• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Sianos

prediction: silencer will be one of the great scourges of 6.85

stole 70 intelligence that last game, and stole enough from faceless void that he couldn't afford to cast chronosphere any more

the orb harrass, the massive damage off his right clicks, the nuke/silence/slow all in one spell, global silence

if you do level a late curse of the silent and choose to go the aghs - refresher route you can theoretically silence everyone for 12 seconds, drain a ton of mana, deal massive dot damage, and globally disable all blinks

alternatively you can hit for massive damage with glaives while still having a lot of disabling power

EWmof.gif
praise nortrom
p0QHO.gif

Dreavus

prediction: silencer will be one of the great scourges of 6.85

stole 70 intelligence that last game, and stole enough from faceless void that he couldn't afford to cast chronosphere any more

the orb harrass, the massive damage off his right clicks, the nuke/silence/slow all in one spell, global silence

if you do level a late curse of the silent and choose to go the aghs - refresher route you can theoretically silence everyone for 12 seconds, drain a ton of mana, deal massive dot damage, and globally disable all blinks

alternatively you can hit for massive damage with glaives while still having a lot of disabling power

EWmof.gif
praise nortrom
p0QHO.gif

The last time I got a reasonably fast aghs on Silencer, everyone on the other team ended up with a blademail and I was super sad any time I tried to ult. Unlike a Zeus ult they have time to react to my bullshit and a refresher was just suicide. :p

Sianos

The last time I got a reasonably fast aghs on Silencer, everyone on the other team ended up with a blademail and I was super sad any time I tried to ult. Unlike a Zeus ult they have time to react to my bullshit and a refresher was just suicide. :p
Ooh, good point! And it lasts so long not even a full bkb could block it.

I definitely prefer the heavy right click silencer, by the end of that last game I was hitting for 400 damage a glaive.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Blade mail is an item that fucks me literally every time someone on the opponent team buys one, but whenever I buy it, it's a mild annoyance at best to my eventual murderer.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hylian, I think you may be over reliant on using your ultimate as SF in the late game. You would have likely done a lot more damage just auto attacking. You almost always use your BKB to make sure you got your ult off, and then we would ether move to the side to not take much damage, or glimmer cape so we could just stand there. Like one fight you wasted BKB and Aegis just trying to use your ult.

Also your team never bought another gem for some reason after we took your first.

manfestival

I'm the best Sven EU West. Build him as I build him, however, get a Blink. I usually play him with Wisp which is why I opt to go for damage over mobility because Wisp provides that but you absolutely need Blink Dagger otherwise. Don't forget to consume a Moon Shard as your 7th item because the hero scales very well with attack speed.

I must ask, if I want to spam lord sven, what should I do for maximum victorage?

inkls

Hylian, I think you may be over reliant on using your ultimate as SF in the late game. You would have likely done a lot more damage just auto attacking. You almost always use your BKB to make sure you got your ult off, and then we would ether move to the side to not take much damage, or glimmer cape so we could just stand there. Like one fight you wasted BKB and Aegis just trying to use your ult.

Also your team never bought another gem for some reason after we took your first.

The disruptor had one for the last 2 teamfights at least. You can also see it in the final scoreboard.

Zephyx

what if patch isn't this week and is next

"most likely next week"

If it's ever gonna come this week, the earliest we should see the patch notes will be tomorrow and the latest will be on Thursday. I don't think it will arrive this week though. There are still many things to address with the current client (unstable FPS/performance, matchmaking issues, random crashes) that just ruins the user experience.

Hylian7

what if patch isn't this week and is next

"most likely next week"

Don't. Pls no.

There were lots of gems flying around that game, and like Inkls said we did have another.

I was mainly ulting for the Attack Slow, as still just surviving while sitting there and right clicking was difficult.

The throw was so real though. We should have won that if it weren't for that silly play in your base.

Quesa

Added a new mode: Dispatch

From the play menu, send your best heroes out on missions to collect special artifacts from the world of the Mad Moon. Each mission you select has a difficulty, from Passive to Unfair. The more wins you've accumulated with a hero, the higher the chance of success. Send multiple heroes (up to four). However, should the mission fail, you are prevented from using that hero in regular or ranked matchmaking for a set number of games. Succeed and you could receive rare, account-bound and exclusive items!

My client crashes when I get in the menu. I still hear the music, but it becomes all blurry especially the Dota log.

whatever valve I guess I'll just play CSGO
invoker-smirk.gif

Added a new mode: Dispatch

From the play menu, send your best heroes out on missions to collect special artifacts from the world of the Mad Moon. Each mission you select has a difficulty, from Passive to Unfair. The more wins you've accumulated with a hero, the higher the chance of success. Send multiple heroes (up to four). However, should the mission fail, you are prevented from using that hero in regular or ranked matchmaking for a set number of games. Succeed and you could receive rare, account-bound and exclusive items!
Once you recognize the secret reason for QoP's exposure, you will feeld ashamed of your words & deeds.

its because shes a succubus

Low Tier
its a bit homogeneous ngl, and is it just me or is every song just talking about relationships

iunno i'll still support it and rock it, but i was expecting something a bit progressive from bones but im not feeling it

its a bit homogeneous ngl, and is it just me or is every song just talking about relationships

iunno i'll still support it and rock it, but i was expecting something a bit progressive from bones but im not feeling it

Yeah, I agree. The sound's an order of magnitude lighter and I'm not sure I like it much at all. I could feel Bones in my bones but this feels rather unimpactful. Every song that stuck out to me I had heard prior.

Low Tier
Yeah, I agree. The sound's an order of magnitude lighter and I'm not sure I like it much at all. I could feel Bones in my bones but this feels rather unimpactful. Every song that stuck out to me I had heard prior.

i think it was intentional on their part, they wanted to par it down more, but in doing so i think they removed a lot of what worked for them in Bones. Now every song just sounds like Lauren vocalizing over noise

i think it was intentional on their part, they wanted to par it down more, but in doing so i think they removed a lot of what worked for them in Bones. Now every song just sounds like Lauren vocalizing over noise

Pretty much. What they [may have] gained in widespread appeal, they lost in identity, really. She still has a pretty kickin' voice, but it doesn't really carry the album.

I must ask, if I want to spam lord sven, what should I do for maximum victorage?

I usually go 3-0-1 in lane and spare one point to put it into Cleave when laning phase is over. I have seen pros leave the stun at 1 point so I'm not entirely sure what the best way is in that regard. That's what usually works for me.

Itemization is honestly pretty straight forward. Unless you have a Wisp, you get a Blink Dagger instead of the HoT. Late game, you swap your Mask of Madness for a Satanic and consume a Moon Shard.

Mask of Madness works most of the time because Sven goes BKB and has a skill that grants him a lot of armor so he's really not squishy under any circumstances unless the game is utterly out of control and the enemy team is very far ahead in which case you'd have lost with any other heroes as well.

His #1 problem is obviously getting controlled like crazy. Not that much you can do vs Glimmers, Ghost Scepters, Eul's, Force Staffs, ranged Skadi heroes and so forth.

Also, I have taken over the acc of my brother roughly 6 months ago and played it from low 2ks up to its first very high bracket games recently:

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/58054528

Been a lot of fun.

Top Bottom