• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

It can be at times. Most of the time, no. But watching secret methodically pick apart LGD, and take some big fights on the back of Kuroky's play (both his rubick and wisp) was still entertaining. But yeah, you don't want every game to be a stomp.

When your favorite team is stomping a rival (in any sport, not just esports), it's oddly satisfying and fun :).

Stomp apologists smh

When u consider that u could've watched the first 10 mins of all those games and then turned them off, with a single exception, yeah it's bad.

Games in 6.83 weren't even that long. DAC average was 38 mins, compared to 39 of TI4 and 25 mins of the summit. With the difference that DAC games weren't stupid games where you had one team winning at min 10 and then dragging it for 15 more mins like the Shitmit. In fact, DAC had probably the best games of every tournament since TI3 and till today. But no, the cumeback, bad teams wins, not fair
aaaah.gif

You're right GZZZ, I SHOULD be seeing a
twitch_emoticon___babyrage_by_centaurman_plz-d8qd8y4.png
after every one of your posts.

shira

Feel like tomorrow will have some good matches. All 4 teams are butthurt.
Step up, or get eliminated.

0-2 vs 0-2 teams playing (loser takes $6.6k)
then 2-2 vs 2-2 teams playing (loser takes $9.3k, winner guaranteed $26.6k)

The format is quite good at weeding out the shit; winning 4 games gets you a 3-4x more cash.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It can be at times. Most of the time, no. But watching secret methodically pick apart LGD, and take some big fights on the back of Kuroky's play (both his rubick and wisp) was still entertaining. But yeah, you don't want every game to be a stomp.

When your favorite team is stomping a rival (in any sport, not just esports), it's oddly satisfying and fun (i.e. eg getting shitslammed by c9 :).

yeah, it can be more this I guess

i guess the point is, you don't want stomps unless one team is simply masterclassing the other. if one team hasn't played simply extraordinarily, then a stomp feels cheap. imo that means they should be comparatively rare in high-level dota.

Mordeccai

I AM SO MOTHATRUCKIN HYPED

I just got an Evo 850 ssd and a GTX 970 in the mail today, first ever SSD and upgrading from a 7870

Unfortunately the fuckers at Samsung didn't include a sata cable. sorry samsung I paid a shit ton of dollars and a damn sata is too expensive for you to include.

When I install this shit Sunday once I get my cables, I'm gonna play so much doto with my fancy ass card

jk I'm abandoning ship and finally playing Evil Within, and come monday Witcher 3 bitches

fuck this undying/gyro and deathball meta im OUT
HBoYecp.gif
HBoYecp.gif
HBoYecp.gif

Quesa

I wonder how many games of dota I'll be able to catch while I play Stretchmo tomorrow.

Hopefully the games last as long as these puzzles.

Evil Within is a good, if sloppy game.

bbd23

I just got an Evo 850 ssd and a GTX 970 in the mail today, first ever SSD and upgrading from a 7870

Unfortunately the fuckers at Samsung didn't include a sata cable. sorry samsung I paid a shit ton of dollars and a damn sata is too expensive for you to include.

When I install this shit Sunday once I get my cables, I'm gonna play so much doto with my fancy ass card

jk I'm abandoning ship and finally playing Evil Within, and come monday Witcher 3 bitches

fuck this undying/gyro and deathball meta im OUT
HBoYecp.gif
HBoYecp.gif
HBoYecp.gif
i just upgraded from a 7870 to a 970 too.

its magical.

WITCHER HYPE

TUSR

Banned
http://blog.dota2.com/2015/05/compendium-level-up/

Today’s update brings new ways to earn Compendium Coins and Levels.

The Ten Hero Challenge returns from last year, and gives all Compendium owners the chance to earn additional Compendium Levels by winning matchmaking games with a selection of heroes. The Ten Hero Challenge can be completed up to three times with a different selection of heroes for a total of 450 points (4.5 Levels).

