• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
20 minute games boys

Oh wait.
dac15_fade.gif

who is it with the short memories? one game in two days is suddenly the rule and not the exception?
dac15_fade.gif
dac15_fade.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
20 minute games boys

Oh wait.
dac15_fade.gif

i think that game pretty much showed that when a team like vici/secret go all out early game, establish a huge lead, and then make very few to no mistakes, you ain't coming back. rave just showed that despite having a 20k+ xp/gold lead, if you make mistakes, the enemy can come back and you can get punished... the better team wins

this is what dota is all about, not some forced artificial garbage where a 3:2 trade in your favor gives the enemy team a net gain of 3k gold and 6k xp because they got shitslammed in the early game

who is it with the short memories? one game in two days is suddenly the rule and not the exception?
dac15_fade.gif
dac15_fade.gif

https://www.dotabuff.com/esports/leagues/2877/matches

i think that's pretty ironic considering a few summit bo3's make cause people to completely forget about the entire redbull tournament which was filled with great games--20 min games, 70 min games, 45 min games, stomps, close games, comebacks all around, and probably the best goddam finals in a loooong time

JambiBum

dac15_fade.gif
dac15_fade.gif

Everyone who has forgotten about Red Bull and the like. That's who has the short memories. Like Bokr said, if you win early game and make no mistakes then you should snowball and be able to win in 20-30 mins which is what we have been seeing. Rave won the early game but made mistakes and ended up losing for it.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I agree with gzz that this is an early game oriented patch (that has marginalized some agi carries)—it's all about winning your lanes, and there's room for changes to bring back the late game (i.e. small buff to the comeback mechanic or reverting the t2/t3 tower armor and creep bounty nerfs). But I don't think we need to get out the pitch forks, reminisce about the good ol' 6.83 days, warn everyone about the 6.84-pocolypseand demand a kneejerk 6.84c over a few rather unspectacular bo3's.

The majority of games leading up the summit have been great, and who knows, the summit isn't over yet—maybe we'll get a decent playoff that resembles the rave/eg game and redbull tourney.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I agree with gzz that this is an early game oriented patch—it's all about winning your lanes, and there's room for changes to bring back the late game (i.e. small buff to the comeback mechanic or reverting the t2/t3 tower armor and creep bounty nerfs). But I don't think we need to get out the pitch forks, reminisce about the good ol' 6.83 days, warn everyone about the 6.84-pocolypseand demand a kneejerk 6.84c over a few rather unspectacular bo3's.
I don't know a single person who's SERIOUSLY suggested that what we need to do is bring back 6.83. Please stawp with this red herring.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I don't know a single person who's SERIOUSLY suggested that what we need to do is bring back 6.83. Please stawp with this red herring.

You'd be surprised, there were definitely a few that wanted 6.83 but with small changes (i.e. sniper/troll nerfs). And there's truly nothing wrong with that, everyone's got different tastes and expectations when it comes to dota :p.

Hylian7

I would be okay with 6.83 without hoho haha, troll, and extreme rubber band, but I guess that wouldn't really be 6.83, now would it?

manfestival

im looking at the results of the summit and man these matches are short! Lots of diversity in the hero line ups though. Still strange to see every series go 2-0

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Thats what I noticed. Games in europe west with high mmr euros are easier than other regions. Can't deny the inflation tbh

It was the same thing in hon and wow too, always da euro inflation. Lucily, I've come up with an easy formula for converting euro mmr to na mmr, The Anbhogo Theorem: (EURO MMR - 250)*0.85 = NA MMR.
**note this theorem only applies to dota mmr, my wow and hon equations are different
**this formula has been developed after years of observing our hongaf euros and ksan

guna win a nobel prize pretty soon

Sanjay

Thats what I noticed. Games in europe west with high mmr euros are easier than other regions. Can't deny the inflation tbh

Its inflated at that 1% where the MMR does not trickle down just like American economy. Trenches will forever remain in the trench no matter what region your in.

This is exactly how you get raxed before 20 minutes

Sometimes you just concede a tower instead of tping in one by one.

Jesus why would you contest rosh just let them take it

aeolist

Banned
i do think the comeback gold shouldn't have been nerfed, or it should have been a smaller nerf at least. making a comeback against a team with a big lead in this game is incredibly hard and should be rewarded.

makes the game more exciting to watch too.

xanavi

but its not an inflated trench

Well, sanjay was saying that only the top 1% of players had inflated mmr though I don't really know how you'd be able to measure that.

I thought you were saying that the Canadian trench was somehow different from other regions. My b.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom