• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

pompidu

So you can beat horde mode with troll within 20 mins. They will probably fix that soon so if anyone wants to beat that just go troll mid

You should be able to, since it is 8 trees that Sprout creates and they behave just like any other tree on the map. Though I can't even imagine a situation where that's something worth doing.

if you have orchid/hex/euls + aghs but your ult is on CD
laugh.gif

kionedrik

You should be able to, since it is 8 trees that Sprout creates and they behave just like any other tree on the map. Though I can't even imagine a situation where that's something worth doing.

I imagine it can be used to give vision inside and stop Furion from tp'ing away

Uriah

I wish your MMR would reset after a period of time like it does in CSGO. I haven't played in a year and I still have the same MMR.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
mmr should grow more slowly if you just spam one hero over and over, and when you pick heroes with high public wrs

mmr should grow more slowly if you just spam one hero over and over, and when you pick heroes with high public wrs

Better yet, make your MMR equal to the average of your hero MMR for your most played X heroes (I'd say 30 heroes should be a good basis)
That is if the hero MMR thing is good

I like the idea of lower winrate heroes giving slightly more mmr and higher winrate heroes giving slightly less, it'd add some more risk to picking OP heroes and less risk in picking heroes you're new with.

So if you pick Lesh and lose you lose 30 mmr(assuming balanced teams) and if you win you gain 20.

The problem lies with niche heroes that are strong, like Earth Spirit, but that could be fixed giving less mmr to hero spammers.

Nah don't factor in winrate, some heroes have awful WR because people are shit on them
See ember, chen, brood, naga, visage, rubick for instance

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I was lucky to find a team that made it possible for me to play. The games were @7/8pm my time which was between 2-4pm to some of the US players. It's a struggle and it's perfectly understandable if some don't want or simply can't play at those times.

2-4 PM PST is a fine time frame for the weekend and you can probably play just fine. The problem was people signing up and then only being able to play at 11AM PST on Sat/Sunday. It just screwed their team. If you're euro (or another timezone) and can generally play from 12PM-3/4PM, you're probably OK to sign up. The warning NA thing isn't meant to keep all euros out, just the ones with very very restrictive times. If you can't stay up somewhat late on either Saturday or Sunday, probably not best to sign up
sad.gif

And if someone wants to create a euro IHL at some point, that's great. TUSR and I were talking about how it'd be fine to have a euro/NA ihl running side by side, but we just didn't have the time/want to run two leagues lol. Someone can take up the euro mantle though.

As for MMR, it's a good "weed out" requirement in the sense that we know you're probably an active dota player if you've taken the time to get an MMR number, and it also serves as just another extra bit of info for captains on top of preseason IH's, dotabuff, etc... Speaking of preseason IH's, anyone (even euros that don't plan on playing!) can host and participate in preseason IH lobbies--just throw up a CM lobby with pw 'ihl' and post in here and the ihl thread, and ask me, tusr, demoli, tswift, procarbine, sanjay or ellen pudge to throw out an announcement in the IHL group (I think a few others have this power too).

edit: If you are one of the euros with somewhat flexible times and can/will/did (want to) sign up for IHL, please throw in your comment your availability (i.e. I'm European but I can generally play from 1pm - 5pm PST). If you've already signed up and want to add this to your comment, PM or steam message tusr or me so we can edit your comment. This is so you don't scare off captains and they know exactly when you can play (if you're European).

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
The whole focus for this IHL was shorter, smaller, and more streamlined. We want a tight knit community of active players and hopefully we can support 8-12 flexible and active teams and captains. That's the ideal, the dream. We had a lot of "dead" signups and players last season and I think part of that was the wow factor of being the first IHL in a looooooong time. The other "dead" contributor was a long season and rigid scheduling times, and that we could aim to fix.

Top Bottom