• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played Radiance/octarine core necro and I'm never going back

dotabuf pls
blush.gif
blush.gif

sven's ult so powerful, ur puny network couldnt handle it. the beast has become too big for valve to contain. the chamber of secrets has been opened, enemies of the heir beware
ashot_sven.gif
ashot_sven.gif
ashot_sven.gif
ashot_sven.gif
ashot_sven.gif
ashot_sven.gif
ashot_sven.gif

Mordeccai

head meet fucking desk where do some of these people learn to play dota

bristle on team has all the fucking mana in the world bcuz I pick CM to beef him up. dude builds blademail and crimsonguard. that shti doesnt even make sense, you want to reflect reduced dmg from your back AND more dmg reduction from CG

then despite tanking up dude sits in teh back of team fights and never fucking initiates.

god dammit I hate this game
rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif
just gonna play IHL and gtfo of dota for a few weeks

I rerolled my 10 heroes and got Io

Welp, looks like I won't be getting these points.

Io is easy hero, don't play it as a ward bitch in pubs, and stick to the only good player in your team. Don't build mek it is too expensive to actually get it early unless your team is drowning in cash and no one else got it.

Bottle is core, urn is good but not core, solar crest is really good.

Get Armlet

horse.gif

Do you guys tend to stick to a small pool of heroes and master them, or play a little bit of everything?

Personally I can't help myself and try and play almost anything, even though there are a few heroes I'm very comfortable on, but that I've played enough that I'm kinda bored of them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Do you guys tend to stick to a small pool of heroes and master them, or play a little bit of everything?

Personally I can't help myself and try and play almost anything, even though there are a few heroes I'm very comfortable on, but that I've played enough that I'm kinda bored of them.

Which ever I feel like. Playing so long, sometimes I feel like playing the same hero 50 games in a row, and other times I random for months straight. I think alternating them is really best, playing a single core set of heroes allows you to focus on the games more rather then the hero, and randoming gives you a chance to focus on areas of the game you don't think about much.

There is no wrong way to approach it. I personally played with a small pool until I was comfortable not only with that pool, but also with as many of the little things going on in the game that I might otherwise miss trying to understand my hero.

Personally that worked for me and I got a handle on different items and map mechanics faster than I probably would have otherwise. YMMV.

JambiBum

I like to play pretty much every hero but I have a few heroes that are my favorite that I like to think I'm pretty good with.

If I had a nickel for every time my team whines "don't random in ranked!"

Seriously, they put the button there for a reason.

I could understand if you randomed techies twice in a row, but that's pretty unlikely. If you know how to play the heroes who fucking cares?

I could understand if you randomed techies twice in a row, but that's pretty unlikely. If you know how to play the heroes who fucking cares?

Exactly. I've been through my A-Z challenge so I at least have a cursory knowledge of all the heroes. I think most people just pick a few they like and stick to them and that's why they can't understand that random is okay.

Artanisix

I play a combination of whatever I feel is fun balanced with what my team needs. Typically this means I play some sort of support hero, which is fine because support is my favorite role, but sometimes I get to play cool carries like Bloodseeker or Luna.

By the way Luna Aghs is SUPER good and you should pick it up asap on this hero.

I did the hero specific challenge and it acted as though it gave me the coins and such at the end of the match, but when I check the compendium it's incomplete and I didn't get anything. lol. Bugged?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
4k baby, the Dirge goes on and on.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3496710/Dotapics/4kMMRBaby.jpg[img]
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3496710/Dotapics/undyingBallencedHero.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

What's the point of this? I don't get what's proven by raising your MMR by spamming a hero that's strong in the meta? You see people in pro streams all that time that either boosted or spammed a strong hero to get a higher rating and they're clueless about actual high level play and it's obvious even to a trench scrub like myself when they're playing next to actually skilled players.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
i gotta ask guys what do you think about OD? Is he in a good place atm?

He likely is in terms of balance, but I still wish he would get a rework, he just isn't fun. If Icefrog ever wanted to really make him better, I think all he really needs is a move speed buff.

I think Soul Rip is really the spell that makes Undying OP. Tombstone is really good still, but Soul Rip just allows you to keep people in fights so damn long, healing 400+ every 6 seconds.

TUSR

Banned

if you are playing solo ranked, i typically fill whatever position the team needs. but really, just play a bunch of heroes and avoid the high skill ceiling ones. another approach would be to learn roles instead of heroes and understand what you need to be doing as each.

Hylian7

If your team has first pick you shouldn't random either, you're robbing your team of a tactical advantage.

If it was an organized pub I would agree with you, but you have to realize pub teams are usually disorganized as all hell so it hardly matters, most picks after first pick are just reactionary.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hey, he also played Tinker before he got nerfed a bit.

He played over 500 games as him.

Edit: Oh, I read that wrong, I read it as played tinker a bit before he got nerfed.

On another note, I don't think I have seen a legit BoTs 2 purchase yet. I have also not seen any Lotus Orbs outside the first few days, and nearly no Solar Crests.

Hylian7

He played over 500 games as him.

Edit: Oh, I read that wrong, I read it as played tinker a bit before he got nerfed.

On another note, I don't think I have seen a legit BoTs 2 purchase yet. I have also not seen any Lotus Orbs outside the first few days, and nearly no Solar Crests.

I've gotten it on Tinker a few times. Shit's legit to get to a lategame Rosh pit fight or something or one of those cases where the creep line just isn't close enough to where you need to be, and you don't have something else to use BoTs 1 on.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So apparently Summoner's Rift decided they really wanted to make a roster change, so they are no longer in the American Qualifiers, and will be competing in the open qualifiers instead. They dropped miraclechipmunk for Dragonfist.

jew

Banned
GRANT = SAVAGE.

Satch

Banned
i cannot STAND queen of pop

ive been trying to go back to learning it and it still gives me aids
tears.gif
i dont know what her limit is so i stay overextending
tears.gif
back to bots i guess
tears.gif

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I haven't played ranked in 9 months so I guess I'm still in second place by not playing. 3.750 shitter 5ever
tears.gif

Debated grinding ranked AP but decided against it due to sanity.

Won an 80 minute techies game instead. Buffs are ridiculously strong I don't see why Techies got them. Stasis is broken and you can burst with mine+suicide now where you couldn't before it actually makes no sense.
anuxi_tech.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom