• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burning Brewmaster Kreygasm
i do think the comeback gold shouldn't have been nerfed, or it should have been a smaller nerf at least. making a comeback against a team with a big lead in this game is incredibly hard and should be rewarded.

makes the game more exciting to watch too.
That's the thing though, it wasn't hard enough to make comebacks, you could have one decent fight and suddenly you're not far behind, another one and it's even. It should be hard, not something that happens in 90% of games.

aeolist

Banned
Burning Brewmaster Kreygasm

That's the thing though, it wasn't hard enough to make comebacks, you could have one decent fight and suddenly you're not far behind, another one and it's even. It should be hard, not something that happens in 90% of games.

they didn't address it the right way though. it was easy to get kills from behind because pushing high ground was so hard against the heroes that were strong in 6.83, but instead of just nerfing heroes or base defense they fucked up the comeback too.

kionedrik

Is the 4th challenge (the hero specific one) still bugged?

Mine was win a game as Razor which I did but it didn't count nor did I win the coins... and I don't want to play that shit again
sick.gif
tears.gif

DrPizza

Banned
Never played it but Gyro should not crush a QoP mid.

Doesn't homing missile sort of undermine blink? QoP should be safe against rocket barrage because she can blink, but blinking away means that homing missile does more damage. I dunno but it feels like it should be enough for Gyro to do decently, at least.

Sanjay

Doesn't homing missile sort of undermine blink? QoP should be safe against rocket barrage because she can blink, but blinking away means that homing missile does more damage. I dunno but it feels like it should be enough for Gyro to do decently, at least.

Well Shadow Strike slows 20% then 30% and Gyro combo is you rocket then walk up to barrage to kill but you cant do that to QoP. It also matters with creep wave position and stuff like that too. It seems to be like a 50/50 and the better player or move is what will make he difference.

Oh don't blink away take the hit close or kill the rocket, be a man. Don't run in fear!

Calidor

is anyone playing the TI Quals tomorrow? I want to have some fun, so if anyone needs an extra support player (4,4k) for the Americas let me know
laugh.gif

Zeknurn

One player disconnects during the pick screen, we got a jungler, PA goes solo offlane. Game is lost within 3 minutes because we have no lane presence and there's no way to do a comeback anymore.

Great patch.

edit: Oh and the player that disconnected returns just before he gets an abandon.
edit2: Good news our mid player went afk and got an abandon. There is a god afterall. Only ~16 minutes were wasted on that game.

One player disconnects during the pick screen, we got a jungler, PA goes solo offlane. Game is lost within 3 minutes because we have no lane presence and there's no way to do a comeback anymore.

Great patch.

Yeah. Fuck this patch. Might as well remove last hitting and denying because only the first to get more kills wins.
Doesn't matter if you win a teamfight or 2 or 3 afterwards it wont do shit.

Sanjay

One player disconnects during the pick screen, Game is lost within 3 minutes because we have no lane presence and there's no way to do a comeback anymore.

Great patch.

edit: Oh and the player that disconnected returns just before he gets an abandon.

I think that is a bug with the current patch, they will fix it next patch update and you won't get players disconnects. It will be hailed as the best patch ever

Kard8p3

Great patch.

edit2: Good news our mid player went afk and got an abandon. There is a god afterall. Only ~16 minutes were wasted on that game.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

wow

My thoughts on competetive 6.84:

- Red Bull Battlegrounds finale were some of the best 5 matches since probably TI3.
- Summit has action packed but VERY quick games. Pretty one sided too. I think this could be okay, but the matches seem extra short because of the long drafting phase and the pause in between matches. If you balance the games to be around 30 minutes, cut the drafting time by 30-50% and make games back-to-back like in Starcraft2.

- I think the patch is great for pro-games. I think TI5 will be amazing if they fine-tune some of the stuff.

The new hero challenge never ends, already completed it 3 times, thanks icefrog for infinite coins loophole.

Start randoming. I made the mistake of dropping my MMR by playing on tilt and trying the same tactics every game. Ransoming opens you up for more tactical options in general.

I can't verify right now due to the fact that the Dotabuff MMR buddy isn't working and I'm not at home, but by net gain in MMR has been higher over the last week than other weeks recently. I feel like I have been looking at the game differently lately, and probably, even if I did go back to spamming Storm and Tinker, I would probably still go up right now.

I always try not to pick the same heroes too frequently, doesn't matter if im carry or supporting, I always try out new ways to play them and to improve at them, problem is even when I do great by myself what does it matter if at least one of your teammates can screw all over by himself.

Strider

I got over 1000 coins after the hero challenge but Im gonna hold on to them for now I guess. Any of you gone for the set? What'd you get?

It doesn't seem like it'd be worth it and I'm better off just hoping they give us something else to do with the coins.

TUSR

Banned
I got over 1000 coins after the hero challenge but Im gonna hold on to them for now I guess. Any of you gone for the set? What'd you get?

It doesn't seem like it'd be worth it and I'm better off just hoping they give us something else to do with the coins.

i got the mythical iceiceice naga set

Wok

Start randoming. I made the mistake of dropping my MMR by playing on tilt and trying the same tactics every game. Ransoming opens you up for more tactical options in general.

I can't verify right now due to the fact that the Dotabuff MMR buddy isn't working and I'm not at home, but by net gain in MMR has been higher over the last week than other weeks recently. I feel like I have been looking at the game differently lately, and probably, even if I did go back to spamming Storm and Tinker, I would probably still go up right now.

I always try not to pick the same heroes too frequently, doesn't matter if im carry or supporting, I always try out new ways to play them and to improve at them, problem is even when I do great by myself what does it matter if at least one of your teammates can screw all over by himself.

While it is true that you will improve at playing the game by playing all the heroes, your MMR won't go up, or will increase but very slowly, unless you spam the heroes you know.

My MMR curve on Dotabuff+ shows it quite well: when I random, my MMR goes to 2-2.4k (49-51% winrate), and when I spam Riki, my MMR goes up to the roof (75-90% winrate). I might be Riki >4k but I am definitely Pudge <2k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom