• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

From rick and morty latest episode
FHfftY4.jpg

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
What actually happened?

like usual pub game shenanigans?

'you're bad at the game'
'no you're bad at the game'

it really wasn't that terrible. actually it was hilarious. the guy sounded like a hillbilly and heavy was singing the banjo duel from deliverance.

Hylian7

like usual pub game shenanigans?

'you're bad at the game'

it really wasn't that terrible. actually it was hilarious. the guy sounded like a hillbilly and heavy was singing the banjo duel from deliverance.
Sounds like total plop then.

Funny story from last night. I had a rough lane as Storm vs a Lina, and our offlane Night Stalker blamed me for the whole state of the game. I told him that Storm vs Lina can be a tough matchup for Storm, and the game was still winnable regardless. He then says he wants to 1v1 me. I was partied with two people so I took him up on his offer and added him, he accepted the friend request and I set up the lobby and told him to join. After about 5 minutes he says "sorry in a game"

Yasae

Banned
What is BKB ?
And yes he could solo some big hard carry with a ton of hp. Abyssal bkb bfly skadi and some other big item (MKB most likely) can fuck anybody for the duration of his ult + abyssal's overwhelm...
BKB is a timer. That's all a bunch of snowball farm he got from being let loose and getting easy cheesy kills. It's how he works.

BHK3

Banned
Whenever I assess that our team is not strong enough to keep the enemy team from teaming up and taking our T1 mid (for example), I just ditch it and push/farm another lane and hope to force TPs and stop their push that way.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't whereas fighting 5on5 mid would've been a disaster 90%. Regardless, low MMR players seem to not grasp the concept of that. They'd rather see you feed alongside them than abandon them and pressure the enemy team with split push. It just seems beyond them. They cannot grasp what I just did other than "not helping them" lol.

I'll never sit anywhere not farming creeps. Inefficiency on cores is so game losing.

I actually wonder if people are just too narrow-minded to see the opportunities this game offers.

Funny enough, back when I was young in my dota career I accidentally discovered split pushing and saw how amazing it was to do it. Just ignore your team slugging it out mid and push out top or bot and get towers and creeps further ahead. I even have a screenshot of this somewhere in my files, I used to call it 'Troop Management' since I never viewed any tutorials at this point other than my friend helping me. Anytime someone would show up I would just shadowblade away(sb,force staff, vlads skeleton king was the fucking shit back then).

JambiBum

See hylian if the only thing that you took from my post was oh hey that ban was super unfair and then adding more shit about tread switching to a post that barely even mentions it then I know that it's useless even trying to get through to you.

I don't care about your tread switching argument in the slightest. I care about you reacting the way you do any time someone disagrees with you because it shits up the thread for multiple pages. Whenever someone else brings something up that they wish to discuss they do it in a way that the discussion is meaningful in the end and usually the people involved learn something. The things you bring up just turn into shit. It's telling that the most useful thing that anyone has gleamed from this discussion is something that you had no involvement in which was that epi slows attack speed.

I realize by making this post it continues the conversation and thus the problem but meh I feel like this needs to be said.

Did you even bother to take into consideration anything I said about the way you react to people disagreeing with you or did you just want to make another useless point about treads again? You even have the people who are known to troll the thread making logical posts against your whole discussion because of how ridiculous this thing is.

I swear if you come back to this post with some dumb bullshit response about everyone else and not yourself then I'm just going to put you on ignore so that I don't try to talk some sense into you anymore.

Hylian7

See hylian if the only thing that you took from my post was oh hey that ban was super unfair and then adding more shit about tread switching to a post that barely even mentions it then I know that it's useless even trying to get through to you.

I don't care about your tread switching argument in the slightest. I care about you reacting the way you do any time someone disagrees with you because it shits up the thread for multiple pages. Whenever someone else brings something up that they wish to discuss they do it in a way that the discussion is meaningful in the end and usually the people involved learn something. The things you bring up just turn into shit. It's telling that the most useful thing that anyone has gleamed from this discussion is something that you had no involvement in which was that epi slows attack speed.

I realize by making this post it continues the conversation and thus the problem but meh I feel like this needs to be said.

Did you even bother to take into consideration anything I said about the way you react to people disagreeing with you or did you just want to make another useless point about treads again? You even have the people who are known to troll the thread making logical posts against your whole discussion because of how ridiculous this thing is.

I swear if you come back to this post with some dumb bullshit response about everyone else and not yourself then I'm just going to put you on ignore so that I don't try to talk some sense into you anymore.
You really aren't making any sense. I very clearly have taken into account other people's posts, you just refuse to acknowledge it. Agreeing with the 99% != taking stuff into account

That is the line you seem to be drawing here. If you are going o put me on ignore go ahead, sorry I don't agree with you.

