• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
5 sub balls death today is invictive the secret demoli

I don't think you can deny the deathball meta anymore. I mean LGD has 2 balls (Snowball, Energyball) to NT's one (Cowball).

It's no surprise LGD is winning.

Radec

Just invite the best 8 teams by your own reckoning, don't artificially force tournament slots to regions of the world which don't have teams good enough to justify them.

This.

Empire, VP, MY could have given a better game than Rave and NT.

G.ZZZ

stupid ass pc masterrace bullshit, good riddance.

Console plebians
cBj1LTf.png
cBj1LTf.png

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
this patch sucks. give 6.83 but with troll and sniper nerfs

Na, just needs a lil tweaking is all. 6.83 was by far the worst patch in dota history imo (of the patches ive played)--troll and sniper were way out of hand and the overtuned comeback mechanic took away a core part of the game.

This patch seems to encourage killing above all else (which is what most people wanted out of dota); however, it looks to have maybe taken it a bit too far. There's no longer any reason to farm for an extended amount of time or much downtime between fights. You have the laning stage, then you have the kill kill kill stage. This isn't a push oriented deathball (hence why you don't see lycan, ss, and dp though all 3 are plenty viable--I still think lycan is a tier 1 pick this patch but pro's don't seem to care about him). It's snowball off kills rather than towers like TI4.

Little nudges to slow the game down and encourage some farming downtime like +tower armor or +creep bounty is what I wanna see. Maybe a 5-10% buff to the gold/xp factor (comeback mechanic), but I NEVER want to see that return to 6.82 or even 6.83 levels, ever.

snowball is probably a better word than deathball to describe the current style of play, more focus on 'killing' with towers being the byproduct rather than 'towers' with a few kills being the byproduct

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I gotta say though, all this talk about 6.84 is just about competitive to me. Pubs have been extremely enjoyable (way better than the pubs of the last 3-4 patches), and everything feels fun and usable (item, strat, hero) with no troll or sniper in sight (yet). Visage, Ursa, and Undying were dealt with pretty quickly.

G.ZZZ

6.82 was also a pretty good pub patch tbh, outside of meepo and Ebola spirit. 5-man snowballs in pubs never really worked anyway.

Na, just needs a lil tweaking is all. 6.83 was by far the worst patch in dota history imo (of the patches ive played)--troll and sniper were way out of hand and the overtuned comeback mechanic took away a core part of the game.

This patch seems to encourage killing above all else (which is what most people wanted out of dota); however, it looks to have maybe taken it a bit too far. There's no longer any reason to farm for an extended amount of time or much downtime between fights. You have the laning stage, then you have the kill kill kill stage. This isn't a push oriented deathball (hence why you don't see lycan, ss, and dp though all 3 are plenty viable--I still think lycan is a tier 1 pick this patch but pro's don't seem to care about him). It's snowball off kills rather than towers like TI4.

Little nudges to slow the game down and encourage some farming downtime like +tower armor or +creep bounty is what I wanna see. Maybe a 5-10% buff to the gold/xp factor (comeback mechanic), but I NEVER want to see that return to 6.82 or even 6.83 levels, ever.

Yeah they should bring back part of farming strategy back because all kills lead to these fast games and makes coming back too hard. Even if the losing team gets a teamwipe the carry still wont get the most of the bounty.

Nobody is going to pick Elder Titan until he's OP again.

Elder who now?

G.ZZZ

Yeah they should bring back part of farming strategy back because all kills lead to these fast games and makes coming back too hard. Even if the losing team gets a teamwipe the carry still wont get the most of the bounty.

Elder who now?

Tbh i think ET is already super good. 1.2 channel stun is much more reliable now, and 5 seconds sleeps on 11 sec cd? The hero can setup some absudrly strong fights. Need his ulti to be 2 lines, one from hero and one from spirit, both doing 18% hp in magic or physical damage

Hylian7

The thing I don't like about this patch is how it has really cut out the rewards of efficient farming. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying encourage AFK farming, but it's almost to the point where it's much less rewarding to be like "I need a bit of farm for one more item before I can really fight well." because if you aren't there killing them, you are missing out.

AM is kind of case in point in this, as he's effectively not that great this patch as you have to do "battle AM" or you basically lose, and even then, battle AM isn't that great compared to other more early-game oriented carries, so he pretty much loses.

xanavi

Tbh i think ET is already super good. 1.2 channel stun is much more reliable now, and 5 seconds sleeps on 11 sec cd? The hero can setup some absudrly strong fights. Need his ulti to be 2 lines, one from hero and one from spirit, both doing 18% hp in magic or physical damage

Except in 4k bracket people immediately attack a slept target ruining any initiation.

I gotta say though, all this talk about 6.84 is just about competitive to me. Pubs have been extremely enjoyable (way better than the pubs of the last 3-4 patches), and everything feels fun and usable (item, strat, hero) with no troll or sniper in sight (yet). Visage, Ursa, and Undying were dealt with pretty quickly.

agree with this. I enjoy playing pubs a lot while trying new items. Maybe it's just that competitive teams have a more clearer goal and strategy so objectives are met earlier and mistakes are punished heavily.

The thing I don't like about this patch is how it has really cut out the rewards of efficient farming. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying encourage AFK farming, but it's almost to the point where it's much less rewarding to be like "I need a bit of farm for one more item before I can really fight well." because if you aren't there killing them, you are missing out.

AM is kind of case in point in this, as he's effectively not that great this patch as you have to do "battle AM" or you basically lose, and even then, battle AM isn't that great compared to other more early-game oriented carries, so he pretty much loses.

AM has a 44% winrate in 6.84 pubs vs 43% in 6.83 pubs, and a 60% winrate in 6.84 pro games(only 15 game sample size though) vs ~44% in 6.83. I think hard carries are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom