• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 Key begging and IceFrog Worship

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
How are people still giving away keys?

Do they still give out keys in waves and most of us here just get unlucky?

They seem to come out weekly on Wednesday and Thrusday. Another wave each week. With each week upping the concurrent users by 1-2k.

HenryHSH

If I ever got a key I said I was going to give it to you because you always seemed to miss the giveaway by just so little. Now I don't have to.

Haha awesome. Thanks! I'll make sure to give out my keys to gaffers if I ever get some. SouthernDragon had the highest post count with no key, last I checked.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Okay, I'll go ahead and be one of those guys since I'm getting restless to play: I have a gift copy of Bastion that I can trade for a key. Send me a PM if you would like it

Woo-Fu

Banned
Trying to grab a key from #joindota on quakenet but I keep getting beat in the cut&paste. They're(the mods) giving some out after each match today.

ninjarr

Neo Member
Have been playing HoN and DotA for ages -- would love a key. Active player, love to help others, often play support, and more than happy to coach any newbies to the game/genre. Hook a Pudge up! :)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Looking for a spare invite as a Christmas gift for a friend.

I'm not sure what I can offer in return. I would be willing to trade for just about anything on Steam (as in, I'll get the game you want and trade it to you), but anything over $50 and I might as well buy it from a key seller (though that carries its own risk).

I can also carry you.

EDIT: NM, got one from the Playdota daily.

Ok I'll beg like the dog I am. I would really appreciate a Dota 2 key and props to Icefrog for the amount of entertainment that Dota has provided for me.

before i lose all my hope,here is my last offer,i have a code for bfbc2 delux edition(comes with vietnam dlc) in origin for 1 copy of dota 2 beta.

alf717

before i lose all my hope,here is my last offer,i have a code for bfbc2 delux edition(comes with vietnam dlc) in origin for 1 copy of dota 2 beta.

Knowing my luck I'll end up with a key like two days before retail release. But hey it never hurts to try.

My friend and I both got in today but neither of us got gift keys to give out. The game just showed up in our libraries so I dont think we were gifted our keys. Valve may have changed their key giving policy so check your steam accounts!

Lirlond

Guys, keep your coal I am certain that coal will be worth a lot as we approach the end of the steam sale, and I am pretty sure there will be people trading dota 2 invites for said coal! Check playdota and steamgifts, never know what you'll run into.

Deadstar

My friend and I both got in today but neither of us got gift keys to give out. The game just showed up in our libraries so I dont think we were gifted our keys. Valve may have changed their key giving policy so check your steam accounts!

My brother got in but he didn't get any invites, or at least I didn't see them. I'm still waiting to get in.

Is there any way to get invites anymore? I've signed up via Steam ages ago, with no invite sent back.

If you are willing to trade games for an invite then just head over to the Steam trade forum and look at the various want ads. I managed to get an invite by trading $20 worth of games.

Wthermans

Banned
If anyone has a spare key, I would love to have it. Was hoping to get one in the Gift Pile but only got CSS and wasn't able to trade it for an invite.

I have a few games to trade for a key.

X3: Goldbox
Limbo
Psychonauts
Dungeon Defenders
Frozen Synapse
Worms Crazy Golf

Willing to trade just about any combination of them. If you're interested, PM me. I won't be checking the thread too often today.

Xamdou

Will to gift some of these for one extra DOTA key!:

The Ball
Holiday Sale 2011 Gift: Gratuitous Space Battles
Puzzle Chronicles
Vegas: Make It Big
25% OFF Square Enix, Eidos Interactive
25% OFF Dead Island
50% OFF Bastion
50% OFF Valve

regs

hai can i haz dota 2 key.

I have really been looking forward to this for sometime :3

I will even draw a picture for whomever gives me a key :33

I would like to request a DOTA2 key as well. All I have to offer of any value is Alpha Protocol (and I think Sanctum as well- I'll have to double check on that one).

Would like a spare key as well. Got an invite roughly a month ago and gave the 2 keys that came with it to 2 friends. Trying to get another buddy into the game to join us.
To trade, I have Portal 1 and a 33% off Valve coupon!

PM me if you can spare one, Thanks! :)

Top Bottom