I still find allchat BM battles bizarre, especially when they last for the entire duration of the game.

It's like those weird kids in middle school who would fight about dumb shit and five minutes later would be referencing Aristotelian logic to try and disprove each other's existence.

I was trapped in a match once where a snarky rejoinder about a failed gank became a discussion about the viability of a flat tax scheme in 1980s Iceland. I wish I were kidding.

BHK3

Banned
My bad-ish friends who i stack with occasionally all thought dota was a WoW-arena style game and they sort of zerged around spamming spells. Just for some perspective on what certain new players actually perceive the game to be. They used to aimlessly wander between towers and neutrals, not really understanding what they were doing. Tread switching is gonna be bottom of a new player's list of things to improve upon. Someone who knows what they're doing, sure, whatever.

I literally played League like was it was some diablo warcraft hybrid, didn't know what a lane or tower was or the real objective I just walked around as Alistair and pounded people into the ground. To me it was the closest I was gonna get to Warcraft 4 which is why I picked it up, that and HoN costed money despite me liking the look of that better. I actually had a very highwinrate over a metric ton of games, the reason I quit was when they added dominion into the game and everyone treated as deathmatch, got bored with the main game so dominion getting mistreated really hurt me. I finally saw the light of 'objective gaming' and realized why I was getting flamed so hard in regular matches. "I do what I want. Fuck your build we're winning as usual aren't we? Dude spellcasters in this game are hilariously OP tell me the secret item that kills them rofl". I sneered at every guide for Alistair because I figured they were all wrong, telling me to be a support and I was like "I'm a fucking bull what is this support shit?" so I built the equivalent of Ursa items and rekted. Coulda gone pro had I not stopped ;).

I carried over this same mentality to dota, didn't help that my first few games were against Linas and Zeus and I was playing people like clinkz so I figured 'Spellcasters being OP' was a moba thing and dropped dota.

Hylian7

I still find allchat BM battles bizarre, especially when they last for the entire duration of the game.

It's like those weird kids in middle school who would fight about dumb shit and five minutes later would be referencing Aristotelian logic to try and disprove each other's existence.

I was trapped in a match once where a snarky rejoinder about a failed gank became a discussion about the viability of a flat tax scheme in 1980s Iceland. I wish I were kidding.
What middle school did you go to where this happened? 0_o

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Sounds like total plop then.

Funny story from last night. I had a rough lane as Storm vs a Lina, and our offlane Night Stalker blamed me for the whole state of the game. I told him that Storm vs Lina can be a tough matchup for Storm, and the game was still winnable regardless. He then says he wants to 1v1 me. I was partied with two people so I took him up on his offer and added him, he accepted the friend request and I set up the lobby and told him to join. After about 5 minutes he says "sorry in a game"

i mean heavy wasn't even really flaming. he was basically just chiding the other guy for being bad at his hero, which he was. and he was also poking fun at the other guy's accent, which was hilarious.

Oh yeah? I recently over the weekend had a 3 game losing streak...
against bots

What's the schedule typically like btw?
AFAIK games will almost exclusively be on the weekends so you need to be available for at least a couple hours to play on those days, it's not a big deal. TUSR and Anbokr know more than I do but either way everything should become clear once the sign-up opens up.

Edit: Aghs Black Hole does sick damage, I'd say it's situational, in most cases you want Blink+BKB+Refresher before you even think about it.

Hylian7

is aghs even worthwhile on Enigma usually? I never get Radiance and rarely aghs, I'd rather just get greaves and scythe
I think Aghs is great on him, but Radiance not so much, unless it was the one time I had to get it because I was doing all the work.

I would think you would get more out of Aghs than Scythe. You can wipe most if not all of the team with a pulse and Aghs Hole. If you have the cash after Aghs, Scythe is a fine option.

is aghs even worthwhile on Enigma usually? I never get Radiance and rarely aghs, I'd rather just get greaves and scythe

radiance SUCKS
aghs is good if your team lacks follow up to a good black hole. basically if you don't kill more than one hero for the duration then buy aghs
always get it after bkb/greaves/blink though
after that rfo and/or octarine

How often should one consider using Force Staff offensively? I have gotten in the habit lately of trying to force my opponents out of position, especially when they are trying to break high ground, but I don't know if this is a good thing to be doing.

How often should one consider using Force Staff offensively? I have gotten in the habit lately of trying to force my opponents out of position, especially when they are trying to break high ground, but I don't know if this is a good thing to be doing.

Its a great move if you get someone killed using it. Its like a mini venge swap without getting yourself fucked.
Also, +5 style points
lina-vi1.gif

Artanisix

after one week mute I'm back and ready to lay down the smack talk while playing hipster heroes like terror blade and shadow shaman (who i have grown to like very much)

Top Bottom