• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Quesa

New Secret lineup's interesting. If puppey's captain, EE's going to have to listen to someone else for a change. And he's removed from the shackle of Bone7 as well, so now if Secret are terrible, you can't blame him. Not really a fan of EE to begin with, but this lineup should be interesting to watch.

How well Secret does will probably depend a lot on how well W33 will perform, the other players have proven that they can perform at a high level at some point in their careers.

Qvoth

just found out about new secret
BWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA
TadkV.gif

Haunted

I fucking love Puppey.

But I'm not sure I can follow him to this new Team Secret. Heartbreaker.

New Team Singsing looks fun.

Anxious to see where S4, Kuro and Notail pop up again.

Qvoth

i'm very surprised pieliedie and ee still wants to play with each other
and w33fresh? really? like how the hell did they come about that decision?

Haunted

no you don't.
If I like 1/5th of a team, do I really like the team?

Put differently: I like Dendi and I'm generally rooting for him. But there were numerous Navi matchups this TI where I had more sympathy and incentive to root for the opposing team. I expect this to be the case with new Secret as well.

If I like 1/5th of a team, do I really like the team?

Put differently: I like Dendi and I'm generally rooting for him. But there were numerous Navi matchups this TI where I had more sympathy and incentive to root for the opposing team. I expect this to be the case with new Secret as well.

All I'm saying, you don't love Puppey. Just like him a whole lot.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Discussing this with thingy, mrs bluth, i think jungle stacks should just be a single stack no more than that.

i like this idea tbh. i was saying the other day that as long as some mids can run off to the jungle to flash farm stacked camps you can still catch up after a disastrous lane (we saw this when sumail was able to catch up with stacked camps as SS despite being ganked three times, which is what you're supposed to do against SS), which makes some mids' viability permently low (e.g. OD).

But stacking weakens lanes and leaves the 5 especially impoverished. It also takes some finesse, as even pros can miss timings or mismanage creep aggro.

It's a good tradeoff.

Fevaweva

That is an interesting Team Secret. I mean, in theory, they seem really strong. But in practice?

Too many cooks spoil the broth comes to mind.

Much like the last Team Secret, each of them are really great players. So, if they can work together, some magical shit could happen.

I do think the last iteration was stronger, but hey, we will see in the next Major what they are like together.

how they interact could actually be amazing.

they're very good players but not top notch. None are top 5 in their position in the world.

Agree to disagree then.

However, not having top 5 players in the world doesn't necessarily mean they can't win anything. I mean I wouldn't call anyone on EG, with the exception of SumaiL, top 5 in their relative positions.

i agree with that for sure. not about superstars, it's about having the right chemistry/attitude.

Is Puppey's leadership a bit of a myth? Each team seems to fall apart with no practice, players disunited.

Complete guesses, how often does it have to happen before you question Puppey?

Top Bottom