We’ve also brought back Item Recycling. Whenever you recycle any 10 items, you’ll earn 25 points toward a Compendium Level as well as a Charm of the Crucible Jewel II. There are also three Compendium Achievements for Charms to help you earn more Compendium Points. If you have extra TI5 Compendium Immortals, you can consume them to gain two Compendium Levels by right-clicking on them in your Armory.

All Compendium owners will now have an additional slot for hero-specific challenges in their list of in-game challenges, which will award both Compendium Coins and points toward Compendium Levels when completed.

Now that Team invites are out, don’t forget to vote for your favorite players to participate in this year’s All-Stars event. Completing this task will grant you 50 Compendium Points.

Compendium Additions
Added a fourth Challenge, which is always a Hero specific Challenge, and rewards completion with both Compendium Coins & Points.
Challenges are now available in Captains Mode, Captains Draft, Random Draft, Single Draft, and All Random game modes.
Ten Hero Challenge added to compendium, also enabled on the above mentioned modes. This year you can do the Ten Hero challenge 3 times for a total of 450 Compendium Points (4.5 Levels).
You can now destroy an Immortal to gain 200 Compendium Points for each.
Added back the Item Recycling system. You can now recycle 10 items for a Charm of the Crucible Jewel II and 25 Compendium points.
Added 3 Recycle Charm Achievements. Create 1 Charm, Create 10 Charms, and Open 8 Charms. Worth 50, 125, and 200 points respectively.
Added All-Star match voting (provides 50 Compendium Points).

Other Changes
Updated Kill gold Chat message now shows the accurate amount of gold the killer receives (Includes proximity gold).
Fixed the following abilities from attempting to target Zombies (since they do not affect them): Eclipse, Eye of the Storm and Diabolic Edict.
Fixed Searing Arrows always requiring a small amount of mana to do damage even if the manacost was already paid for.
Fixed permanent Split Shot on Rubick.
Fixed Enchantress weapon offset bug.
Fixed 100% proc events sometimes failing in rare cases.
Various tooltip adjustments and fixes.
Removed the per-game pet limit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/360c1h/dota_2_update_main_client_may_14_2015/

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sometimes it hard to tell if your team mate is intentionally feeding, just doesn't know what to do when they are losing, bought their account, or some kid playing on their friend's account.

I like how Valve already ditched the pet limit.

Mohasus

They don't because it comes with your motherboard.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
C9 still has Aui and Pieliedie listed instead of Notail in the allstar vote. I now have 2 Aui's in my Allstar team, he can just micro both heroes.

manfestival

I had a scab and I ripped it out and there is a tiny hole in my leg. How long until this hole goes away? I am going crazy at the thought of there being a small hole in my leg

JambiBum

Does anyone know how to discard the immortals in order to get points? You can't recycle them and right clicking them and hitting delete doesn't say that it will give you points.

ksan

just watched a little bit of today's vods, why even watch dota when secret has s4 and rtz?

also, happiest day of my life!! just turned in my master's thesis 4 hours ago!!

bbd23

Challenges are now available in Captains Mode, Captains Draft, Random Draft, Single Draft, and All Random game modes.

HBoYecp.gif
HBoYecp.gif
HBoYecp.gif
HBoYecp.gif
HBoYecp.gif
HBoYecp.gif
HBoYecp.gif
HBoYecp.gif
HBoYecp.gif
HBoYecp.gif
HBoYecp.gif

Epix

Does anyone know how to discard the immortals in order to get points? You can't recycle them and right clicking them and hitting delete doesn't say that it will give you points.

When I right click on a TI5 immortal I see the option "Consume for 2 levels"

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
just watched a little bit of today's vods, why even watch dota when secret has s4 and rtz?

also, happiest day of my life!! just turned in my master's thesis 4 hours ago!!

congratulations!! i still remember finishing my masters like it was yesterday!!! and not three years ago!!!!!!

cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

Zoon

Got to 4k!
Also does anyone know how do I stun 2 enemies at once with invoker?I thought tornado or qwe blast don't count as stuns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom