• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, has the summit forgot that their branding is being a homestory like cup? From what I have heard, the steam is pretty awful.

bbd23

LMAO EE
cBj1LTf.png

G.ZZZ

This ain't funny to watch at all, you basically watch first 5 mins then play heartshstone because theg ae 's already vero

G.ZZZ

This message was hidden because it was written by a random 4k americlap

cBj1LTf.png

Jokes aside, deathballs have never been a problem in pubs. This patch would've been fine with just the new items, hero changes and gold distribution change. The nerf on comeback gold/creeps gold make comp games just so unwatchable i'm seriously hoping for an emergency 6.84c because if after 2 weeks tournaments are already this bad it's gonna be even worse than TI4.

Hylian7

cBj1LTf.png

Jokes aside, deathballs have never been a problem in pubs. This patch would've been fine with just the new items, hero changes and gold distribution change. The nerf on comeback gold make comp games just so unwatchable i'm seriously hoping for an emergency 6.84c because if after 2 weeks tournaments are already this bad it's gonna be even worse than TI4.

Deathball really can be a problem in pubs, I've seen games lost that are only dragged out just because the other team is just playing with their food before ending it (aka not grouping up and pushing to end).

cBj1LTf.png

Jokes aside, deathballs have never been a problem in pubs. This patch would've been fine with just the new items, hero changes and gold distribution change. The nerf on comeback gold make comp games just so unwatchable i'm seriously hoping for an emergency 6.84c because if after 2 weeks tournaments are already this bad it's gonna be even worse than TI4.

and only a few games had this deathball boring fest. There were some great games in TI4
So far every game deathball shit.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
cBj1LTf.png

Jokes aside, deathballs have never been a problem in pubs. This patch would've been fine with just the new items, hero changes and gold distribution change. The nerf on comeback gold/creeps gold make comp games just so unwatchable i'm seriously hoping for an emergency 6.84c because if after 2 weeks tournaments are already this bad it's gonna be even worse than TI4.

ee is highlighting my issue with the comeback mechanic of 6.82/6.83 (rubberband) right now:

He's talking about how shortly after 6.82 he didn't give a shit about the draft, just yolo draft and pick terrorblade, get outplayed the whole game, down 50-20 in kills (c9 being the 20), yet still win the game because of the rubberband. Shit like that should never happen. The comeback mechanic took a lot of the strategy out of the drafting stage and marginalized the laning stage. You can argue that now the drafting and/or laning stage is too important, but I'd rather see some happy balance between 6.83's comeback mechanic and 6.84's lack thereof. Meet in the middle with small buffs to the xp/gold factor.

I vastly prefer "deathball" over the Dota 2 Kart Rubberband. It was super annoying being a support and your carry diving past highground and suddenly the enemy team has like 2 new items :))))))))))))))))))))))))

G.ZZZ

Deathball really can be a problem in pubs, I've seen games lost that are only dragged out just because the other team is just playing with their food before ending it (aka not grouping up and pushing to end).

TI4 came toward the end of 6.82 life and we had several tournaments before nowhere as deathballish. EG played super greed style up to TI4 where they came third.

This summit tournament for now it's just a disaster.

ee is highlighting my issue with the comeback mechanic of 6.82/6.83 (rubberband) right now:

He's talking about how shortly after 6.82 he didn't give a shit about the draft, just yolo draft and pick terrorblade, get outplayed the whole game, down 50-20 in kills (c9 being the 20), yet still win the game because of the rubberband. Shit like that should never happen. The comeback mechanic took a lot out of the drafting stage and marginalized the laning stage. You can argue that now the drafting stage/laning is too important, but I'd rather see some happy balance between 6.83's comeback mechanic and 6.84's lack thereof. Meet in the middle with small buffs to the xp/gold factor.

Yeah FATA even said that they got so outplayed that game yet still won

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom