• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Satch

Banned
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
TEAM MASC
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png

Hylian7

i assume because true strike works with the other shots when you use flak cannon (need confirmation), but daed can't crit unless its the main shot. But thats just my speculation

This is correct, but you also have to look at another aspect of it: Mainly what damage items are available on the hero. When we think of "damage items", we think of stuff like Desolator and Deadalus. However on Gyro neither of these items are good, so what's next down the line?

Obviously Rapier exists, but we definitely don't want to get that. Monkey King Bar is so core on Gyro just because it's the highest damage item in the game that isn't reliant on being a Unique Attack Modifier, a crit, or anything of that nature. It gives +88 damage. Daedalus gives +81 damage, and then of course the crit obviously.

Gyro isn't particularly reliant on attack speed. Agility helps with his damage, but still his main source of attack damage is from his Flak Cannon, so you want items that work with that. MKB is basicallly the definitive item for that, even if there is no evasion on the other team. Gyro's damage output is the number of Flak Cannon charges, then goes down significantly. Firing these Flak Cannon shots faster rather than having them do more damage won't help you, since they are limited, so you want to maximize damage out of each one.

When someone in a stack abandons does that make the game not safe to leave anymore? Cause I was in a 4 stack and our 5th insta picked terrorblade and we all had to abandon

DrPizza

Banned
This was a tremendously fun comeback.

Start the game 1-4. 14K XP down, 15K gold down. Finish it 13-4 (with a deny to Roshan to keep my streak alive).

Including a one-shot on Bounty Hunter at the end (Sanity's Eclipse hit him for 1260, he had 1195 health), and a valiant attempt by their Lycan to backdoor us.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1806380456

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Custom games are pretty good when they actually work. The experience is super smooth.

jew

Banned
wtf my ping decreased from 180-40 and my mmr tripled im now 15k mmr thx icefrog. i think theres a correlation with ping and mmr to the tune of nearly y=0

jew

Banned
hey guys im beginning my career as a professional strife player i am currently ranked #1 on the leaderboards and im looking for sponsors for my professional team if you are interested tweet at my manager charlie yang #theboys are winning the strifeternational Championship 2016

elyetis

Custom games are pretty good when they actually work. The experience is super smooth.
Depend who host, I only played custom games this week ( dota imba 10v10, and hardcore ninja ), and quickly decided to host myself.

Some mods like epic boss fight are fun, but it's just too infuriating to play with randoms, too many people will d/c after the first few minutes or afk half of the game.

Smithy C

Are servers borked today? Or is Reborn just still awful? Used to take me around 3 minutes to find a game in the old client just searching on EUW, now I can't seem to find a game at all.

Edit: Got in to a game after 20 minute queue, got disconnected at minute 1 and now can't reconnect. WP valve.

M.D

rofl moonmeander moving to israel

hope shit doesn't get hot any time soon or i'm guessing he'll be packing his suit case very quickly

J2d

The client sucks so much ass that I'm tempted to just sell off every item and buy cities skyline or something, with yesterday and today I've probably spent over two hours searching for games without ever getting into one.

K so I'm a scrub who just started playing Sven. I've been building him as HotD, Treads, Sange/Yasha, then BKB. The two games I got blink after BKB and had a much higher success rate with finishing fights. Is that an item that's core on him nowadays or should I just get gud with war cry chasing?

Wok

K so I'm a scrub who just started playing Sven. I've been building him as HotD, Treads, Sange/Yasha, then BKB. The two games I got blink after BKB and had a much higher success rate with finishing fights. Is that an item that's core on him nowadays or should I just get gud with war cry chasing?

The scariest Sven which I have faced had a MoM+blink on top of BKB.

t0rment

blink and bkb is super core on sven. he's useless without it. i prefer MoM than helm.

I'm the best Sven EU West. Build him as I build him, however, get a Blink. I usually play him with Wisp which is why I opt to go for damage over mobility because Wisp provides that but you absolutely need Blink Dagger otherwise. Don't forget to consume a Moon Shard as your 7th item because the hero scales very well with attack speed.

Top Bottom