• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2: INHOUSE LEAGUE Season 2 |OT|

I'm horrible, and actually don't even know how to JOIN the IHL when they start them haha. But I haven't had time to look into it...

If you're referring to the games people are hosting now, you go to play -> private lobbies -> password "IHL" look for someone familiar. They fill up quite fast, so it might not be there even if someone recently hosted one.

TUSR

Banned
People shouldn't feel the need to mute a team mate berating them in game, and people shouldn't leave games.

Lets leave it at that.

Player conduct:
1. Very simple—no flaming. Remember that this is a casual league. Friendly jabs, inside jokes, constructive criticism, or relaxed/harmless/jokey trash talk is fine. “Come on man, you gotta hit that stun.” ← This is not flaming. “Come on you fucking tard, hit your fucking stuns holy shit I’d rather play with a monkey than you, FUCK.” ←This is flaming, just so we’re clear.

2. If you cannot follow rule one for whatever reason, you’re going to get 2 chances to reform. If multiple people have brought up complaints against you on two separate occasions, and you’ve been warned by an admin two consecutive times; you will be removed from the league on the third occurrence. Three strikes, and you’re out.

3. Constructive criticism in private/within teams is fine and encouraged. Please don’t misconstrue some stern (but useful) criticism with flaming. Part of the potential benefit of this league is that lower level players can actually learn from some of the higher level players. We’re all here to have fun and get better.

4. All players must have a public steam profile and dotabuff at all times during IHL. Players must use the same steam account that they signed up with when playing in IHL games.

5. Your in game name must match the “Player Name” that you signed up with.

6. Admins reserve the right to remove anyone from the league for any particular reason at any point in the season, but most notably, for smurfing or lying about steam accounts/dotabuff. Just don’t try to smurf, it’s not worth the trouble.

Going to amend on a leaving game policy.

None of the above is tolerated, and im glad a situation like this came up before the preseason/season.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Lets leave it at that.
image.php

hnngh

73V3N

Banned
how do i always manage to miss IHL games by like 2 minutes axecrying.gif

I'm always like" oh, looks like there wont be any IHL game any time soon"

then I search for a match, accept it and like 5 minutes after starting someone says they created a new lobby

rage.gif

kiyomi

Yeah I might have to bail on this. The skill level is way beyond anything I can enjoy and the people who I was playing with just got irritated at my mistakes. That's not fun for me.

TheCrow

Yeah I might have to bail on this. The skill level is way beyond anything I can enjoy and the people who I was playing with just got irritated at my mistakes. That's not fun for me.

Were you the disruptor? That glimpse to save the WK was hilarious. I would've accused you of being a turncoat.
cheeky.gif

kiyomi

No, the
godawful
Earthshaker. I was just way in over my head. My team were mostly fine, nobody got angry at me or whatever but it can't have been fun for them to watch me play so badly.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
No, the
godawful
Earthshaker. I was just way in over my head. My team were mostly fine, nobody got angry at me or whatever but it can't have been fun for them to watch me play so badly.

Yeah this is why I'm deciding not to sign up haha. I would do it mainly because I think an in-house league would be fun to partake in, but I can't imagine the rest of my team would be enjoying themselves...

We should get a complete noob IHL going.

I watched that game. You did fine. You got some good echos off!

I would strongly discourage you from bailing.

You will learn so much by the end of this it will totally be worth it.

Stick with it and you'll be great ! :)

TheCrow

It's odd how maddengaf, out of all the communities, is pretty much free of any flaming. Most of the time if we are getting stomped we just kinda stop talking and wait for the game to end. Even when we hit our rough patches we always kiss and make up.
DsrA6Kc.gif

TUSR

Banned
No, the
godawful

i agree, stick with the in house games for the next 2 weeks or so before you make up your mind. ive met a lot of great people through this community.

kiyomi

i agree, stick with the in house games for the next 2 weeks or so before you make up your mind. ive met a lot of great people through this community.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll try to stick with it.

ilnadmy said:
Yeah this is why I'm deciding not to sign up haha. I would do it mainly because I think an in-house league would be fun to partake in, but I can't imagine the rest of my team would be enjoying themselves...

Well hey if you need another noob to play with I'm right here. :p

I love the idea of the league, we'll see whether or not I'm cut out for it.

InsidiousIntent

Neo Member
I watched doomynick's cast of our game last night. It was really weird having someone critique your game, but it was helpful learning what a more seasoned player would have done in the same position as I was.

BraXzy

I so nearly screwed up captaining that match. I figured someone else would grab it so I alt tabbed, I only came back in to check if it'd finished :L

I haven't captained in like a year so I'm super chuffed I didn't screw it up!

dommynick

For all the people on the fence or feeling discouraged from in-house games: the whole point of playing with solely GAFers in an in-house setting is so that people can improve and have fun in a setting that's more comfortable than playing with random people. That's not to say everyone playing in the games will be saints, but you're much more likely to get positive and constructive feedback from someone, in addition to playing higher quality games. Better games, less flaming.

Yup. This feels wayyyyyy too intimidating for me. I wish I had the stones to play, but I don't think I could handle it. I'm just terrible.

curlyfries

Neo Member
Player name: TannicNine
Steam profile (link): http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197979917803/
Dotabuff (link): http://www.dotabuff.com/players/19652075
MMR bracket (if available): 4100 solo
Preferred role(s): 1, 2, and 3 (limited)
Are you interested in Captaining? (y/n): No. Having a higher mmr does not necessarily translate into making a good captain.
Additional comments: I haven't played in a year. Literally just put a computer together tonight when I noticed this thread. However, I was playing a fair amount at a high mmr before school happened. Also, I'm on the east coast and work till 5 PM M-F.

shira

Yup. This feels wayyyyyy too intimidating for me. I wish I had the stones to play, but I don't think I could handle it. I'm just terrible.

But think about if you are terrible and playing with other terrible people then you will continue to be terrible.

Like if you (a 13 year old student) was given a calculus textbook. Would you rather learn calculus from a calculus teacher(mumbleGAF) or from other 13 year olds.

It's a huge opportunity to get a calculus PhD for free. Pros charge like $30/hr for lessons.

Top Bottom