• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Okay I lied, I just bought 5 more of the Lockless Luckvessel. No Venoling. Recycled all of them, got 2 free chests, recycled those and got nothing

I literally just threw away $20 lmao valve you monsters
It's not funny it's really sad. Really sad Valve are going along with these gambling type schemes.

Jesus christ this game

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1678760555

Full carry team, no wards, 15 min courier, feeding jugger and LS, and we still managed to turn things around.
spectre-what.gif

Wok

It's not funny it's really sad. Really sad Valve are going along with these gambling type schemes.

I hate Valve for milking the cows with gambling schemes. It is not as bad as the stupid grinding schemes found in other games (everything is free but you have to grind your whole youth to save 5 bucks), but still despicable (whatever you do maximizes your regret).

Just played a game where anti-mage (my team) had his first last hit denied
then he insta abandoned
what

If your first last hit is denied, it means the offlaner is not being zoned out by the support and game is already lost. It is better to abandon, no? EZ or GG.

Wok

Jesus christ this game

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1678760555

Full carry team, no wards, 15 min courier, feeding jugger and LS, and we still managed to turn things around.
spectre-what.gif

They should have picked a real hard-carry like WK instead of BS.

Leshrac's build is game-throwing.

Someone should have built an early mek, and easy racks/win at 25 min.

aghs undying
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

people literally buy aghs on any hero that has an aghs regardless if it's absolute dogshit or not

Do not be too harsh on Undying. Undying and ES are the only ones to itemize correctly there. Apart from the stupid Bloodstone on Undying, and stupid Euls on ES.

Radiant lacked auras: mek, greaves, vlads, anything. Early GG push would have lead to a win.

Instead, Dire has 4 BKBs and Radiant goes for YOLO items.

Just like real gambling, there's nothing wrong with it as long as you go into it expecting to lose it all. Gambling is a problem for people with no self-control. When my wife and I go gambling we set a budget and tell ourselves we have to be okay with walking away with nothing. Same thing goes for Dota for me. I have a budget every month for how much I can spend on the game, and I can't go over. Meaning if I spend money on Dota I am not going hungry or anything dumb like that.

It's all about mentality. I "lost" that $20 last night and I've practically forgotten about it at this point. It taught me a lesson to no longer participate in this type of thing if Valve does it again. They test out new methods of opening chests and stuff all the time. I enjoy playing around with these and seeing how they work.

Do not be too harsh on Undying. Undying and ES are the only ones to itemize correctly there. Apart from the stupid Bloodstone on Undying, and stupid Euls on ES.

Radiant lacked auras: mek, greaves, vlads, anything. Early GG push would have lead to a win.

Well if undying had half a brain he'd have gone greaves, pipe, vlads and all would have been fine
but bloodstone aghs ? lmao what the hell
euls is aight on ES esp against juggy

They should have picked a real hard-carry like WK instead of BS.

Leshrac's build is game-throwing.

Someone should have built an early mek, and easy racks/win at 25 min.

Undy has two 4k items that bring noting into the team fights, his aghs upgrade it's almost as useful as buying it on LC, and yeah radiant itemization was beyond awful and probably what won us the game.

Well if undying had half a brain he'd have gone greaves, pipe, vlads and all would have been fine
but bloodstone aghs ? lmao what the hell
euls is aight on ES esp against juggy

They both got aghs because of me, it made it easier for them to get away whenever I tried haunting them while they were on their own and like you said jugger ulti + useful to dodge SF ulti as well, I say Euls was a smart pick for this particular match IMO.

Chris R

Nice to have a win before taking off for TI. I'll have my laptop with me but it sucks for Dota, and I'm not sure about my internet situation.

I'll take bets for anyone wanting to gamble for a new chest. I have better odds than valve!

Send me the item and I'll let you know if you get an unopened chest.

DotaGaf, I've got the ultimate, albeit moronic, challenge for you.

Custom game with 1v5 insane AI, destroy the throne as quickly as possible with a hero of your choice. My record is 7m51s with Huskar. Game has to be played on the normal Dota 2 client, as the Reborn one has faulty AI.

warning! large size

Unfortunately bot matches aren't recorded so can't provide replay.

Started this 1v5 AI shit whenever I wasn't sure I got time for an actual normal match, wanted to learn a difficult hero or had something to do/watch on the side...like the awful Psycho Pass movie just now.

That doesn't seem to be insane AI to me, even when playing against unfair bots they almost always tp together to whatever tower you are pushing.

It is, though I can hardly prove that I guess. The levels may be an indicator though, as insane gets extra XP. And lina is level 4 despite dying 11 times within 7m51s.

After successful first 2minutes it doesn't matter as much whether it's insane or not, as you'll destroy them either way. And while they usually TP, they don't appear to do so if it's this early on. In that particular round not even one of the other lanes joined. I've had other times where I ended up fighting 3 though. Never all 5 however.

The AI behavior does change anyways as you notice after some time (mb 10mins or so) it switches from laning to mostly 5 man pushing.

bounchfx

Ok, last call for TI ticket. Got 2 available, let me know by tonight otherwise I'm throwing them on reddit and craigslist. I want someone to use em'!

for gaffers in seattle - See you soon!

kvk1

Chloe can't catch a break.

I don't know how I'm going to wait for Episode 5.

This game has blindsided me out of nowhere.

GOTY.

Randdalf

Don't know if I like the TI5 arena layout or not. Of course it's kinda silly to judge it from a few snaps, but I did really like how last year was setup, floor seating and all.

Watching it on the Stream last year, it didn't really have the (obviously, this is from the stream's perspective, completely different actually being there I'd imagine) the same up-close-and-personal atmosphere that Benaroya Hall did, so maybe this is their attempt at making it more intimate.

Top Bottom