• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Artanisix

slardar brings plenty to a team, tanky initiator that can secondary carry quite well and enables easy roshan and pickoffs with amp. Just because he doesn't fit the meta doesn't mean he sucks

kionedrik

Slardar is a shit hero because he doesn't bring anything to a team

-25 minus armor is nice on paper so you can blow someone up fast but there are more than enough heroes to provide minus armor (and some of them do it an AoE or have to the potential to) that are actually useful for other things as well. The rest of his skills aren't any better.

How many games can you look back at and say "oh my god if they just had Slardar they would have totally won that game, all they needed is -25 armor!"

Negative armor counters agi carries that like to stack up on stat items (Gyro, SF, Morph, PL, etc) or naturally tanky heroes (BB, Centaur, Timber, etc).

To answer your question, yes there were games where I thought of how good it would be to have Slardar's ult against the enemy line-up, mainly because of heroes in the first group I listed before as they are the ones that are favored by the current meta.

Also regarding negative armor, consider that all the heroes that have it naturally aren't able to provide sure a massive debuff has Slardar does. You need something like VS+Naga+SF+BB to have almost the same impact.

I remember notail saying that slardar can be played as a support

How does this work? You need blink to do anything and even after you get it you're left with a disable with a massive cast animation, so you'll never be more than a shittier version of Lion or SS.

Russ T

Banned
Kunnka
anuxi_rum.gif

He has gotten nothing but buffs since 6.71.

;_;

pls

Russ T

Banned
slardar needs a buff in the form of a remodel/retexture

fix the way he looks and everybody will love him

he's really fun to play!!!

inkls

ugh, Magikarpdota's youtube account is apparently suspended.

No reason is given, still no idea why he was suspended. People on reddit immediately circlejerking that its because of people wanting copyright laws to be followed.

Top comment said:
Fuck you reddit. All that drama and look what the result was. We lost a great channel with great content. But go on, let's keep supporting idiots like Zai who don't even do shit with their content.

I like that people want to dictate what should be done with people content's when they have no grounds to.

"You have a sick car bro, you should let this random person drive it around and make videos about it because otherwise no one would be able to see how sick of a car it is. Because for some reason I'm entitled to seeing this car."

Saprol

how does anybody organize javascript.

if i hide something in a closure it's harder testing / extending it. the alternative is pretending nobody is ever supposed to use something by sticking an underscore in its variable name

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm using React right now and the workflow organizes itself...

I think. I never tried testing if my variables are still global or not.

blink > situ
I tried MoM once, lost but not because of me I'd say, it kind of worked. It's pretty risky but perma bash is fun
fuck armlet
I guess deso could be fine now that it was buffed ?

I think one big buff to him would be making his ult faster to cast. You pretty much lose one auto attack using it, and that's a lot against a target with minus armor

ugh, Magikarpdota's youtube account is apparently suspended.

No reason is given, still no idea why he was suspended. People on reddit immediately circlejerking that its because of people wanting copyright laws to be followed.

I like that people want to dictate what should be done with people content's when they have no grounds to.

"You have a sick car bro, you should let this random person drive it around and make videos about it because otherwise no one would be able to see how sick of a car it is. Because for some reason I'm entitled to seeing this car."
YOU WOULDNT DOWNLOAD A CAR

Also there's no time to be reasonable, CIRCLEJERK COMMENCE.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
what to build on slardar

I kinda wanna try MoM/armlet?

Treads-Blink-Stuff

He's a flex builder like WR. Armlet is nice. BKB. I think SNY also works. Or Assault Cuirass.

The last time I played against a Slardar he demonstrated that he is one of like two people you can get away with building moonshard on as a non seven slot item.

Chris R

no it's absolute trash, dead serious
edit : nah, and it's not really comparable either I'd say

I don't think it's trash. Of course I'm used to working with JavaScript with jQuery and not pure JavaScript, but I've never had much issue with it, including working with other libraries like Google Maps.

Russ T

Banned
never thought I'd see the day I'd be sick of seeing storm spirit and clockwerk

i know, right, they used to be two of my absolute favorite heroes to watch

clock i think i'm still mostly cool with, but ss i'd love to see just sit on the bench for a good few months

slardar's more fun to snowball with than almost every other str carry except maybe NS and ET, which matters.

but yes buff his ult, make it undispellable and give it a minibash.

Chris R

These elimination games will get VODs up on Youtube right?

Also, fuck, I knew Persona wasn't going to make it this year but Summer next is rough and hurts :(

inkls

I seem to be having an issue with twitch right now.

Black screen, but audio still works. Tried loading with no addons on, tried updating flash, didn't work.

Firefox

:/

Low Tier
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1799957104

offlane slardar in action here

5400 avg game

Honestly just granting vision and -armor is fantastic for setup. Like sven isn't even my ideal 1 to pair with slardar, and he did fine.

Running at 522 with blink and force gives you fantastic coverage of the map and makes you really annoying to kill too. High armor makes you fantastic for offlane and ffs you're a fish

Top Bottom