• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Can't be assed bothering with an FF past 12, honestly. Even the PS2 games are a bit dubious.

yeah i bought the ffx remastered for ps4 because i never had a ps2 and i remember my friends raving about it in middle school

it has not aged well

DotoGAF important dates

Final time for Major Registration
t1441436400z4.png

IHL3 Signups (Sep 1- Sep 11)
t1442040900z4.png

IHL3 Draft Sep 11/12: 18-19 days

Gaming Paradise - Slovenia (Sep 10- Sep 12)
$50k: VP, 4CL, NiP, Secret, CoL, PR, +1
t1441879200z4.png

IHL3 starts (Sep 18- Sep 20)
t1442595600z4.png

ESL - New York (Oct 3 - Oct 4)
$250k: Secret +7
t1443884400z1.png

MLG Worlds - New Orleans (Oct 16 - Oct 18)
$250k: EG, +7
t1445032800z2.png

NanYang - Singapore (Oct 26 - Nov 1)
$200k: +8
t1445853600z4.png

Dota Major Europe - Sweden rofl (Nov 20- Nov 29)
$1.6m: +18
t1448013600z4.png

DotoHAT-GAF dates of interest
TI5 Compendium Items sell date IE Zeus Thunderbolt
t1441065600z4.png

Final Fantasy Type0 preorder item sell date IE moogle ward
t1441184400z4.png

TI5 Chest Immortal sell date IE Alch Midas
t1446336000z4.png

any one thinking about going to esl ny?

Just had an interesting experience in 4 v 4 match as QoP, first time I see a LD fountain farming with his bear and I must say it's quite a pain in the ass to deal with, just herding creep waves with the radiance on and then poof switching him into another lane as soon as I tried stopping him, I just decided to start doing the same in whatever lane he tried to push, aggro 3 or 4 waves then wiping it clean with ulti+scream of pain.

In the end he managed to push 2 sets of racks down since none on my team carried tps and I couldn't cover the whole map on my own, shit was annoying asf.

The game in question:
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1758444576

Can someone take a quick look at this game and tell me if I (storm spirit) was correct to go orchid first before bloodstone?
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1758380415

What is a good and normal bloodstone timing for SS? When should I go orchid first?

Any other comments would be much appreciated. I made some notes after watching the replay so it'd be nice to get some additional critique and see if I'm watching the right things.

jew

Banned
17-20 min bstone on storm. most of the time u go bstone because its a safer farming option that still gives you the option to fight early. if you go orchid it forces you into playing an aggressive style, which doesn't always pay off.

17-20 min bstone on storm. most of the time u go bstone because its a safer farming option that still gives you the option to fight early. if you go orchid it forces you into playing an aggressive style, which doesn't always pay off.

yeah I kinda wasn't sure but the opposing team had a QOP so I figured first to get to orchid would have the upper hand against the other. At least that was my though process but I'm not sure I really got much use out of the orchid early on either.

Telling people you like to play Elder Titan in pubs is like telling people you like to play Sonya in Mortal Kombat.They just stare at you in disbelief.

patapuf

I'd be in for an EU schedule as well.

I'd love to participate in this one but sleeping on weekends is too important to me :p

I still like watching though.

kionedrik

I'd be in for an EU schedule as well.

I'd love to participate in this one but sleeping on weekends is too important to me :p

I still like watching though.

I was lucky to find a team that made it possible for me to play. The games were @7/8pm my time which was between 2-4pm to some of the US players. It's a struggle and it's perfectly understandable if some don't want or simply can't play at those times.

For what it's worth I signed up for the new season. If the game times are prohibitive for me I'll simply give my slot to some free-agent (seems fair to the player and the rest of the team).

i think there were 40-50 EU players in ihl2
(i just searched for EU,gmt,uk in the sheet)
so that could be 8 teams of 6

I guess it could be done then. Perhaps we could try to do it after IHL3. It feels wrong to talk about it now with all the work ILH3 admins/organizers have put into it.

gai_shain

I was lucky to find a team that made it possible for me to play. The games were @7/8pm my time which was between 2-4pm to some of the US players. It's a struggle and it's perfectly understandable if some don't want or simply can't play at those times.

For what it's worth I signed up for the new season. If the game times are prohibitive for me I'll simply give my slot to some free-agent (seems fair to the player and the rest of the team).

yeah im doing the same

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Had a dream where I was coming home from a trip and 1.09 walks up to me in the parking all "We're going to watch <anime whose name I forgot> with Mumble" and I'm like "I can't believe you're going to watch <anime whose name I forgot>, are you EE or something?"

sick.gif

Top Bottom