kill with it with Treads +1 then after you get MoM solo erreryone. Target Euls / people who can CC you in Chrono, get your free damage, team can pewpew after.
Man, mangoes are fucking delicious but I am completely incapable of eating one without making a mess.
pls

Yeah as soon as you get Chrono you make a kill with it with Treads +1 then after you get MoM solo erreryone. Target Euls / people who can CC you in Chrono, get your free damage, team can pewpew after.

pls

The best mangoes are those yellow ones and the green ones that are yellow inside.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Do you guys think battle fury needs a buff? The item is only really purchased by a few heroes, and feels underwhelming.

Hylian7

Do you guys think battle fury needs a buff? The item is only really purchased by a few heroes, and feels underwhelming.
It's an easy item to push into OP territory is the problem. I think the think of adding Quelling Blade to the recipe was a nice touch.

If anything, I could maybe see an increase in percent cleave? I know I have bought it a time or two to deal with illusions and it worked out pretty nicely. Most of the time on those situations though you are better off with a Maelstrom though.

I think anything that would put into more heroes' situational item list would be great.

Acinixys

tumblr_inline_nazc6jYF4z1smk3mv.jpg

bfury is fine right now. It's purpose is niche but indispensable.

Mek needs a buff and GG needs a nerf.

Mek needs to be cheaper IMO

In gold and mana cost

But it also needs to be a support only item, because its pointless getting GGs if your core gets a Mek

Fuck knows how you balance that though

Mek needs buff and Glimmer Cape needs a nerf. Self cast only please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom