• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Quesa

Ok sell me on BM on Bloodseeker cuz I built it and won but I feel like it didn't do much for me. Do I just use it to go ooga booga to heroes with nukes?

Pratfall

Ok sell me on BM on Bloodseeker cuz I built it and won but I feel like it didn't do much for me. Do I just use it to go ooga booga to heroes with nukes?

It mostly punishes people who don't have TPs. I think you are better rushing SnY so you can kill them before they TP out.

I think the idea is to force the opposing team to deal with you when you're 600 ms and hitting for 200 and then you pop BM. I also like SnY more but I'm not much of a BS fan.

Low Tier
gives you some int to work with, armor for diving, and dmg. not only can BS use all 3 stats, but blademail helps mitigate the drawback to bloodraging urself in teamfights as no1 will really wanna fight you. exceptionally good vs heroes like clockwerk or gyro, but good overall for pushing damage while you chase down heroes.

kionedrik

gives you some int to work with, armor for diving, and dmg. not only can BS use all 3 stats, but blademail helps mitigate the drawback to bloodraging urself in teamfights as no1 will really wanna fight you. exceptionally good vs heroes like clockwerk or gyro, but good overall for pushing damage while you chase down heroes.

edit: turns out i have no idea how that thing works... let me just hang my head low in shame

Hylian7

I wish you stopped telling people that spec wins games. At best she's a niche pick in this meta.

I only say it because it is true. I have won tons of games with her. Look at the top winratwa on Dotabuff, and you'll see that's no accident Morty. She is #4.

r u saying i spam spectre and get 5k mmr ez?

Take a knee, peasant.

<3
I have yet to try it that far myself, but I think it could probably work.

kionedrik

I only say it because it is true. I have won tons of games with her. Look at the top winratwa on Dotabuff, and you'll see that's no accident Morty. She is #4.

It only proves the average pub doesn't know how to deal with her.

Let's use simple math. You don't see her that much at higher MMR matches and the average is between 3k and 4k iirc, so it's fair to assume she sees most play at average and below average MMRs, and at that level of play you can get away with a lot of things. The #1 and #2 are omni and abbadon, other 2 heroes that require coordination to play against which you don't tend to see at the lower end of the MMR spectrum.

If she is working for you, great! Keep it up. But she is not a MMR climbing hero. She fills a niche and MMR climbing heroes are those that either are favored by the meta or have a much wider range of usefulness.

inkls

Let's use simple math.You don't see her that much at higher MMR matches and the average is between 3k and 4k iirc, so it's fair to assume she sees most play at average and below average MMRs, and at that level of play you can get away with a lot of things. The #1 and #2 are omni and abbadon, other 2 heroes that require coordination to play against which you don't tend to see at the lower end of the MMR spectrum.

If she is working for you, great! Keep it up. But she is not a MMR climbing hero. She fills a niche and MMR climbing heroes are those that either are favored by the meta or have a much wider range of usefulness.

You can't say "lets use simple math" and then not use any source for your statements and you don't even use math at all in your explanation.

You can't deny spectre has the 4th highest winrate in the game currently, the fact shes meta or not is irrelevant if she can still win games, same applies to the other 3 top wr heroes.

reborn still doesnt feel right to me, like there is lag in the controls. would be a shame if they made it mandatory in this state.
I haven't played reborn it in a long time but I've been hearing a lot of this. It's why I'm worried about them making it mandatory so fast, I don't see them fixing the bigger problems right now.

Alot of people talk about the slardar, viper and jakiro need for a remodel.
Why doesn't anyone mention poor clinkz? he looks boring, and he's so tiny that any cosmetic item is unnoticeable. I think he has the least number of voice lines too.
He doesn't even have an emote.

Pratfall

I haven't played reborn it in a long time but I've been hearing a lot of this. It's why I'm worried about them making it mandatory so fast, I don't see them fixing the bigger problems right now.

unless they are planning another spate of patches like they had when reborn first came out, i doubt they make it mandatory for another month at least. they havent patched it for 10 days.
laugh.gif

so if I buy the diablo base game can I play as anyone else could for the original story or whatever? How much content would be blocked off?

