• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Seems likely that the Compendium updates will come today. Hoping the challenge system gets revamped a bit. Having to wait so long for new challenges is a bummer.

Of course, it will. Remember:

You’ll still see an update to the Compendium this week though. Included in that update you’ll find new challenges, the Item Recycling system, and new ways to earn Compendium Points.

Also, Twitter lolz:

mU2xN5z.png

Mohasus

I don't understand how you can win all these games without a BKB on PA.

5 BKB in 25 games? WTF. Either you are really good at outfarming opponents, or what the hell is 4k...

BKB is overrated on pub games, most people don't have the coordination to chain stun you anyway.

Good positioning is enough most of the times.

FTGuDvn.jpg

Quickcast is amazing on her.

my MMR is up 400 points since 6.84

ty based icefrog

Me too. :D

Smithy C

My reasoning behind wanting to try this item is the -armor it gives. Of course the evasion/blind is a nice bonus.

MKB isn't usually something you rush on any carry, even vs PA, so the added evasion can be quite useful till then and even after he gets it I can disassemble the Solar Crest and use the talisman for a butterfly. The evasion will be useless against him but the +agi will be a nice thing to have.
Didn't know solar Crest could be disassembled, that's neat. If it's just the minus armour, I'd still be tempted to build medallion then get to work on bkb rather than invest in more evasion. Or just go full damage and build deso now that it's cheap.

kionedrik

why is doto much more fun to watch than actually play

- Because you're watching someone that is (much) better than you?
- Because since s/he is a "celebrity" the community (teammates and foes) aren't as toxic towards her/him and any misplay s/he does as they are against you?
- No ladder pressure?
- It's a much more social experience than actually playing the game?

There's probably more answers, these are what I thought about instantly

kionedrik

I had MKB the other day on Faceless Void and was still missing after I got Blinding Light'd. Why was that?

I had a discussion sometime ago with someone in here, sorry can't remember who, about Dazzle's Grave being useless vs Axe's Culling Blade. My argument was that the 2nd effect (Axe's insta-kill) overwrites the 1st effect (Dazzle's impossible to die) hence why he could kill the target. (from a programming point-of-view it makes sense)

Maybe it's something similar here. The Blinding Light overwrites the no-miss chance of MKB simply because it was cast after the MKB effect was in place? So it could mean that Solar Crest could still blind a target with MKB...

I was playing Faceless Void. I had the MKB, got Blinding Lighted under Chronosphere. I was missing. What happened?

I think you are mixing up your 2 last void games.

In the first you had mkb and the enemy didnt have kotl
In the second you didnt have mkb and they had a kotl of the light

bbd23

HEY BRUNO, I'M TRYING TO LEARN TO PLAY SPIRIT BREAKER. I JUST HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE SKILL BUILD: SHOULD I MAX CHARGE LIKE YOU CHARGED AWAY FROM US, EMPOWERING HASTE SO I CAN RUN FAST LIKE YOU DID FROM US, OR GREATER BASH LIKE YOU BASHED OUR HOPES OF HEARING YOU CAST A GAME OF DOTA 2 AGAIN. OR SHOULD I MAX STATS, LIKE THE STATSMAN YOU ONCE WERE.

HEY BRUNO, I'M TRYING TO LEARN TO PLAY SPIRIT BREAKER. I JUST HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE SKILL BUILD: SHOULD I MAX CHARGE LIKE YOU CHARGED AWAY FROM US, EMPOWERING HASTE SO I CAN RUN FAST LIKE YOU DID FROM US, OR GREATER BASH LIKE YOU BASHED OUR HOPES OF HEARING YOU CAST A GAME OF DOTA 2 AGAIN. OR SHOULD I MAX STATS, LIKE THE STATSMAN YOU ONCE WERE.

BnB8fnOCAAA6FVl.png:large

edit: Those highlight reels are pretty shitty.. you can't make out what's happening at all. The Chinese tournaments do those clips well.

shira

Thet kotol guy sponsor plug :rof/;

Also BTS changes music to souncloud, joindota switches to monstercat lol

Trickster

Man I hate having a new ward be available every 3 min. Such an annoyance as a support. It was nice and straightforward last patch. Every 6 min, you go grab the new wards and place those, done.

Now i feel like I have to constantly check if there's a ward off cd so I can pick up that single ward and then spend time running across the map to place that one ward for vision..ugh. Small but terrible change that makes me really dislike playing support

Acinixys

http://www.twitch.tv/slahserdota
slahser is on

hopefully he makes that mangolian scepter Kappa

Fuck that

I want to see roaming, max upheaval mango spamming warlock

aka

MANGOLOCK

Man I hate having a new ward be available every 3 min. Such an annoyance as a support. It was nice and straightforward last patch. Every 6 min, you go grab the new wards and place those, done.

Now i feel like I have to constantly check if there's a ward off cd so I can pick up that single ward and then spend time running across the map to place that one ward for vision..ugh. Small but terrible change that makes me really dislike playing support

Just buy them 2 at a time

:D

Trickster

Just buy them 2 at a time

:D

And then your team goes "WE NEED VISION GET WARD"

I've had people, including my friends, get annoyed because there's a single ward off cd in the shop. And I can honestly sorta understand why, if we're missing vision, and there's a ward available, why should the support do their job and get the ward placed somewhere usefull. The problem is that that kind of min maxing in the support role is super fucking annoying to do, at least for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom