• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2: INHOUSE LEAGUE Season 2 |OT|

lux sux

harhar

I'll be here all week!
4mC962j.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Remember, anyone can host inhouses--just make the pw ihl and post in guild chat. Start advertising it and if you don't get close to filling after 5 or so minutes then go mm or something, but otherwise, it doesn't hurt to try.

TUSR

Banned

All further applications after this point will be put on a wait list and reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

TommyT

Good luck all and have fun! Maybe I'll whisper cast some matches at some point. I suppose if there are any non-tournament related IH games I'll try to join in. Are there any limitations to spectators for these?

inkls

Good luck all and have fun! Maybe I'll whisper cast some matches at some point. I suppose if there are any non-tournament related IH games I'll try to join in. Are there any limitations to spectators for these?

as long as you load its fine i think.

TUSR

Banned
No one got removed from the GAF Guild, the network is having issues.

Which means I can't invite all the people who messaged me until later tonight.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Just an update on late signups--late signups most likely won't be accepted (0.001% chance) simply because we have so many people already and some of those who signed up will already end up undrafted, and so it's not fair to them to keep accepting people after signups have closed.

Moving forward:
I've been adding all of the people who signed up to captain on steam, so make sure you accept my request and an invite to the captain's steam community group. Start prepping your draft boards and be ready to show up to the draft on April 3rd @ 6:30 PM (if you are a captain). I recommend joining or watching several of the daily inhouses to get a feel for players and who you might want to draft. Look at dotabuffs (usually more telling than MMR) to come up with a balanced team. Several people are already interested in streaming the draft and interviewing captains during the draft so if you want to watch, you should be able to.

The draft will all be done in mumble, here's the info:
IP = voice.central.eoreality.net and port = 3004

If you're a captain and unable to make the draft, either let me know ASAP and withdraw from captaining, or create a draft board with 5 potential players for every draft round (8 rounds total), and send it to me. An admin will draft for you based on your draft board, and make judgement calls if everyone on your board is already taken.

If you no longer wish to captain and are signed up as one, please let me know immediately, we want to have an even number of captains so we can avoid having to give every team 1 BYE week.

EDIT: THE MUMBLE INFO FOR THE DRAFT HAS BEEN CHANGED, PLEASE CHECK IT AGAIN IF YOU HAVE THE PREVIOUS MUMBLE!

Chris R

Love watching the casts, hope a ticket deal gets done so at least some prize can go towards the winner

more like so I can get some sweet sweet heroic items

Chris R

All I've been able to think about all day is where the fuck was that ward. Come on dota what is this shit. I need that replay.

It was in the camp just to the left. The "magic bush" deward was too high to see it (and almost blocked the camp above it), the other two were too far to the right to see it.

Tsunami did a great job explaining how you should deward that camp, very informative as a mostly support player.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I went through the spreadsheet and marked everyone who had a private steam profile in red. Please check and see if your signup/name is in red, if so, please make your steam profile public.

73V3N

Banned
last day on pre preseason, and i still dont play a single match.

this means no captain will choose me right?
KuGsj.gif

Tobe

After a college paper ill setup some games ive played with some other gaffers so i do have some idea on a team i want to make still anybody available is cool.

Tsunami I did look back on that game and I did learn something. Thanks for at least making me laugh about it

- Dazzle de-ward fail

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
why is my name in red on teh spreadsheet im in the gaf group on steam and in the guild....linked the dota page what else am i missing?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
why is my name in red on teh spreadsheet im in the gaf group on steam and in the guild....linked the dota page what else am i missing?

I went through the spreadsheet and marked everyone who had a private steam profile in red. Please check and see if your signup/name is in red, if so, please make your steam profile public.

OP said:
**IF YOUR SIGNUP IS MARKED RED ON THE SPREADSHEET, THAT MEANS YOUR STEAM PROFILE AND/OR DOTABUFF AREN'T PUBLIC**

OP said:
Also, your steam profile must be PUBLIC (aka viewable).

52club

My profile, Watch your back, should be public now.

Tsunami I did look back on that game and I did learn something. Thanks for at least making me laugh about it

- Dazzle de-ward fail

Ahah, if nothing else comes from my casts, I can only hope that people learn a little something. Wait, how did you watch it though, I thought my VoD was muted? If it was in client, could you upload .dem somewhere? Since I didn't 'play' in the match, it doesn't show up in my history and I can't see it in other players' profiles. I'm curious to see how I sound in-client.

Top Bottom