Kade

so if I buy the diablo base game can I play as anyone else could for the original story or whatever? How much content would be blocked off?

You'd be locked out of the Crusader class, Act IV and levels 60-70. I don't remember if Rifts and Adventure Mode are locked to the expansion.

M.D

naga game

34 minutes literally afk for 30 minutes of that game i have no idea what my team was doing

542524524 games first time i tried radiance naga and microing it ain't that hard but i probably could've done a better job

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
naga game

34 minutes literally afk for 30 minutes of that game i have no idea what my team was doing

542524524 games first time i tried radiance naga and microing it ain't that hard but i probably could've done a better job

Every time I play Naga, my team falls apart and we lose a rax before I can claw the game under control, resulting in 30 minutes of pure despair and flaming illusion hell for the other team.

Hylian7

Let's use simple math. You don't see her that much at higher MMR matches and the average is between 3k and 4k iirc, so it's fair to assume she sees most play at average and below average MMRs, and at that level of play you can get away with a lot of things. The #1 and #2 are omni and abbadon, other 2 heroes that require coordination to play against which you don't tend to see at the lower end of the MMR spectrum.

This isn't simple math nor does it prove or disprove anything. I have been climbing MMR with the hero. Many other people don't see her that way, but I think she is an MMR climber.
You can't say "lets use simple math" and then not use any source for your statements and you don't even use math at all in your explanation.

You can't deny spectre has the 4th highest winrate in the game currently, the fact shes meta or not is irrelevant if she can still win games, same applies to the other 3 top wr heroes.
Also this

I'd get it at some point but don't have the cash for it right now
The story mode is okay I guess but I wouldn't spend any money on the base game unless you plan to buy the expansion eventually. The actual game that people are still playing is not included in the main game.

You might get the impression that the game isn't very fun but that'll probably be because the base game is basically half a game.

Mordeccai

guys I am so sad right now

the greatest show of our time, Hannibal, is over and the hole left in my heart is even bigger than the one left by Breaking Bad

time to drown my sorrows in amaretto and listen to some Bach

Saprol

why can't hearthstone dailies be 'play X games as Y class' or give me credit against expert innkeeper like how hots gives credit for coop versus AI

i dont want to login and play for an hour without even getting the gold because i'll have my basic decks against these assholes playing murlocs or mech mage or they have dr boom

shira

why can't hearthstone dailies be 'play X games as Y class' or give me credit against expert innkeeper like how hots gives credit for coop versus AI

i dont want to login and play for an hour without even getting the gold because i'll have my basic decks against these assholes playing murlocs or mech mage or they have dr boom

Pally Murloc, best Murloc
charm_blush.gif
angel.gif

Murloc Knight so gud

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm honestly not having to much fun in the next Hearthstone Expansion yet. Maybe it will be more fun after the ladder reset.

jew

Banned
Is hylian7 a meme where he just tries to outdo himself with outrageous vapid and generalized statements that don't apply any sense of logic or reason. Every post is an anecdote from his dota career and the fact that it he's experienced it makes it automatically an indisputed fact. Actually the most self centered and high strung person i've seen in this thread.

sheever was talking about weddings and buying stuff for the bridge and groom, she said something about bulldog being cheap and he just replies, I'm a jew.

Sickening.

Hylian7

sheever was talking about weddings and buying stuff for the bridge and groom, she said something about bulldog being cheap and he just replies, I'm a jew.

Sickening.

Yikes, yeah people in the community let a lot of that kind of stuff slide sadly. See Tobi.

Queue 3 page argument about whether Tobi is racist or not

Sianos

valve needs to nerf tropical storm spirit erika more

she's basically broken up yet can still knock out my internet for an hour

cocky.gif

JC Sera

Alot of people talk about the slardar, viper and jakiro need for a remodel.
Why doesn't anyone mention poor clinkz? he looks boring, and he's so tiny that any cosmetic item is unnoticeable. I think he has the least number of voice lines too.
He doesn't even have an emote.
nexon chest & compendium version

Top Bottom