• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Not afk jungling Doom for 15 minutes should help
hey if the enemy does nothing about it it's legit as fuck, he farms crazy fast
I randomed and was too stubborn to repick
i love torture
I like playing dusa actually, but when you compare her to gyro you ask yourself what's the point of picking her
20 minutes in gyro with dom phase aquila yasha can clear a 5 stack of ancients and his farm explodes, medusa is still stuck with farming solo stacked hard camps at this point
dac15_sad.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well there's like differing ranks of meanness.

GAF dream team is, IIRC:

1.09 in mid
Bokr in the safe
tSwift in the off
Procarbine/Milk as 4/5

Hylian7

Dusa is legit. She does get overshadowed by Gyro but can still have a major impact if used correctly. Pure damage snake is no joke, plus split shot being 80% reduction all levels allows you to farm camps with a value point in it so you can max snake first and shield second.

Russ T

Banned
TA has to get in line. First we need to Delete Huskar from the game. People may bitch about techies but nothing good has ever come from Huskar.

Truer words were never spoken. Huskar is a stain on human society. We need to bleach the shit out of it.

Dusa is legit. She does get overshadowed by Gyro but can still have a major impact if used correctly. Pure damage snake is no joke, plus split shot being 80% reduction all levels allows you to farm camps with a value point in it so you can max snake first and shield second.

Man you ain't gonna farm shit with level 1 split shot, 2 targets is laughable especially in the era of mass stacking
On the other side level 8 gyro casts calldown + flak and takes an entire 5 stacked hard camp and then transitions to doing the same with ancients
Dusa is a harder carry eventually but she has half the ability to farm

Hylian7

Man you ain't gonna farm shit with level 1 split shot, 2 targets is laughable especially in the era of mass stacking
On the other side level 8 gyro casts calldown + flak and takes an entire 5 stacked hard camp and then transitions to doing the same with ancients
Dusa is a harder carry eventually but she has half the ability to farm
I'm just talking about the ability to kite a large camp if you have to. Your real farm comes from the lane. Gyro absolutely overshadows her in regards to farming, but Dusa wins in survivability.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I was thinking last night that its a shame Valve has done nothing with the Alternative Voice packs since inception. Where is my Arsenal Mage Invoker voice pack Valve?
mayatomr_romance.gif

I don't know if we decided this conversation was dead but I don't care

Hylian you are so blind on the tread issue. You have 5000 games and admit that you forget to tread switch sometimes, HOW IS A NEW PERSON SUPPOSED TO EVEN THINK ABOUT THIS

WTF

your cognitive dissonance is deafening

Yasae

Banned
Off the top of my head, Low HP, he has to get really close to use his Nether Blast, most times people force him into some dumb support role in pubs.
Other dumb people force him into a hard carry role. If he's carrying, the other team is simply not that good. Same for pudge, same for slark, same for _______.

Other dumb people force him into a hard carry role. If he's carrying, the other team is simply not that good. Same for pudge, same for slark, same for _______.

Best pugna is mid pugna
Needs levels, farm, fucks popular int mids, forces tower every time when the enemy mid is absent
mek and then go ham on all T1 towers, then 5 man force T2s (nether ward is scary early/mid), get greaves, necro, you want rax by 25 minutes
Octarine for double nether ward
cool.gif

last but not least FUCK AGHS

The writing's funny (Crusade's back on, boys!), but it's just not working as a proper voice pack compared to when he does similar shit on stream.

yeah, its sounds...forced? i guess. and they there seem to be too many lines.

news from china:
ROTK to LGD
xiao8 and yao out of LGD / DOTA2

Yasae

Banned
Are you implying Slark's not a legit carry?

Didn't you hear he's godlike OP?
Those are the picks with by far the most predictable play. They go for junkfood kills 90% of the time and in pubs they often get those because people stand around and wait to be ganked like the fish in the barrel they are. That's only hammering a cavity, it's not particularly good play.

Slark is also heavily skill-based. Once he pops his load he ain't much to talk about without a huge snowball of farm or gank team to back him up. Not a hard carry though, ever.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I also wonder if Valve will ever take the Arcana Sound packs and break them off into Alternative Voice packs. I know I personally don't like the LC arcana voice.

Yasae

Banned
Best pugna is mid pugna
Needs levels, farm, fucks popular int mids, forces tower every time when the enemy mid is absent
mek and then go ham on all T1 towers, then 5 man force T2s (nether ward is scary early/mid), get greaves, necro, you want rax by 25 minutes
Octarine for double nether ward
cool.gif

last but not least FUCK AGHS
True, he's murder vs lesh, zeus, witch doctor, and to some degree lina and other int spammers/sustained-users.
Slark can be played as hard carry
He can 1v1 most carries because of his ult, and dark pact makes him pretty survivable if mastered
Silence destroys that like most skill-based carries. He relies on junkfood in pubs. He will not solo some big hard carry with a ton of hp. He doesn't have the capability to do so without a lot of help.

So no. I see the character as an opportunist which exploits common weak points in play, just like many other gankers. He's a worthwhile carry if other people pick and play sloppily. And god help you vs leshrac or pl or bloodseeker or even tiny. The meta would say he's good vs squishy supports but, meh, the people using him are so predictable that they ruin any of the surprise he may have. Once you've seen a pudge or a slark game you've just about seem them all... At least in pubs.

Once you've seen a pudge or a slark game you've just about seem them all... At least in pubs.

Part of me believes the only reason I won my lane as mid Razor is because I knew that Pudge was going mid.

I love counting missed hooks in all chat, especially when you can tell they're trying to line one up by walking around to get out of the creep line of sight. I got to around 16 before I had to start actually playing and didn't have the time to humor Pudge.

Also re: Omniknight - the lines would've been much better without the volume. Some of the scripts are clever, such as "they're going to put you in a church." I actually prefer Slack's less loud videos, like the Delta Squad Sniper and the TI Secret Shop Home Shopping Network parody.

Silence destroys that like most skill-based carries. He relies on junkfood in pubs. He will not solo some big hard carry with a ton of hp. He doesn't have the capability to do so without a lot of help.
What is BKB ?
And yes he could solo some big hard carry with a ton of hp. Abyssal bkb bfly skadi and some other big item (MKB most likely) can fuck anybody for the duration of his ult + abyssal's overwhelm...

Top Bottom