• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 Key begging and IceFrog Worship

Botolf said:
It's almost amusing, the more people who chime in, the less likely this thread fulfills its purpose. It's a giant raven and food tube metaphor, guys!
We are close to fulfilling the purpose of the thread, someone out there has keys for GAF, lets just hope this person is honorable and shares it with GAF.

Sibylus

Banned
GhostRidah said:
We are close to fulfilling the purpose of the thread, someone out there has keys for GAF, lets just hope this person is honorable and shares it with GAF.
Well, here's hoping! Regardless of what happens, open 'dis shit up quickly, Valve! :3

I wonder how many keys the person in question received from IceFrog. It could be just a few, so I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. If that's the case, then hopefully the mass invite goes out soon.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
GhostRidah said:
Did you get a reply then?If someone got keys and hasn't said anything then I'd imagine they've been used already.

x3r0123

Ikuu said:
If someone got keys and hasn't said anything then I'd imagine they've been used already.

or it could be the person that has extra keys is reading this thread and laughing at everyone

ksan

Ikuu said:
Did you get a reply then?If someone got keys and hasn't said anything then I'd imagine they've been used already.
If that's the case, it would be quite anti-climactic :<
But then again, it could just be that the one who got the keys is working right now or something along those lines.

Ikuu

GhostRidah said:
Yea I got a reply, basically Icefrog gave someone keys from gaf.
Could always try and find out who it was, if they've not been given out yet, unless someone is still working out how to give them away, then they probably used them for themselves and friends.

ksan

DeadFalling said:
Add me to the list. However hopeless it is, I'd kick myself for not trying.
If they are gonna start giving out keys to people who signed up for the beta this list will become quite useful for those who didn't get invited right away (I'm gonna guess that the people who get invited will get extra keys to give out once they ramp up the tempo)

soloscout

Neo Member
Isn't it safe to say that IceFrog would know the person, or at least ask the right questions, to have confidence that if someone were to say "these keys are for GAF" that said person would deliver what they promised? IceFrog doesn't strike me as the type of person to just give out a chunk of keys to just anyone... perhaps I'm wrong...

orznge

Banned
Is the OP of this thread accepting PMs with evidence that we've posted in Dota 2 threads elsewhere before this thread popped up?

soloscout said:
Isn't it safe to say that IceFrog would know the person, or at least ask the right questions, to have confidence that if someone were to say "these keys are for GAF" that said person would deliver what they promised? IceFrog doesn't strike me as the type of person to just give out a chunk of keys to just anyone... perhaps I'm wrong...
Going to ask him who he gave it to, will update if/when he replys

Meeru

Banned
GhostRidah said:
Going to ask him who he gave it to, will update if/when he replys
If we haven't heard who the gaffer is, he might have already given them out to several gaf members but decided to keep it in silence because the people who didnt earn them will feel bad :(

For all we know it could've been 2 codes. There is no reason to make a big deal out of it in this thread since it will become a begging bitch fest. Like Meeru said, the person could've just given them to folks who are on the list.

I doubt he would have given any more than a few keys. Probably whoever got them kept quiet about them so he wouldn't suffer the same fate as Icefrog. Got to feel a little bit bad for the guy. His email addy is public and he is probably getting hammered with requests from all across the globe.

Guesong

Meeru said:
If we haven't heard who the gaffer is, he might have already given them out to several gaf members but decided to keep it in silence because the people who didnt earn them will feel bad :(

Stop being so clever and give us the keys Meeru.

:p

Buzzati

Banned
Yeah, sure - I'll take a key.

They're giving these things out like water, right?

Yes, that was sarcasm. I'm prepared to beg like a little bitch.

Ikuu

[05:45:55] icefrog: no specific time decided yet
[05:46:37] icefrog: at some point we'll give keys to people in beta to invite their friends yes, can't tell you when that will be though

Spookie

Updated the spreadshee... Oh god we're never going to get in before 2012 are we?

Edit: Current number stands at 275 people wanting a key. :s

Great news guys and girls, Icefrog being the awesome person that he is has given me keys to give to gaf :D

I will make a new thread with details and I will take the list already here.

Since there are not many I will do a random key giveaway, that way everyone has a shot at a key.

markot

Banned
GhostRidah said:
Great news guys and girls, Icefrog being the awesome person that he is has given me keys to give to gaf :D

Since there are not many I will do a random key giveaway, that way everyone has a shot at a key.
If he was awesome he would have given you 200+ keys >_<!

Wallach

GhostRidah said:

Awwww sheeeeeeeeeeit.

I will have to split the giveaways, half will be random giveaway and the other half will be skilled based.

Icefrog wants it to be interesting.

Top Bottom