• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satch

Banned
i dont have those except for 109

he always playing storm and sf
facepalm.gif

G.ZZZ

6.83 was the first patch to actually made me lose interest in the game. A lot of friends who used to play regularly just gradually quit one after another just because of how bad a patch it was. While this patch seems to favour early game heroes by a quite a bit, I think it exposes bad drafts and punishes bad line ups and shitty lanes more. You could suck at Dota in 6.83 and win based on comeback mechanics alone. There was literally no skill involved in winning a game with Sniper in that patch as he is an inherently good base defender and could nullify anything you've done for the past 30 minutes. And 45% pickrate, yeah, very fun. Never has Dota 2 been as unrewading.

55% win rate = no skill involved uheuheuhehu

62% win rate = patch better finally
crazy.gif

Literally nothing you could do before against a 55% wr scrub 3k winning 6k games ez

DrPizza

Banned
I play a combination of whatever I feel is fun balanced with what my team needs. Typically this means I play some sort of support hero, which is fine because support is my favorite role, but sometimes I get to play cool carries like Bloodseeker or Luna.

By the way Luna Aghs is SUPER good and you should pick it up asap on this hero.

I feel like casting it onto a Riki or some other invis hero could be an excellent trench tier dick move.

kionedrik

I saw a video of a Luna casting eclipse on a friendly Wisp who would immediately relocate to the enemy fountain as an enemy was respawning.

Result: Dead enemy in 2 or 3 seconds.

Rising solo mmr is such a chore, I have been rising party mmr pretty easily, but how the hell i'm supposed to consistently win ranked solo when I get players who pick supports that won't buy wards because "'I'm rushing mek" or a LC that will spend his whole time jungling disregarding any teammates or towers and will call "gg team noob" after noticing how the enemy has eaten most of our tower.

I love it too when they call you out after dying in lane for not "supporting" when you are pulling creeps while they keep auto attacking and pushing a lane consisting of CM, lion and Chaos Knight....

Pratfall

Rising solo mmr is such a chore, I have been rising party mmr pretty easily, but how the hell i'm supposed to consistently win ranked solo when I get players who pick supports that won't buy wards because "'I'm rushing mek" or a LC that will spend his whole time jungling disregarding any teammates or towers and will call "gg team noob" after noticing how the enemy has eaten most of our tower.

I love it too when they call you out after dying in lane for not "supporting" when you are pulling creeps while they keep auto attacking and pushing a lane consisting of CM, lion and Chaos Knight....

dont try and raise your solo MMR?

kionedrik

'blink and stun 3 people with sand king'

sure i guess i'll just turn into s4 overnight
dac15_fantastic.gif
dac15_fantastic.gif
dac15_fantastic.gif

You should be happy. There are people reporting similar "blink and stun X people with Y hero" challenges with invoker. Doubt that's even possible...

Of all the heroes to do this, SK is probably the easiest

Acti

Am I the only one that cant do the hero challenges? I've won two times already with Jakiro and it didn't count... FUCK!

Wok

If you cannot rise on the MMR ladder, then this is the MMR you deserve.

Try different heroes. Maybe you have a higher MMR for another one.

dont try and raise your solo MMR?

Sounds like a plan. TBH i don't care too much about it (I would have made a a smurf by now) but I think like it was said before, MMR should be reset after a certain amount of time, I don't think it would be too far-fetched to make it so that every player resets into the average MMR of their current skill bracket.

If you cannot rise on the MMR ladder, then this is the MMR you deserve.

Try different heroes. Maybe you have a higher MMR for another one.

Oh I have rised it, got calibrated into 900, and now I'm 1100, yeah don't feel like going through with it any further.

Actually before calibrating I played mostly ability draft so not sure how it affected the "invisible" mmr if at all.

kionedrik

Oh I have rised it, got calibrated into 900, and now I'm 1100, yeah don't feel like going through with it any further.

Actually before calibrating I played mostly ability draft so not sure how it affected the "invisible" mmr if at all.

The best, and perhaps only, way to rise in MMR is play high impact heroes. Carries that can solo carry or split push, self-sustained mids and offlaners, supports that can get solo kills, etc. If you go for gimmicky heroes or ones that require a ton of teamwork to work you're fighting a loosing game from the start.

Luckily as you rise you'll be able to use those gimmicky heroes once in a while because your teammates will actually start to realize how to take advantage of them.

Wok

After reading that thread on Reddit, I believe Bruno is IceFrog.

MfrPfBY.png

Bulba asked Bruno "why didn't you take my suggestion"
https://youtu.be/SWu-1eQOVPs?t=23m
Bulba told Bruno "I thought Dazzle was pretty good in this version but you just gave him another buff"
https://youtu.be/SWu-1eQOVPs?t=1496

15 seconds after the 2nd time LD slipped the name IceFrog in that cast, he was IMMEDIATELY EJECTED from the cast for 8 minutes
http://youtu.be/PH9RVwoH81g?t=37m42s

so why was bruno living in Sweden for last 2-3 years instead of working in Seattle ?
also people making jokes = facts now?
get this reddit shit post outta here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom