• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

TheCrow

Just saw the Secret lineup and it is interesting. Has misery played offlane before? All I can remember is him playing support but I don't remember what he played in lgd.int or before that.

EE had said he wanted to play with Bone7 so I have to imagine they could have had him offlane but I wonder if Bone did not want to join or if EE was overruled and they went another way.

From ask.fm, "Overall I picked every player n we both half picked our offlaner". And misery was secret's offlaner when they won a couple lans before gettings rtz and zai.

egm.jpg

what about him? was it confirmed that he won't be back?

EGM started playing like hot trash after TI3 and never stopped. At TI3 he was the guy that did insane shit and made it work, now he's just the guy that does insane shit.

Pretty sure he just lost his motivation to play Dota at the highest level after winning TI.

Wok

Question for entire DotaGAF: what's your current ratio on wins/losses? What's been your best?

I currently have just 3 wins more than losses after nearly 500 games played. I feel like before I used to be ahead by 20 or more and now it's like I win a game, instant 3-game losing streak follows.

I'm constantly getting matched up against guys with 500-1000 wins yet I'm barely cracking 230.

503Js7T.png

cK3RReV.png

I started below 50% (of course) and I managed to hit 50% once when I was spamming Lich, which is the only hero which I learnt when I started playing. Then I went down to 45% when I wanted to try all the other heroes. Finally, I slowly climbed my way to 50% by acquiring experience and knowledge on all the heroes. With my most played heroes, I have 55%-60% winrate though, so I definitely belong to higher MMR, I am just too lazy to spam them over and over again.

Yyv06T1.png

Well since you don't know either of them, you're in no place to speak on the subject.

Opinions man, I'm only basing them on what I saw in TI5. Aui could be shitty in RL and rtz could be lovable by everyone (hell even Dendi could be shitty). I've read ppd's blog and watched Aui's vid, it just doesn't sit right with me you win TI then kick one of your best players (Aui had 3-4 respect bans for crying out loud).

W1SSY

Well that's bullshit, rtz performed poorly in TI5 and Aui won TI5 with EG, totally makes sense.

Edit: I find it hard to believe rtz's attitude is better than Aui's.
PPD probably can describe it the best so if you missed it here is his blog on it. http://peterpandam.blogspot.com/2015/08/post-ti5-blog.html?m=1

EDIT:

Opinions man, I'm only basing them on what I saw in TI5. Aui could be shitty in RL and rtz could be lovable by everyone (hell even Dendi could be shitty). I've read ppd's blog and watched Aui's vid, it just doesn't sit right with me you win TI then kick one of your best players (Aui had 3-4 respect bans for crying out loud).
It is a business. If they felt like it was hard playing with him they made the right decision. They know what issues they had with RTZ previously and RTZ has experience being on a different team. With the drama between RTZ and Kuro maybe he has come to realize that the EG problems were not that big. He also said on stream that he was immature and did not try to work through them.

All of this is useless to debate because we really don't know what is going on inside the teams and can only make judgement based on what we hear and that is probably not completely true. There is the great quote about there existing two stories and the truth being in the middle which is what is happening in this situation.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
w33haa
nlV5CnJ.png

I don't know I can get behind this Secret team with him on it. I love Puppy and Envy, and Misery is great. But I'm still sour about w33haa.

Ah so apparently Cr1t is the fifth Alliance member. I've seen a bunch of his play in FPL but other than that not much.

N0tail's team is probably

BDN
Fly
Mynuts
Miracle
Random pubstar

aeolist

Banned
EG are great no doubt. But I hesitate to call any but SumaiL Top 5.. Like for example, FEAR is flexable and a great player but Top 5 carries? Really?

rtz is playing carry and he's clearly top 5

universe is easily top 5 offlaner (edit: i'd personally say he's tied for first place with zai)

ppd maybe isn't mechanically flashy or mind-blowing but he's an amazing captain and really good 5 position player, which is more important

really fear at 4 is the only question mark

rtz is playing carry and he's clearly top 5

universe is easily top 5 offlaner (edit: i'd personally say he's tied for first place with zai)

ppd maybe isn't mechanically flashy or mind-blowing but he's an amazing captain and really good 5 position player, which is more important

really fear at 4 is the only question mark

I don't really see how anyone could doubt that honestly, EG have probably the strongest group of cores on any team

Acinixys

EG are great no doubt. But I hesitate to call any but SumaiL Top 5.. Like for example, FEAR is flexable and a great player but Top 5 carries? Really?

The greatest players are those that are extremely consistent imo

Universe, Zai, Icex3, Puppey and Sumail come to mind

Its not enough to be good every now and again. You must be good in every game

Universe is for me the best player in the world

Top Bottom